Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buddhist Monk Levitation

Xnibiru

Magician Dan White meets up with a Buddhist monk, in Nepal, who has the power of levitation. Do you believe this or not???

Watch: Buddhist Monk Levitation – Full Video

When I was a child, I heard many stories about some ancient people levitating into the air in broad day light. And I know many Buddhist monks have supernormal abitly and this is one of them.

Most buddhist monks carry around a laptop and make a living off selling trinkets. No-one can levitate with supernatural powers.

This is a case of one magician meeting up with another.

• Like 1

I wonder if he could still perform the trick if he was sitting in the middle of the room away from the curtain?

Bit more impressed with this guy's trick:

• Like 2

Most buddhist monks carry around a laptop and make a living off selling trinkets. No-one can levitate with supernatural powers.

This is a case of one magician meeting up with another.

Maybe you don't know there are many monks in ShaoLin temple or Dao cultivators in China with strange abilities.

Maybe you don't know there are many monks in ShaoLin temple or Dao cultivators in China with strange abilities.

Well, many claim to have abilities, but few actually seem to be able to demonstrate them without requiring the same set up a magician needs.

• Like 3

Magician Dan White meets up with a Buddhist monk, in Nepal, who has the power of levitation. Do you believe this or not???

When I was a child, I heard many stories about some ancient people levitating into the air in broad day light. And I know many Buddhist monks have supernormal abitly and this is one of them.

sorry but NO-ONE, ever, can levitate! If it was at all do-able, id have invested in the training/knowledge years ago. But its all some form of trickery, and as has been said already here, take away any props and the levitater is screwed. Heres some more

indianlevetation-500x342.jpg

levitation.jpg

levitation.jpg

• Like 1

No we don´t know that, and neither do you. You are simply believing stories.

• Like 2

It goes to show how even the 'humble monk' will try and trick people. That's the different between a magician and someone who claims to have special powers - a magician tells you it's a trick, the other will try and deceive you into believing it's real.

• Like 5

I wonder if he could still perform the trick if he was sitting in the middle of the room away from the curtain?

I don´t...

sorry but NO-ONE, ever, can levitate! If it was at all do-able, id have invested in the training/knowledge years ago. But its all some form of trickery, and as has been said already here, take away any props and the levitater is screwed. Heres some more

Sorry, the case of the monk is not like these cases at all. These are not called levitating capability.

You, sir, have the sort of keen and discerning mein that tells me you recognize quality, value and economy as well as the mysterious. For such a person as yourself, I have a unrepeatable offer: I can sell you at an amazingly low price that well-known edifice but a few rods from my own home, the Brooklyn Bridge. Yes, the amount of fund necessary to fund this transaction is almost embarassingly low, but, as they say, needs must when the devil drives. Please PM for me additional information so we can make this happen!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 7

Sorry, the case of the monk is not like these cases at all. These are not called levitating capability.

The one thing thats the same though no matter how the trick is done, is that they have ROBES which conveniently cover whatever contraption does the lifting. (Or curtains) . Lets see anyone of them do it in just shorts!!

If you really believe SOMEONE can levitate, then I know a Nigerian prince whose looking to send 42 Million US dollars to someone willing to accept a poxy 5 million USD in commission.

This is a serious offer, and I just need your full name, DOB, social security number, account number, and passport number.

Deal?

• Like 1

So I know most of you don't buy it and neither do I, but if it is a trick, how exactly are they doing it? I don't see any obvious props besides the cane/stick and then in the video with the monk, I don't see how he tricked us? Can anyone of you explain the process? I'd be interested to know so that I might understand how they deceive people.

Its not just old monks who can do odd things either

Haha cool post. I've seen the one with the falling head before. The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

• Like 1

Haha cool post. I've seen the one with the falling head before. The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

seen this one? It really is freaky

• Like 1

Wow, what a totally convincing and not at all completely faked-looking video. My complements in particular to the cameraman for having the foresight to realize the importance of dramatically cutting away repeatedly to show the host's reactions instead of the amazing never before recorded event they came there specifically to see. I would've foolishly kept the camera focused on every second of the action being sure to show it from all angles without pause as it happened, thereby spoiling this truly once in a lifetime opportunity.

• Like 5

Seeder - That's insane! I rewatched it and I can see how it could all be a work, but very cool nonetheless.

• Like 1

Seeder - That's insane! I rewatched it and I can see how it could all be a work, but very cool nonetheless.

:tu: Yeh Criss Angel is brilliant, and Dynamo, do a youtube search on them, it'll keep you entertained for ages!! Yes that last trick I reckon was a dwarf and obviously one of those half people, who are more common that you think, thats why Criss was holding the holder the half woman was in, under the skirt when they pulled her off

If you rewatch, the woman used for the trick walked weird, sat weird, and laid back really odd, the 2 girls helping were stooges of course...you can hear a wooden sound when Criss tapped her waist

edit: typos

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Even the "liberal-know-nothings" from the US Public Broadcasting Service debunked this years ago with demonstrations from the streets of India. A one-legged prop and thin "butt support" are used, not seen in the candlelit darkness and billowy obfuscation of the monk's clothing and stick. Of course Magician Dan's complicity was required, also. Such a clip as this would only enhance his (relatively under-known) magician's reputation. Who is he? I'm an oldster, familiar only with Kreskin, Randi, Geller and 'Mandrake.'

The real miracle is not to raise oneself while living, but rather after one isn't. Some are said to have done this, but the reports have been questioned and, in some cases, dismissed. Others retain credibility, noting that such a rising is not impossible, given current understandings of quantum physics, inter-dimensionality and the not-yet nature of the future.

Edited by szentgyorgy
  • Like 1

Buddhists monks are a lot behind the west if you ask me, this girl didnt need to meditate every day and live in a temple to use her Chi to levitate :tu:

A one-legged prop and thin "butt support" are used,

:tu: and to enhance this point

Indian levitation exposed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSivpBHUmE

• Like 2

The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

No not camera trickery, most probable has to be a walkway....here it is again by Criss

[media=]

[/media]

Now the public assume, that he does this in FRONT of the general public, but its paid stooges of course

except where he does card tricks and general magician stuff, thats 'out on the streets for real', as it needs no props

I mean, dontcha think if you were in that pool, you wouldn't be slapping the water behind him to feel for a platform? But no-one does, do they?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Dynamos variation of the Bus levitation, tho same principle and clever editing so you dont see the trick

Budhist Monks? pft. Get real! Its just trickery :tu:

• Like 1