Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Johnny Rotten scolds haters

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 12 April 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

:rofl:
Or stabbed or shot or run over or murdered

#32    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 April 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Or stabbed or shot or run over or murdered

:passifier:

Nice One.Words achieve more than violence ever will.My opinion stands.

Edited by shaddow134, 12 April 2013 - 01:37 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#33    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 12 April 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

:passifier:

Nice One.Words achieve more than violence ever will.My opinion stands.
:passifier: :passifier:

#34    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,392 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Persumably this is not a great concern since most of her diehard supporters are so old they might injure themselves in the mere attempt without even connecting. Anyways isn't that a lower class thing to do? Resort to violence.
violence is a tool most effectively employed by the upper class as they take over...err I mean spread democracy to other nations that aren't toeing the money line.

#35    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostSetton, on 11 April 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Show some respect to her family at least.

Would that be the family consisting of an alcoholic father, a gun-running son who was arrested in South Africa during a failed coup, and a racist daughter who made every penny she could from her mother's name ...... entering every tacky gameshow that would have her?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#36    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,668 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 April 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Would that be the family consisting of an alcoholic father, a gun-running son who was arrested in South Africa during a failed coup, and a racist daughter who made every penny she could from her mother's name ...... entering every tacky gameshow that would have her?

Interesting that you would pick one aspect of the husband (alcoholism) as a reason for not showing respect....

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#37    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 April 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

It would be the children who have just lost their mother. Imagine if your mother died and you had to hear people celebrating, throwing parties and saying they'll 'dance on her grave'. How do you think you'd feel?

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#38    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostOverSword, on 12 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

violence is a tool most effectively employed by the upper class as they take over...err I mean spread democracy to other nations that aren't toeing the money line.

Good point other than the upper class has already taken over but even when they employ violence it is as a tool and takes a martial or police action form. In other words they will employ the lower (than themselves) classes to do the dirty work for them without having to get their own polite hands or digits dirty.

The way violence was espoused in this thread, with fists, is another matter.

View PostSetton, on 11 April 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

And presumably you have some evidence she celebrated miners' deaths? Or was even responsible for them? Didn't think so.

I've said it before and will again: If you were against Thatcher's policies, the time to celebrate was when she left government, not her death. Show some respect to her family at least.

Yes, with champagne.

View PostSetton, on 12 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

It would be the children who have just lost their mother. Imagine if your mother died and you had to hear people celebrating, throwing parties and saying they'll 'dance on her grave'. How do you think you'd feel?

I take it that you have never seen Mommie Dearest?

The children if anything like us humans with a beating compassionate heart for those she has hurt will probably recall another movie.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

#39    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 April 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Yes, with champagne.

Then, please, share.

I take it that you have never seen Mommie Dearest?

No, but if you're saying Thatcher abused her children, again, evidence please.

The children if anything like us humans with a beating compassionate heart for those she has hurt will probably recall another movie.

And forget all those she helped. One thing you can't deny: she had her ideas on what was right and stuck to them. More than can be said for any of the lefty cravens we've ever had in power. They just dither and waste time and everyone's money.

'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#40    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostSetton, on 12 April 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Then, please, share.

Ask the Mags, she was the one celebrating with it.

No, but if you're saying Thatcher abused her children, again, evidence please.

Not saying that at all just disagreeing with your, "It would be the children," comment. A better response to that might be that since she was a public figure, and a controversial one at that, that this is not just a family affair.

And forget all those she helped. One thing you can't deny: she had her ideas on what was right and stuck to them. More than can be said for any of the lefty cravens we've ever had in power. They just dither and waste time and everyone's money.

I agree with the first portion and woud have liked your whole post had you not included the latter. Good points anyways through and through except for this last bit.

#41    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,254 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Only terrorists would celebrate

#42    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,529 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 April 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Only terrorists would celebrate

A ridiculous statement.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#43    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 12 April 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Interesting that you would pick one aspect of the husband (alcoholism) as a reason for not showing respect....
It was the first thing that sprang to mind(what he is mainly remembered for?).
Also interesting to me is the fact that you mentioned my assessment of Dennis rather than that of the two living members of the family.

View PostSetton, on 12 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I imagine it's only what they would expect a section of the population to do. Their mother was hated by many people all through her political life.

But that is not the job of a Prime Minister!!!! Their job is to carry out the will of the people!
And she certainly didn't help those who needed help the most ...... and those people will never forget that.

Edited by ouija ouija, 12 April 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#44    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• 1,550 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 12 April 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

But that is not the job of a Prime Minister!!!! Their job is to carry out the will of the people!
And she certainly didn't help those who needed help the most ...... and those people will never forget that.

And yet the people kept voting her in after she carried out her ideas. Ergo, they probably were the will of the people.

#45    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

The Falklands War: population of Falkland Islands = 2,841. Number of British personnel killed: 255. Estimated cost of war: £2.8 BILLION!

Thatcher, the friend and protector of General Pinochet ........ that well known butcher of Chilean citizens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users