Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Debunking chemtrails and chemclouds

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,751 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hey, LG, I appreciate the feedback!  Yes, I confess I do sometimes get a little 'snarky', and should perhaps use bold instead of capitals, so point taken.

cheers, and keep up the quest for reality..!

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#32    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

From Sep26, 2012

#33    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,751 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

:td:Do tell, why should I click on a Youtube link and use up my bandwidth and time on a very slow connection when you can't be bothered even explaining what ti is about, let alone giving your considered opinion?

Is this a discussion forum or a 'Links' page?

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#34    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I have no opinion on chemtrails. The link is a historical reference to some declassified information from the 50's. Sorry bandwidth is free here and me links are speedy.

#35    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I flew fighters in the Navy and contrail altitude was always in the weather brief, for obvious reasons.  Anecdotally, I never saw anything occurring at altitude that couldn't be explained by contrail creation.  I have seen fuel dumped from many aircraft, including mine and it quickly dissipates, even at contrail altitudes and I have seen tankers get their baskets knocked off and stream a whole lot of fuel till it was turned off and that "chemtrail" lasted much less than a minute.  Lastly, contrails can last a helluva lot longer than 15 minutes and they can be all kinds of crazy shapes.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#36    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostMerc14, on 12 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

I flew fighters in the Navy and contrail altitude was always in the weather brief, for obvious reasons.  Anecdotally, I never saw anything occurring at altitude that couldn't be explained by contrail creation.  I have seen fuel dumped from many aircraft, including mine and it quickly dissipates, even at contrail altitudes and I have seen tankers get their baskets knocked off and stream a whole lot of fuel till it was turned off and that "chemtrail" lasted much less than a minute.  Lastly, contrails can last a helluva lot longer than 15 minutes and they can be all kinds of crazy shapes.

There you go with your reality again.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#37    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,654 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

So, what exactly is a "chemtrail"?

All jets use fuel, so chemicals are exhausted in the process of flight. So, ANY jet exhaust leaves a "chemtrail"

Or what. Is this some conspiracy to deploy lethal or mind altering chemicals to the US or World populace?

Regardless of what the CIA did in the past, that was WAY in the past, having absolutely NO bearing on the present.

Any EVIDENCE to the contrary would be appreciated; else just random CT speculation as always.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users