Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WaPo : Sequestration may Kill seals

tapirmusic

sequester-seal-475-356.jpg

The Washington Post would like you to know that poor defenseless aminals are very, very sad that Congress will soon cut $85 billion in federal spending.

That figure may be less than one percent of the $16 trillion still-growing national debt, but LOOK AT THOSE EYES:

8E1ABAF2E8EA4B9393A66119358697D8.jpg

The national debt may currently dwarf U.S. GDP, and the GAO may have recently declared that the nation's fiscal policy is "not sustainable,"

6609863B56D0423DA87EBF47739B9A61.jpg

explaining further that Congress must run a surplus for the next century to keep the debt-to-GDP ratio we have today,

1A5E9A2BA42C4AC5A579DAF62083846A.jpg

But...

1DBFFC7609ED46F8A6D48AB1F38FCDD9.jpg

taken without permission from: http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/21/Washington-Post-on-Sequestration-THINK-OF-THE-SEALS

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

LOL :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: anyone need a tobacco pouch? :whistle::w00t:

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that all of these horrible disastrous things we've been hearing are going to happen add up to way more than $85 billion dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that all of these horrible disastrous things we've been hearing are going to happen add up to way more than $85 billion dollars.

I think the repubs are on the right track here. Let the administration cry wolf and then let the nation see what a yawner the event actually is. I've no doubt Oby will parade crying families and business men in front of a camera talking about how horrible it is but good luck convincing any but the "low info" voters on that. It will only have a significant impact if truly large numbers of people are affected.
  • Like 1

I think the repubs are on the right track here. Let the administration cry wolf and then let the nation see what a yawner the event actually is. I've no doubt Oby will parade crying families and business men in front of a camera talking about how horrible it is but good luck convincing any but the "low info" voters on that. It will only have a significant impact if truly large numbers of people are affected.

And he should have to take the hit since the whole thing was his and Lew's brainchild.

Now, before you lib types get all spitting mad at that statement, give this little ditty by Bob Woodward (you know, that right-wing hack who works for that right-wing rag) a read:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_print.html

What kills me about this is not the cutting of spending...it's the fact they are not cutting spending...they are "reducing spending increases"...let that sink in. They are not cutting 85 billion (or whatever) from the amount they spent last year...they are reducing the planned increases for the next years spending...ridiculous.

This sequestration is nothing but Government by panic.

qt512bd124.jpg

They are trying to scare people into believing that if they take and spend less of OUR money, we will be in bad times...and a whole bunch of folks are gulping the kool-aid down and asking for more...

hr50829b12.gif

• Like 3

It's TWO PERCENT people. Are we really that fragile that we can't absorb a TWO PERCENT reduction in the rate of increase (notice I didn't say cut)?

Just saw a graphic on CBS News with the $3 trillion plus US budget represented by a dollar bill. When they overlaid the amount of the reduction it was a LINE. A freaking line.

• Like 1

The government actually pays to kill sea lions on the Columbia river that are eating salmon at the Bonneville Dam. I wonder if the cut of increases will result in those seals actually SURVIVING? And NOT being killed?

That would be ironic.... :w00t:

http://www.dfw.state...alion/index.asp

I agree that the Sequestration is just a Ghost Story that is being used to spread Fear and Angery the Media and Democrats. And.... it was their idea.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/37623-cartoon-attention-everyone-obama-is-responsible-for-sequestration/

Edited by DieChecker