Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Haunted Collect' lol what a sham

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Haven't seen the show, but i have heard of haunted objects before,though I would never want to own one. Yeah, i could  live with a haunted house,especially it it was one that was built 100 years ago or so and has only had my ancestors and their descendents living there.Though if the activity was nasty wouldn't do so. But how this guy decides the objects are haunted i have no idea.

#17    AZDZ

AZDZ

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I watched all of season 1 with mixed feelings. I decided to give it a few more episodes before I call it total crap. I have S2 episodes piling up on the DVR but cannot seem to bring myself to pull the trigger and watch them. Apparently I should just delete them, eh?

Edited by AZDZ, 26 July 2012 - 09:36 PM.

The Great STS-48 ZIG-ZAG UFO explained by Jim Oberg
Art & UFOs? No Thanks, Only Art shared by psyche101
McMinnville UFO Pictures debunked shared by psyche101

#18    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,321 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostAZDZ, on 26 July 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I watched all of season 1 with mixed feelings. I decided to give it a few more episodes before I call it total crap. I have S2 episodes piling up on the DVR but cannot seem to bring myself to pull the trigger and watch them. Apparently I should just delete them, eh?

Yes, indeed you should. I've found that your first inclination is usually the one to follow. lol :tu:

#19    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

John Zaffis is just exploiting the current paranormal trend for a quick buck and some television exposure. Pure unabashed hokum.

What is the name of that gadget that allows the restless spirits to communicate "word" to the investigators? LoL, pure bull.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#20    AZDZ

AZDZ

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

So. shouldn't this guys basement be crawling with all of the spirits, ghost's and demons attached the those items?

I'd love to see Zak and his team investigate there!

The Great STS-48 ZIG-ZAG UFO explained by Jim Oberg
Art & UFOs? No Thanks, Only Art shared by psyche101
McMinnville UFO Pictures debunked shared by psyche101

#21    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostAZDZ, on 27 August 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

So. shouldn't this guys basement be crawling with all of the spirits, ghost's and demons attached the those items?

I'd love to see Zak and his team investigate there!

LOL! Brilliant idea ... but too bad they are from different networks... darn it!

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#22    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,919 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Some reality TV shows are fake and set up? Who would've known! 🐙

Posted Image

#23    Alisdair.MacDonald

Alisdair.MacDonald

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

View Postdevilmaycare, on 19 July 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

I beg to differ. He is NO sham. Objects can be haunted as if this is news. Generally speaking, the owner figures it out all by himself pretty darn quick. Some keep it, most don't, but it's as real as you and me. If he makes  abuck off the stuff, who gaf really. If it's really haunted I'd put it on ebay I couldn't care less.

Yes, objects 'can' be haunted. That is his angle. He took the line and ran with it.

I think it is an insult to my intelligence for them to pass it off that they always have those kinds of results, and always find something to prove their 'own' research.

I don't mean that as a personal insult to John or his team, more towards the production that goes on with the show. File this one strictly under  entertainment.

Edited by Mider, 29 August 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#24    Danutribe7

Danutribe7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

Agreed mider

#25    Galilei

Galilei

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to." —Judith Thurman

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't know if I'm going off on a limb, but I've often wondered if perhaps he's staged objects. Meaning, he found an object before going to a location and hid it, only to 'discover' it later. He always seems to find neat antiques everywhere he goes, some that the owners didn't even realize were there.

#26    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

That guy just steals their things?
:-P

I like his style.

#27    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostGalilei, on 01 September 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I don't know if I'm going off on a limb, but I've often wondered if perhaps he's staged objects. Meaning, he found an object before going to a location and hid it, only to 'discover' it later. He always seems to find neat antiques everywhere he goes, some that the owners didn't even realize were there.

Funny, I have also thought it abit too coincidental to always find these hidden antiques... that perhaps he brings in these objects with himself and resumes to "discovers" them.

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

If ya want to see cool haunted collections,and be entertained ,rent the old Friday the 13th TV series .Probably more legit too .
Heh

Miss me?

#29    Galilei

Galilei

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to." —Judith Thurman

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 01 September 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Funny, I have also thought it abit too coincidental to always find these hidden antiques... that perhaps he brings in these objects with himself and resumes to "discovers" them.

I could be wrong, of course, but it also struck me as odd when he found objects buried beneath locations. It always seemed as if they were never too deep from the surface. In a recent episode he found an object within a museum. The owner seemed taken back that he had found the object and obviously had never seen it. It seemed so fishy to me that a man who had been passionate about the location and preservation of the place never came across this object..but suddenly John strolls in and finds it in one night? Hmm. The object, according to the owner, would 'not fit' in with the rest of the collection and had no ties, so he gave it up.

I could be wrong, like I said, but I can't help but be suspicious about these types of programs.

#30    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,457 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

I like the show especially the last one in a theater, where that tape of a women was uncovered on a corner time stone.  They got a picture of the ghost going right to it when laid on a table on the stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users