Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BEER

trancelikestate

I, like many red blooded men and women, enjoy a good beer. I've even heard that a beer a day is better than wine for your heart. I like to try all sorts of different types from all over the world so I was wondering what you all recommend? Whats your favorite? Personally I've always liked Labatt blue, a pilsner from here in canada, but recently I've discovered the smooth,foamy taste of Guinness and its by far has become my favorite. That said whats your vote for the best beer in the world?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• trancelikestate

• Michelle

• MissMelsWell

Јелен пиво aka DEER BEER!!!

100px-JelenPivoBottle.JPG

This is bear from my country but seriously beer is bad for prostate =P

Јелен пиво aka DEER BEER!!!

100px-JelenPivoBottle.JPG

This is bear from my country but seriously beer is bad for prostate =P

drinking beer in EXCESS can irritate the prostate yes, due to the yeast, but on the flip side I've also read an article recently that stated consuming beer can actually prevent prostate cancer, so drink up!

I'd say anchor steam beer. Steam beer the only truly American beer was brewed in San Francisco during the late 19th century. Because of lack of refrigeration to produce a lager, brewers would use a top floating ale yeast which required no refrigeration for final fermentation, a truly unique, hopped up malty beer, to be drank with gusto!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ( their Celebration Ale kicks serious Ass ) , and actually any of their beers , just make sure to get the Celebration Ale , it is limited to this season :) )

2010_Beer_Celebration.jpg

ALCOHOL CONTENT- 6.8% BY VOLUME BITTERING HOPS- CHINOOKBEGINNING GRAVITY -16.0 PLATOFINISHING HOPS- CASCADE & CENTENNIALENDING GRAVITY- 4.0 PLATODRY HOPPING- CASCADE & CENTENNIALBITTERNESS UNITS- 65MALTS TWO-ROW PALE & ENGLISH CARAMELYEAST TOP-FERMENTING ALE YEAST

2010_Beer_PaleAle.jpg

ALCOHOL CONTENT- 5.6% BY VOLUMEYEAST TOP-FERMENTING ALE YEASTBEGINNING GRAVITY- 13.0 PLATOBITTERING HOPS- MAGNUM & PERLEENDING GRAVITY- 4.0 PLATOFINISHING HOPS- CASCADEBITTERNESS UNITS- 37MALTS- TWO-ROW PALE & CARAMEL

Widmer - Hefeweizen

age_hef.jpg

This is coming from a Guiness fan , and a Home Brewer of 10 Years ( it has been another 10 since I have brewed :) )

2010_Beer_Celebration.jpg

2010_Beer_PaleAle.jpg

omg those look gorgeous yummmm

beer-cask-bottle-hobgoblin.jpg

Real Ale and traditional English mead.

LOL!

I love beer so much! I too have a taste for quality beers from around the world. Here are a few of my favorites. :)

Stella Artois: A beautiful clear beer from Belgium, full bodied larger with lots of taste.

stella_artois.jpg

Löwenbräu: This is the kind of beer you can scull. Perfect with a massive meal of meats and potatos, makes for a great night. You have to drink it out of a big mug, don't know why but it just makes it taste all the better. ;)

Lowenbrau_large.jpg

Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale: Quite a dark beer, it produces one of the creamiest heads I have tasted. Very crisp.

beer_hitachino_JapaneseClassicAle.jpg

Cant say it's one of my favorites but I found Black friar beer interesting. Its a dark Scottish beer, for those who like dark beers. very strong, a real mans beer I'd say. The best part is its got a 7% alcohol content so for those trying to catch a buzz it wont let you down

New+Beer+002.jpg

I love a good beer! Im a Porter, Stout and Amber Boc drinker some of my favorites, but not limited to:

Georgetown Brewing, Seattle Washington:

9LB Porter--it's a coffee porter, spicey, not filling, and delicious!

4355485282_61225babff_m.jpg

Kona Brewing, Pipeline Porter out of Hawaii and bottled in Portland. Another spicy, light bodied Porter with heavy Kona coffee and pepper flavors:

(I don't normally drink fizzy yellow beer, but their Lager is outstanding too!)

pipeline-porter.jpg

A tasty Nut Brown Ale out of Bozeman Montana, Moose Drool by Skye Brewing:

moose-drool-brown-ale-30898.jpg

There are lots of others I really like too including Elliot Bay brewing's B-Town Brown, pretty much anything by Deschutes Brewing out of Oregon (drinking Jublale from Deschutes RIGHT NOW which is a Winter Ale, Manny's by Georgetown brewing which is a red ale, Arogant b****** by Stone Brewing in California is delicious. Loganitas out of California is outstanding too. there are dozens of others I love that most people have never heard of... one is called Big Al's Smoked Porter... if you've never had a smoked porter, find one and try it... amazing.

I pretty much won't drink any mass produced beer... I tend to drink only local beers, and they can't be fizzy and yellow in MOST cases. LOL. Longboard Lager might be an exception, it's actully a wonderful summer fizzy yellow beer.

Edited by MissMelsWell

I havnt drunk for some years now, but when thinking about my tastiest moments of beer drinking i am always reminded of slush puppy special brew. Its very important you dont put the can in the freezer, but rather empty it into a screwtop container. Dont freeze it completely, a couple of hours'll do if memory serves me correctly. SP is traditionally the street drinkers choice because of its high alcohol volume, but its bitter taste is really complimented by the head refreshing creamy coldness it has when its lightly frozen to a slush.

Edited by xxxSTARxxx

The 48 proof beer: Utopias MMII is packaged in a copper-finished brew kettle designed to look like larger kettles used by brewers.

I have tried this beer and it is AWESOME. You can only drink it a shot glass at a time.

post-97335-0-32690700-1290111217_thumb.j

Edited by Talion

me and my staff are in total agreement when it comes to beer we are all in favor of any canadian beer[ice cold]

ya definitely beats any of those watered down tasting american beers

ya definitely beats any of those watered down tasting american beers

I hope you are only suggesting the 2 Giants.....Coors and Budweiser hmm.gif

I have tried numerous Canadian Beers , my bro-in Law is Canadian , he is all ways having me try different kinds.( well , when I lived near him )....Other than the normal Coors , Bud , ( the other gross ones I won't touch , Keystone , etc.) , I do not think they come close to any micro brews I have had , or the ones posted....( The Canadian Beers )

I hope you are only suggesting the 2 Giants.....Coors and Budweiser hmm.gif

I have tried numerous Canadian Beers , my bro-in Law is Canadian , he is all ways having me try different kinds.( well , when I lived near him )....Other than the normal Coors , Bud , ( the other gross ones I won't touch , Keystone , etc.) , I do not think they come close to any micro brews I have had , or the ones posted....( The Canadian Beers )

I'm open minded, do you have any suggestions for a good american beer?

I'm open minded, do you have any suggestions for a good american beer?

All ready did....Now I feel like I posted it for no reason mad.gif ............................ laugh.gif

My suggestions , on this post link

mmm, I like hard cider better than beer..

But I like a good chocolate brew, some Sam Adams stuff is good too. I really like Totally Naked out of New Glarus. Metropolitan Brewery has some good stuff, though they aren't good neighbors since they don't share with us :(

I like Guinness, but more for cooking than drinking. Makes for dam fine stew and excellent beer brats when mixed with valdalias :)

Some of the best beer I've ever had isn't on the market.. I know a couple of brewers, and they like to share their work at the campouts we have :) One of my faves was this honey beer that wasn't sweet, but it sure got me snookered!

but recently I've discovered the smooth,foamy taste of Guinness and its by far has become my favorite.

Agreed... The absoloute finest, in my opinion. there's nothing quite like it!

The Brewdog brewery near where I live which brews what is said to be the worlds strongest beer, at 41% ABV.

brew_dog_bismarck_01.jpg