Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cricket

jasibaby

well its the same england team for the forth test at trent bridge the team is

m vaughan

m trascothick

a strauss

i bell

k pieterson

f flintoff

g jones

a giles

m hoggard

s jones

s harmison

i think they will beat them this time just hope for some good weather

Edited by jasibaby

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jasibaby

• Wrighty

• AztecInca

• Blackleaf

I don't know much about cricket but I have seen it a couple of times the last one I watched england drew against australia they just couldn't get the last 2 guys out.

Edited by XSAS_Daughter

Did Simon Jones get selected for the world team, if not I think he's fairly unlucky....

England are going well against Australia (again).

England are currently 210-3, but there has been a long rain delay and today's play is due to finish at 6.30pm.

not looking too good for england loosing an early wicket in pieterson for 43 .only hope now is freddy and jones come on england 285 for 5

England run rampant (again) in the Ashes.

England take control

17:52pm 26th August 2005

England made the most of the helpful bowling conditions to strike three times at the head of Australia's first innings at Trent Bridge.

Matthew Hoggard claimed two and Simon Jones one - each from leg before decisions - to leave the Australians 22 for three in reply to the 477 piled up by Michael Vaughan's men.

Opener Matthew Hayden survived when an inside edge saved him from a huge shout for lbw in the 10th over. But it was the briefest of reprieves as the very next delivery swung back in to leave umpire Aleem Dar in no doubt.

Welshman Jones followed up with one which nipped back to Ricky Ponting, who played around the ball, and watched as West Indian Steve Bucknor raised the finger in typical time-freezing style. And Hoggard made it three for two in 11 balls when an off-cutter snuck past the inside edge.

dailymail.co.uk

--------------------------------------

The Australians can no longer deny that England are the best in the world and WILL become No 1 if we win the Ashes, just like our rugby team overtook them to become no1 int he world - and then we won the rugby World Cup against them in the Final.

This time, we're gonna beat them in the Ashes.

First rugby, then cricket - next football! Watch out Brazil.

Edited by Blackleaf

come on you aussies lets hear your views as you know this topic is hear where a you lot or are you crying in to your fosters. tongue.gif

England continuing to go strongly.

Australia were just 99-4 overnight, and now they are on 170-8.

Simon Jones took two wickets from just two balls, so Australia went from 157-4 to 157-6

Two more Australian wickets have fallen since then for just 13 runs, and it isn't looking too good for Australia.

If England don't go 2-1 in this Series with just one more Test to play, I'll be highly suprised.

come on you aussies lets hear your views as you know this topic is hear where a you lot or are you crying in to your fosters. tongue.gif

811201[/snapback]

It's not often that Aussies are quiet, but when their cricket team is getting destroyed by the world's best team then there's nothing to do but be quiet and watch a formidable England bowling attack do it's job.

If England win the Ashes, which we will do, we'll be number 1 in the world.

Well its only taken them 20 years....

812449[/snapback]

But the 20 years prior to 1987, we were the ones who always dominated Australia. We also won the Ashes the one before that in 1981. It's only from about 1989 to 2005 that Australia have dominated England, but now it's started to swing back towards England again.

Australia are all out.

So in the 1st innings, England got 477 and Australia got 218.

That gives England a lead of 259, and should have about 15 minutes or so to start their batting innings before tea at 12.30.

Edited by Blackleaf

In fact, Australia are batting again because they didn't avoid the follow-on.

It's the first time since 1988 that they have failed to avoid the follow-on.

It's the close of today's play, with Australia on 222-4 in the Second Innings. That leaves them just 37 runs behind England but England still need to bat.

Australia need to bat like supermen tomorrow if they are to stop England taking s 2-1 lead in the Series.