Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Oklahoma abandond hospital webcams

Oxo1

Are there any paranormal investigators on here, who were involved with the haunted Oklahoma abandoned hospital , which had webcams set up to capture paranormal activity back in 2008. Or is there anyone else here who used to watch them to?

I used to watch the webcams back then, and was wondering if any ghosts were caught on camera, I didn't see any myself though. :)

• Like 1

I watched them for a while before my interest in the paranormal died down. I saw a lot of the pictures that people posted depicting ghosts but all I saw was really bad pixalation. I only saw one picture that made me think ghost but I wasn't able to capture it before the video refreshed.

• Like 1

I watched them for a while before my interest in the paranormal died down. I saw a lot of the pictures that people posted depicting ghosts but all I saw was really bad pixalation. I only saw one picture that made me think ghost but I wasn't able to capture it before the video refreshed.

Thanks for your reply, glad to know you watched them to great stuff. :)

I found those webcam pictures quite addictive viewing, I can remember seeing the paranormal investigators in a corridoor one night, that was quite interesting .

Daytime viewing was quite interesting, with the sunlight streaming into the hospital corridors, kind of gave the place a reality check, which made up for for not seeing any ghosts. :unsure2:

Wait till the raccoon makes an appearance.

There was a webcam for the USS Lexington but it doesn't work anymore. Thrn there is the Willard library that has its moments.

• Like 1

Wait till the raccoon makes an appearance.

There was a webcam for the USS Lexington but it doesn't work anymore. Thrn there is the Willard library that has its moments.

Do you mean racoon in the willard library, or hospital? :)

Thanks for steering me in that direction, I didn't know of that webcam I will certainly check that out. :unsure2:

I didn't know there were webcams of any of that. I was part of a small group that got invited to an abandoned hospital once in Central Oklahoma and got to take pictures and talk to the investigators and see briefly their computer room headquarters in the basement where they'd been for over a year. We had to sign a non-disclosure form and everything and they had laser motion sensors in the hall, etc. It as pretty neat.

post-6598-0-90553700-1418699528_thumb.jp

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 1

I didn't know there were webcams of any of that. I was part of a small group that got invited to an abandoned hospital once in Central Oklahoma and got to take pictures and talk to the investigators and see briefly their computer room headquarters in the basement where they'd been for over a year. We had to sign a non-disclosure form and everything and they had laser motion sensors in the hall, etc. It as pretty neat.

Thanks for the picture, :) I seem to remember seeing a piano in one of the webcams, could that have been the piano I wonder. I started watching those webcams in 1990, seems a long time ago now. :)

Because there are ghost investigators there, duh! The same reason you know it's a kitchen, if there's a chef in it!

But seriously, I remember the duded went chasing through a couple of rooms and down the hallways while we were walking around. "Go go go, orb, orb!" they were yelling and stopping in a room, looking at the floor. "Did you guys see that?" they asked, panting. "It just flew in here and melted through the floor!" We shrugged.

It was funny, the guy that reminded me of a professor from a local college (probably was, I can't recall), glasses and receding hairline, said when the other members had gone out, they almost always had things thrown at them or would hear or see something. He'd never been touched or really encountered anything. "Some of us just don't get that luck," he said good naturedly.

I got some good pics including one of an opossum skeleton (I may have deleted it), but I myself never saw or encountered anything while there. So I agree with him.

The pic below is a door to a kid's radiation room, where the put some kids they were doing radiation experiments on. The handle is up high enough on both sides for young children not to be able to reach it to open the door. So the investigators said, I guess it's as likely as anything else.

post-6598-0-56389500-1418896402_thumb.jp

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 1

The pic below is a door to a kid's radiation room, where the put some kids they were doing radiation experiments on. The handle is up high enough on both sides for young children not to be able to reach it to open the door. So the investigators said, I guess it's as likely as anything else.

Looks like a fairly standard knob placement to me. And do hospitals normally do "radiation experiments" on small children?

• Like 1

As I said, this was told to us by the investigators, and it's likely THEY were told that by the property owner or who knows what else, so a salt lick may be required to accept such statements at face value. That said, I obviously cannot vouch for the reasoning of the doorknob placement, but the picture does not do it justice; I'm 6'`" and I am going from memory, but I know it was an inconvenient height for me to reach and turn standing next to it, right at the top of my stomach would be my best estimation. It was most definitely not a normal height placement - but again, I couldn't say why it was placed thusly, from any personal conviction.

However, the US government is very clearly documented as having performed many deadly illegal radiation tests on many of its citizens during WWII. Here is a link that includes further information: http://en.wikipedia....ion_experiments

Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/radiation/

The Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments (ACHRE), was created by President Clinton on January 15, 1994 to investigate and report on the use of human beings as subjects of federally funded research using ionizing radiation. ACHRE constructed a gopher site to provide public electronic access to information about its activities. Created by Executive Order and subject to the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), the Advisory Committee was obligated to provide public access to its activities, processes and papers. The Advisory Committee believed, however, that the nature of the subject it investigated and the human stories that comprise it placed on it a special responsibility to disseminate as broadly as possible the
Edited by Paranormalcy