Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Florida Teen murdered by

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

#1246    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,861 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostOverSword, on 27 February 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Wow.  Amazing that this thread still gets posted on.
This thread will heat back up in a big way in April and possibly in June.  The trial was postponed until June but there is a hearing to possibly dismiss based on the stand your ground statute.  This trial and the fallout from it could be a REALLY big deal before all is said and done - think Rodney King and the LA riots...

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#1247    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostOverSword, on 27 February 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Wow.  Amazing that this thread still gets posted on.

All it takes it's one little troll...

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1248    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Does a history of illegal activities justify his death?

No, but it shows a lot about his character...

#1249    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,861 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 27 February 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

All it takes it's one little troll...
I updated this thread because it is topical and will become even more so in the coming weeks and months.  At 83 pages and over 1200 posts I'd say it deserves refreshing.

#1250    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

View Postand then, on 28 February 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

I updated this thread because it is topical and will become even more so in the coming weeks and months.  At 83 pages and over 1200 posts I'd say it deserves refreshing.

I wasn't referring to you. :)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1251    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,307 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 27 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

I don't think Myles or anyone else is saying Martin deserved to die, but it looks as if, if Zimmerman hadn't shot Martin (probably wasn't trying to kill him, just wanted him to stop) that Martin could have very well killed Zimmerman, or left him in a coma or worse. We'll never know. I just feel that I'd rather Martin died than Zimmerman (if one of them had to die which again we'll never know) because Zimmerman seems way more innocent than Martin, that's my thinking anyway. That's the whole legal justification for self-defense, I believe, is that if someone is in danger of loss of life or limb, it's better the guilty party be stopped, using up to lethal force if necessary. But you guys all know that, right?

Posted Image

#1252    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

It's obvious that George Zimmerman is a white supremacist(of pure Aryan  descent)who shot a five year old African American child simply because he was a minority.  Well, at least that's what NBC news told me.

#1253    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

How many Black males consider themselves Men at age 17? Probably most. Trayvon himself probably would have been insulted by the "Child" references.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1254    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,955 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 27 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Of course not.
It does, however show that George wasn't following a sweet innocent kid.  I'm talking opinions here, not law.

#1255    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,861 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

This isn't going to help the public mood in FLA. just prior to the trial beginning.....http://www.usatoday....target/2080989/

#1256    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,277 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Honestly, what the heck was that cop thinking?  Unbelievable stupidity there.

#1257    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

The only thing the boy was guilty of was "walking while black."    Trayvon was singled out because he was black and wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Art

#1258    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 14 April 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

The only thing the boy was guilty of was "walking while black." Trayvon was singled out because he was black and wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Art
lol, no s....t he was singled out, he was the only one walking

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1259    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,861 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

The only thing the boy was guilty of was "walking while black." Trayvon was singled out because he was black and wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Art
Maybe..... but we don't know that.  And my guess is that with people like this "officer" doing stupid things like this, more people are going to be hurt or killed before Zimmerman's trial is over.  Zimmerman has some things to answer for imo.  But the prosecution has over reached, clearly.  He cannot be reasonably convicted of second degree murder according to the legal eagles I've heard discussing it so what happens when they have to let him walk?  You'll have the MSM and all the usual race baiting media whores chanting "no justice, no peace".  It really has a potential to get quite ugly this summer.

#1260    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,283 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Art
guilty of being a stupid kid with an attitude and apparently a short temper. Not worth killing someone for, but not worth killing Zimmerman either (Which is reportedly what Trayvon was working on when he was shot).

If I saw him (Trayvon) moving around between the buildings (Which is what was reported.) I'd call the cops too. I'd not go confront or follow him, but I can't say that what Z did was wrong when he went out after him, and in trying to determine if he was an actual burgler or not.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users