Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Octopus found at the top of UK Mountain

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

The body of an octopus has been found during a litter pick near the top of England's highest mountain.
Dave Ascough, who leads mountain walks, found the 20cm (8in) cephalopod mollusc 10m (33ft) from the top of Scafell Pike in Cumbria.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...umbria-23144255

Edited by skookum, 03 July 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Posted Image

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,105 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

The illegal tree octopus trade in getting out of hand. These endangered critters are being taken out of their natural habit of the Pacific Northwest and smuggled into other countries for the sick pleasure of the fashion industry.

Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

i found one in my freezer, and i have to say it was very delicious with potatoes and tomato-star anis-sauce....

#4    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Nothing new . Last time up there I came across a dead elephant  . I just walked round it . No problem .

#5    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

I found one in a tin the other day... god knows why it was hiding in there.

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Very likely a bird did take it there, but what is shocking is this:

Volunteers removed 10 bags of rubbish from the mountain during the pick

What is wrong with people? Anyone caught dropping rubbish should be banned from natural spaces, send them back to their ghettos!
There were about 15 teenagers the other day in the park "hanging out', when they left the place was littered with rubbish, this is our next generation, their parents should be frogged marched to the area and made to pick up the rubbish in front of their kids, show an example on how its done for a change.
A little bit of respect for nature is all what is called for, is that really too much to ask in a day and age when humans are polluting everything in their path?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Dr.Cricket

Dr.Cricket

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Why does everyone always overlook the obvious?
Scafell Pike is obviously the site of a transdimensional vortex, the other end of which lies in an oceanic octopus den.

#8    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 July 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

What is wrong with people? Anyone caught dropping rubbish should be banned from natural spaces, send them back to their ghettos!
There were about 15 teenagers the other day in the park "hanging out', when they left the place was littered with rubbish, this is our next generation, their parents should be frogged marched to the area and made to pick up the rubbish in front of their kids, show an example on how its done for a change.
A little bit of respect for nature is all what is called for, is that really too much to ask in a day and age when humans are polluting everything in their path?

Absolutely!

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#9    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostDr.Cricket, on 03 July 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Scafell Pike is obviously the site of a transdimensional vortex, the other end of which lies in an oceanic octopus den.
Why not!  Why should Bermuda have all the fun!

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,971 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 July 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

No, your government should be flogged for making it so that no one cares what they do as long as they get their government check.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#11    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,971 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Or england was recently under the ocean, all the way to the top. :-) : :-)  :-)

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postdanielost, on 03 July 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

No, your government should be flogged for making it so that no one cares what they do as long as they get their government check.
We are not a communist country, so people have to be held accountable too for their actions.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#13    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

He said: "My first reaction was that someone might have carried it up there, but it's quite possible a bird could have brought it up there."
Yes, but what bird would do that?

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#14    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,447 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostRingFenceTheCity, on 03 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Yes, but what bird would do that?
A bird of prey.

Posted Image

#15    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 03 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

A bird of prey.
That's the first thing I thought of too..

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users