Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is that thing?

glorybebe

Not sure if this goes in this section, but if you need to, Mods, please move it.

Very strange object supposedly being exposed once the ice and snow melt from Greenland. Is this a hoax? Check it out:

link

What's your opinion?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• *MoG*

• chrisfreak

• Torgo

Not sure if this goes in this section, but if you need to, Mods, please move it.

Very strange object supposedly being exposed once the ice and snow melt from Greenland. Is this a hoax? Check it out:

link

What's your opinion?

Probably the orange thingy is the sunlight reflection? Im not sure

It looks like an error to me.

Man thats a new one on me,Looked at it twice and still no clue. :huh:

Me, neither. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the thaw will show us.

I found tit on google maps, my gosh it is to sharp in color contrast to be reflection, and you can see a bulge to its south, you can see it is half exposed and half covered, it maybe a prank done by google, look at it real close like, it look like it has rocks mounds on it... it look like a super massive boat... well that or a very bog book. It is almost 50 miles long!

Edited by dest_titor1

wow.. what was that.. ? wierd.

Looking at this image, the short, darker line is very reminiscent of the kind of lines you get on a partially displayed digital image. Very striaght, very angular with a squared off end. Of course, it may be the resolution of Google earth that is causing this, but I tend to believe that its a fault caused during the digital assembling of the photos taken to construct Google Earth.

If you take a look at 'the black thing' you can see overlap lines of the surrounding imaging that are perfectly in line with the edges of 'the black thing'. This points to it being a spot on the composite that has simply been missed in assembly. So no mystery here, just errors in composite photography and the limitations of technology.

Incidentally, it is on all versions of Google Earth, not just the Beta version. Not sure if that is significant.

AJ

Reminds me of the Biogenesis episodes from the X-Files.

It looks to me like a defect in the imaging. It certainly does not look like a man-made OR natural object.

if it was something I think we would have heard about it already. IF it is in fact that big as the author of the video says it is, it would be WAAAAAAAYYY too hard for the rest of the world to ignore :td:

Quality took a hit? Look at Ulvingen Island close up (north pole region, big island just North/West of Greenland).

It hurts my eyes.

Looks like a whole lot of misaligned double image!

Yep some glitching for sure!

old WW2 air landing strip

looks like it thawed out now?

its near the Meteor strike in 97

Oh wooo hooo more youtube footage :rolleyes: ................... I dunno, maybe the refection of the setting sun on the ice?

I was about to say the same thing. It looks like the red area was a picture taken at sunset and they don't have data for the black strip. ITS THE MIDDLE OF GREENLAND, they're not going to spend time and money to obtain high res or even good-at-all imagery there. No one cares. Take a look at antarctica in Google Earth - do you REALLY think there are white lines radiating out from the South pole??