Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush Signs Energy Bill Into Law

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    4dplane

4dplane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• To study where I stand, teaches me what I have been missing.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:58 PM

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.a...w=wn_wire_story

"Most Americans will feel the impact of new law in 2007 when daylight-saving time is extended by one month to save energy."

I'm down with this idea, but Bush didn't come up with it, people just stopped being so superstitious.

"Consumers will also be able to claim tax credits for installing more energy-efficient windows and solar panels on their homes and purchasing hybrid fueled vehicles."

Sounds great, but I think itís just a trick so he can:
Give energy companies large tax breaks when they have had record profits
Keep our society dependent on oil
Drill in Alaska
And most of all, drive penis enlarging vehicles!

Any belief is a self protecting device through which the mind disconnects itself from truth. Only a mind that is free from any anticipation, hope, and belief can act justly and in alliance with truth and reality.
-Krishnamurti

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
-Mark Twan

#2    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

It's funny, when the Bush Administration looks like it's trying to take a step in the right direction it's still somehow going to come back and bite them on the butt. laugh.gif

Out of curiosity, are they going to come out with a hybrid truck or SUV?

For all the poeple that comdemn those of us that drive them, some of us have no choice. How do you propose that I get my building material, lanscape materials, etc home without one?

#3    4dplane

4dplane

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• To study where I stand, teaches me what I have been missing.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:21 PM

If you use the truck for real (what its meant for) - than I have no problem with you driving an SUV. But Americans are obsessed with sex, drugs, and big FY mobiles. Many people drive SUVs to be tuff and others drive them for so-called security.

Edited by 4dplane, 08 August 2005 - 09:22 PM.

Any belief is a self protecting device through which the mind disconnects itself from truth. Only a mind that is free from any anticipation, hope, and belief can act justly and in alliance with truth and reality.
-Krishnamurti

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
-Mark Twan

#4    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:34 PM

Yes, there are some....I remember when I first got it and it looked brand new. Driving down the street I would get dirty looks from people with environmental bumper stickers on their little cars. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing to make total strangers look at me like they hated me. hmm.gif You have to remember, too, that some poeple also have several children, and if they are into sports and car pooling they have to have an SUV to haul them around.

Don't be so quick to judge. wink2.gif

#5    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(4dplane @ Aug 8 2005, 04:21 PM)

If you use the truck for real (what its meant for) - than I have no problem with you driving an SUV. But Americans are obsessed with sex, drugs, and big FY mobiles. Many people drive SUVs to be tuff and others drive them for so-called security. 

View Post

The people that really bother me behind the wheel of SUV's are the tiny 30 something women that are 4foot9 darting dangerously from lane to lane without using their directional signal while sipping her coffee, talking on her cell phone, reading the paper and hauling 5 kids.....Just saying. disgust.gif

#6    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

Other countries manage just fine without over the top gas gusslers.

If Bush is really doing this to try and be resourceful, then good on him, maybe theirs a brain cell floating around in his head somewhere after all, go bushy baby. He will be hugging trees, and dancing around may poles with flowers in his hair before you know it  wink2.gif

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#7    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

laugh.gif well girty, I'm 5'7" in my forties, am a very careful driver, always signal, NEVER use a cell phone while driving, and don't have any kids, I will, however, have a large water with me at all times, grin2.gif .....oh, just saying... w00t.gif

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:07 PM

Girty, can you say , soccer Mum? We own a four wheel drive, we live in the country, we use it for animal cartage, feed, soil, rubbish removal. I wish people would learn, they're work vehicles not status symbols.

#9    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,738 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:14 PM

And most of all, drive penis enlarging vehicles!

We call those Corvettes...are you suffering from penis envy?  Or are you just jealous?

And as for Anwar....we need the oil so when we bomb the oil fields of Iran and Saudi Arabia and Syria...we will have a virtually unlimited cheap supply. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#10    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Michelle)
laugh.gif well girty, I'm 5'7" in my forties, am a very careful driver, always signal, NEVER use a cell phone while driving, and don't have any kids, I will, however, have a large water with me at all times, grin2.gif .....oh, just saying... w00t.gif

Water+turn signal = happy driver. grin2.gif Besides, you haul stuff around in yours. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Kismit)
Girty, can you say , soccer Mum? We own a four wheel drive, we live in the country, we use it for animal cartage, feed, soil, rubbish removal. I wish people would learn, they're work vehicles not status symbols.

You hit the nail right on the head! yes.gif

#11    morpheas

morpheas

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

-Post removed-

be true to yourself first, then you can be true with others.

#12    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Kismit @ Aug 8 2005, 04:07 PM)

View Post

Amen to that!   thumbsup.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

I also drive a 4X4 and I live in Rural America, where you need a vehicle of that caliber.

Some of us actually work & haul stuff!

original.gif
~~~~~~~~~~

As for the Energy Bill . . the changing of Day Light Savings . . . idk???

mellow.gif

Edited by nativechick1989, 08 August 2005 - 10:38 PM.

#13    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Kismit @ Aug 8 2005, 11:07 PM)

View Post

These vehicles in my Village are work vehicles and practical for their lifestyle  however the ones the ladys drive too and from  my Health club when they turn up for their coffee mornings everyday are definitely status symbols.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users