Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Missing images and avatars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

While the server was being fixed up over the last few days a band of gremlins with pitchforks managed to sneak in through the back and made off with some of our recently uploaded image data, sadly this means that we've lost a couple of pages worth of photographs from the forum gallery as well as a small number of member profile photographs and avatars.

Fortunately the uploading features are all working again so if your avatar or profile picture is missing then please feel free to update it, if you posted any images to our gallery recently you might need to re-upload those as well if they are missing.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience the server issues this week may have caused.

#2    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,543 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

View PostSaru, on 11 May 2010 - 07:45 PM, said:

While the server was being fixed up over the last few days a band of gremlins with pitchforks managed to sneak in through the back and made off with some of our recently uploaded image data, sadly this means that we've lost a couple of pages worth of photographs from the forum gallery as well as a small number of member profile photographs and avatars.

Fortunately the uploading features are all working again so if your avatar or profile picture is missing then please feel free to update it, if you posted any images to our gallery recently you might need to re-upload those as well if they are missing.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience the server issues this week may have caused.

Kinda gave life a new and weird little twist, good to shake us up from time to time anyhow.
Attached File  no conscience.jpg   49.5K   14 downloads  
Good to know we're all better now though.

Posted Image

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,438 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

I've noticed it seems to say "[font="[font="Trebuchet MS"] in the quote in my sig, which I don't think I've fiddled with lately, but apart form that I don't seem to have any complaints.  I shall be the first to know, though, if I have.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

View Post747400, on 11 May 2010 - 08:25 PM, said:

I've noticed it seems to say "[font="[font="Trebuchet MS"] in the quote in my sig, which I don't think I've fiddled with lately, but apart form that I don't seem to have any complaints.  I shall be the first to know, though, if I have.
Your signature is displaying fine for me, do you see the broken tags every time it is displayed ( this thread for instance ) or does it happen only in specific threads ? Also, what browser are you using ?

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,438 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

I seem to have rectified it now. I hadn't noticed it before, but it may have been something I'd done, I suppose.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6    a nice cup of tea

a nice cup of tea

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Go ahead, make my day...

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:50 AM

cool bananas, i wondered why my avatar went walkies. all fixed now tho. cheers

dyslexics of the world untie!

#7    ai_guardian

ai_guardian

al-sifer .o.O.o. refic-ul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

• If you want to know what it will be like when you die, just remember back to what it was like before you were born.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

I've just noticed that Blog BANNER images are missing? Whether they are customisable per member running a blog or whether there is a global Blog Banner image, I don't know or whether it is my browser (I doubt that though).

Just thought I'd let you know. Seems like the little "gremlins with pitchforks" have made off with those as well.

Please ignore if this is already mentioned elsewhere or if is just me :blush:

Cheers

"... there can be no certainty of the last Conclusion, without a certainty of all those Affirmations and Negations, on which it was grounded, and inferred. ... And therefore if a man should talk to me of ... Immateriall Substances; or of A free Subject; A free-will; or any Free, but free from being hindred by opposition, I should not say he were in an Errour, but that his words were without meaning; that is to say, Absurd. ..."[sic] Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan (1651)

#8    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

My avatar went walkies too. Nice to see it fixed though.

With the things happening over a few days, would that be the reason why I tried to access the site and my computer said it could not find ther server?

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

View Postai_guardian, on 12 May 2010 - 02:30 AM, said:

I've just noticed that Blog BANNER images are missing?
Thanks for the heads up, that's the banners fixed now.

View PostMichaelW, on 12 May 2010 - 03:00 AM, said:

With the things happening over a few days, would that be the reason why I tried to access the site and my computer said it could not find ther server?
Yes the server would have been inaccessable for some people for a few hours on Monday.

#10    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,993 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:53 PM

Pseudo i've moved your question to the Help and Support Desk here as its a separate support issue.

#11    skyflash

skyflash

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• The subconscious mind remembers everything, including where you put that something you mislaid.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

View PostSaru, on 11 May 2010 - 07:45 PM, said:

I was kind of wondering where my pics and avatar had disappeared to.... phew that's a relief, thought that UM had decided to clear me out  :huh:  
Come to think of it......  :cry:

Thanks for letting us know what happened Saru.  :tu:

#12    tcgram

tcgram

Government Agent

• 3,448 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

I was wondering myself what was going on...thank you so much for updating us!!!   :)

#13    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:32 AM

Awesome! Good to know, thank you for the notification Saru. My avy made a disappearing act too, not to long after I uploaded it. Lol. There was a brief moment when I thought I was going senile, because I was starting to doubt that I had ever uploaded the damn thing.

Edited by Purifier, 22 May 2010 - 04:32 AM.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users