Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon Structures? As seen from Earth.

Gridkeeper

Moon Structures?A closer and more detailed look at the clavius/copernicus areas of the moon as seen from earth with a space craft at the end of the video. Another note to Nasa; must do better!

I see craters, craters, and more craters. Nothing looks "artificial".

WTF is that random blue thing near the end?

Edited by Moonie2012

Its an oil tanker?

Is it on the moon? In the sky? Under a microscope? I'm confused. This video sucks.

Edited by Moonie2012

First of all, "as seen from Earth" is obviously wrong. I realize that without even pressing play.

According to you Gridkeeper, this video depicts what exactly?

Whatever your imagination paints. Stretching my head and over-rolling (aka. eyes out of the sockets) I see bananas and raspberries... errr... and many stars, afterwards.

I see craters, craters, and more craters. Nothing looks "artificial".

WTF is that random blue thing near the end?

It's a space craft as written in the video description i posted at the start of the thread. It's in space and was filmed with the same 12" meade telescope which was used to film the moon.

According to you Gridkeeper, this video depicts what exactly?

It depicts parts of the moon which have never been seen this close from earth before.

At the end of the video is a large space craft.

It depicts parts of the moon which have never been seen this close from earth before.

At the end of the video is a large space craft.

What makes you think that is a large space craft at the end?

First of all, "as seen from Earth" is obviously wrong. I realize that without even pressing play.

Why? Because you've never seen images taken from earth that show the moon this close before? I believe your realizations to be obviously wrong, cheers.

Here's some more of the moon filmed from earth:

What makes you think that is a large space craft at the end?

It's in space and it doesn't look like a planet.

Ok, maybe I was wrong. It just reminded me of a video I've seen recently. Could you display which telescopes were used and the dates, locations of the observations? Sources for each segment would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Yes, so those two things make it a spacecraft. :rolleyes:

There's no way to tell size, distance, time or location of whatever it is from the video, so that makes identification a little tough. Could be anything from a cloud to a star cluster.

Edited by Moonie2012

Ok, maybe I was wrong. It just reminded me of a video I've seen recently. Could you display which telescopes were used and the dates, locations of the observations? Sources for each segment would be appreciated.

Cool, I have some of the info but not all of it. The moon footage was filmed last year but has only just been shown now. The telescope used was a meade LX90 12" but without using the lens. Also a sony CCD camcorder was used with also the lens removed from the front of the cam so the CCD is directly imaging from the mirror with a tube placed between the cam and the scope. The sony cam is a DCR-HC model.

So it's a spaceship :)

Not debris, some kind of anomaly, an artifact, a trick of the light, something in our atmosphere e.t.c , no, it's definitely a spaceship :wacko:

That's like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a ufo because it doesn't look like a fish :rolleyes:

So it's a spaceship :)

Not debris, some kind of anomaly, an artifact, a trick of the light, something in our atmosphere e.t.c , no, it's definitely a spaceship :wacko:

That's like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a ufo because it doesn't look like a fish :rolleyes:

Space debris would be too small to film. NOt an artifact. Not a trick of the light as it's always there. No, not in our atmosphere either.

It's not at all like spotting something floating in the sea and saying it must be a UFO because it does not look like a fish, that would be ridiculous.

Here's another example:

There are more if you really need to see them.

The ISS perhaps? A satellite? Space garbage? Whatever it is has a double image so your setup is not immune to light artifacts.

Edited by Moonie2012

Cool, I have some of the info but not all of it. The moon footage was filmed last year but has only just been shown now. The telescope used was a meade LX90 12" but without using the lens. Also a sony CCD camcorder was used with also the lens removed from the front of the cam so the CCD is directly imaging from the mirror with a tube placed between the cam and the scope. The sony cam is a DCR-HC model.

Can you get the model number of the camera used? All the lower end DCR models that I can find do not have removeable lenses, so the scope would need an eye piece otherwise he/she would never obtain focus, that means you can't rule out light/dust/ or any other problem of that ilk.

One thing I have read on the lower end of these camcorders is that they are notoriously bad and keeping noise out of the image.....which doesn't bode well....

That is quite a zoom you have. It does seem kind of peculiar, I'll give you that. My first thought is that it might be the space station? Hard to tell with the blur though.

Can you get the model number of the camera used? All the lower end DCR models that I can find do not have removeable lenses, so the scope would need an eye piece otherwise he/she would never obtain focus, that means you can't rule out light/dust/ or any other problem of that ilk.

One thing I have read on the lower end of these camcorders is that they are notoriously bad and keeping noise out of the image.....which doesn't bode well....

HI I should have said that you'll also need a screwdriver and a hammer and be VERY careful doing it. No eye piece on the scope, just a tube with tape at each end to attach it to the scope and camera. By the way I didn't film these particular video but i have used the scope which did.

Any half decent camcorder will do the job as long as it's ccd. the only real problem is buying an expensive one and breaking it whilst removing the lens.

This video shows the old 8" scope which i now own which is filming a strange looking Venus, I'm the one holding the video camera and filming the scope.

I made this video to show that stars aren't seen in the background when looking closely at a single point of light in space.

Looking up at the night sky with John and Gridkeeper (Stars and Venus)

This is another space object as seen through the 8" scope

Cam Test - Gridkeeper filming back of 8" telescope March 2008

This was a test done when JLW first got the 12" scope. People didn't believe we were filming the moon so I filmed the back of it whilst he was also filming through it with the cam attached directly to the scope.

Gridkeeper films John Lenard Walson filming the moon feb2008

This is Clavius using the 12" scope with above described method

Close Moon Clavius 2010

Edited by Gridkeeper

and this is Copernicus also with the same technique

Lunar Moon Crater Copernicus Close up 2009

This is one of the "space machines" filmed with the 8" scope. At the begining of the video yuo'll see the whole object and then a close up which is strange looking. For the close up a much longer tube was attached which is why the close up object can only be sen in the centre of the film and the blackness around it is the inside of the tube.

Extreme Close Up View of a Space UFO and one other .

Bravo. You have shown you have 12" scope. You have shown you filmed ISS. (BTW, did you cared to figure out limitations of your bastardized system?)

What your fiddlings have to do with UFO? Where are freaking Moon structures you claimed?!