Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare white baboon spotted in the African bush

Still Waters

Incredible photographs show a rare white baboon roaming the African bush.

The adorable baboon was spotted in the Arusha National Park in Tanzania, along with the rest of the troop who did not seem to notice its unusual fur colour.

It is not albino but has a condition called Leucism which only affects the pigment in its skin and fur.

http://www.dailymail...k-Tanzania.html

• Like 2

Cute one - I hope he survives. Albino animals otherwise faces at least two dangers;

• Being ostracised by the group, because they are "different" - and seen as a threat somehow.
  • Being killed by predators first, because they are the animal that stands out of the herd/group, and are easy for a predator to follow with its eyes when they charge the group for a killing.

PS. When I'm tired I get a mild form of dyslexia, when I read something quickly, it seems. When I read the title of this thread I read; Rare white baboon spitted on the African bush. The same with another thread here; Wolf family killed after attacks on livestock I read; Wolf killed family after attacks on livestock. which give the threads a whole different meaning. :)

• Like 2

Never seen a white baboon before.

White and albino animals are more prone to getting skin cancers too. ^