Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vibrator causes a stir on rubbish dump

Lionel

While a group of women were gleaning items for recycling from the Hermanus rubbish dump, they heard a mechanical ticking sound coming from one of the rubbish bags.

Thinking it could be a bomb, they ran away, calling out to the manager "bomb, bomb!".

Adolf Hansen, manager of the dump, went to investigate.

"I heard a sort of a trrr-ticking sound. I didn't really want to touch it because I thought it's possible it could be a bomb. Once some of the workers here found a hand grenade and came and told me: 'We don't know what this thing is.'"

"Well, it was a big drama at that time and we called the police and they called the bomb squad from Stellenbosch and they came and took the hand grenade away."

"So now I thought if I call the police it's going to be a big drama like that again and maybe it's not a bomb anyway because it sounded a bit like a clock. But it is my job, so I thought I would just tear the bag open a bit, and then there I saw what it was - a vibrator, the batteries still working," Hansen said.

He recognised what it was immediately, he said, because he had seen vibrators "more than once" before. This one, he said, was "middle-sized".

Hansen laughed when he saw it, and told the women recyclers there was no danger of an explosion. But they were puzzled, he said, and wanted to know what it was. Hansen explained as best he could and they looked at him and said: "We don't know this thing".

Nor did they think it was an item to be retained for recycling.

If the vibrator was still in good working order, why did the owner throw it away?

"Well," said Hansen, "maybe the owner has now found someone."

Source

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moe eubleck

• Starlyte

• klamath

• Xenojjin

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Have you guys heard about the vibrating Hary Potter broom? The nimbus 2000 caused quite a bit of contraversy amongst concerned parents.

they looked at him and said: "We don't know this thing".

Yeah rite !!!!!!!!!! who do they think they're kiddin' lmao

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Have you guys heard about the vibrating Hary Potter broom? The nimbus 2000 caused quite a bit of contraversy amongst concerned parents.

Haven't heard that Moe. How funny! laugh.gif

LOL. I thought you would have heard about the Nimbus 2000, else i wouldve included an atricle. Well nuff said. Cheack it out.

Mattel recently introduced the "Harry Potter Broomstick". It's a battery-powered toy that resembles the flying Nimbus 2000 brooms from the Harry Potter movies. For added effect, the broom makes "flying noises" and vibrates.

After a while on the market, concerned parents noticed that mostly young girls seemed to enjoy the toy - especially the vibrating part...

Here are some of the customer reviews from the Toys R Us website:

Reviewer: A toy enthusiast from NJ

This toy was #1 on my daughter's Christmas list. So what the heck, although it has no educational value I figured it would be good for imaginative play. It wasn't until after she opened her gift and started playing with it that I realized that the toy may offer a more than sensational experience. The broomstick has cute sound effects and ***VIBRATES*** when they put it between their legs to fly. Come on---what were the creators of this toy thinking? She'll keep playing with the Nimbus 2000, but with the batteries removed.

Reviewer: Ashley from TX

My 12 year old daughter is a big Harry Potter fan, and loved the part with the Nimbus 2000, so I decided to buy her this toy. I was afraid she would think it was too babyish, but she LOVES this toy. Even my daughter's friends enjoy playing with this fun toy. I was surprised at how long they can just sit in her room and play with this magic broomstick! A great buy for any Harry Potter fan! original.gif

........ a christmas present for the wifey? whistling2.gif

I wonder if the creators of the toy actually realized what they were doing ?

Its kinda funny once you think about it , but I don't think it was intentionall as it would not have been good for mattels reputation to creat a vibrator for young girls . wacko.gif

*picks on xeno* The government made them . Girls with sex toys are easy to control. tongue.gif

Isn't that just plain gross??

The fact that they are selling a used vibe is rather disgusting. As far as the model and make, I understand that hello kitty gives quite a thrill. thumbsup.gif