Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Having bad experience in Astral travel

astral projection dreaming

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've been experiencing what I believe is Astral Travel, but some of my experiences have not been to good.  I would like to be able to do this more and be able to get myself out of the bad ones.  It usually starts out as a dream, turns into a lucrid dream and then I start astral traveling.  I know what it is because I used to have a friend who told me about astral traveling but I can't control it.  I think I am going to bad places where I feel trapped and can't get out.  In one I just had a person/entity that looked sort of like a nurse grabbed me and I couldn't get free.  It was scary.  Some of them are hard to describe even.  It's like totally being in another world and it feels real.  The ones that I have that are pleasant are very pleasant but the ones that I have that are bad are very bad.  The only thing is even though it seems I can feel things are float through things sometimes I can't always hear anything, is that normal? Any advice I can get would be awesome.

Thanks

#2    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,156 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

I would stop trying force out of body experiences, they may be dangerous. Dreams are some times self warnings,  a nurse grabbs you and  you couldn't get free.?

#3    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I wouldn't say I am forcing it.  It starts out as a regular dream and then I realize I am dreaming, then I start floating.  I would have to say I have had pleasant ones and I am curious to be honest.  I would like to learn how to do this and control it.  In this particular one At first I was dreaming about a ex boyfriend and then I became lucid.  I can't really remember what the dream was about but soon I found myself in some kind of basement and like tunnels it seemed like.  There there were stairs and I saw a woman, she started wagging her finger at me like I was doing something wrong.  I can't remember if I went up or down but I think I went down.  I'm not totally sure if this is what I wanted to do or not.  The next thing i knew this nurse like person had me on a table.  I'm not sure I can describe what was all there.  It seemed otherworldly, maybe even demonic.  I tried to get away from her.  I felt like she was going to do something to me and thats when I forced myself to wake up.

#4    Wolverathe

Wolverathe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

It seems to me like a mental projection rather than an astral projection ...

#5    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

What is a mental projection?

#6    RedNova

RedNova

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Maybe I can help.  I have been trying to astral project for about a month now, and I haven't been successful but I do know quite a bit about the subject because I've read books and talked to people who have experienced it.  One thing that I have come across in trying to do this, is my dreams are becoming more and more clear.  When you astral project (again, this info is not personal experience but has been told to me)  you do not see things that you are exactly accustomed to seeing (like the nurse you saw).

Here is what I suspect you are experiencing; and I think this because I am in the same place as well.  You are very close, but you're in a mental projection/lucid dream state.  For me, there was a series of nights where my dreams had a similar theme to them.  In all of them I was trying to have a lucid dream, basically in each one I was approached by something that I feared (first I was in the ocean and it became shark infested, second was a deranged man chasing me, and third was some Russian that wanted to kill me...I'm not afraid of Russians..Anways--) and at some point I realized I was dreaming.  From there I would make something happen to counter the fear (for the sharks i  made a ship appear, for the man I got into a car, and the Russian guy (if you watch Dexter) was taken care of in the same manner Dexter would handle it).

After escaping the fear and partially entering a lucid dream, the fear itself would overpower whatever I threw at it, wold conquer me, and I would wake up.  I took from this that I had a mental block somewhere, or some kind of fear that was keeping me from astral projecting.  I would see if you can find some pattern as well. Astral projecting can be an amazing experience, but you need to be mentally strong and capable once you get up there.  There are entities who wait for you right as you leave your body; however these are nothing to fear as long as you don't be fear or low vibrations with you as you project.  Low vibration entities are mindless, they're leeches that just want energy.  It only takes the wave of a finger to send them scampering away, but you have to have the mind for it.  Hope this helps!

Edited by RedNova, 16 March 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,711 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Excellent red nova... You pay attention well.

Otkbrat, you are just working through your mind.  Our shadow aspect must be delt with. It's a continual part of us. learning to control our emotions and animal reactions is quit a bit of a learning curve. A meditation practice should accompany your attempts at the journey. The mental benefits are huge. If you have any more problems you are free to pm me or post in the astral projection thread and we can troubleshoot most issues.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think I understand.  Basically, I need to get past my fear and learn how to control things in this lucrid dream/astro event or whatever it is called.  I think I may have done that in the past.  I had another experience a couple of weeks ago also, and by the way usually this doesn't seem to happen to me unless I've been laying around alot or sleeping off and on for awhile.  I can't really just lay down and do it cause i've tried.  In this other one I had In the beginning I was like in this tunnel or basement and its like it tried to trap me in a box that I couldn't escape.  Its hard to explain and I started to wake up but didn't let myself all the way and then when I went back into it, it became more pleasant.  Soon, I was flying into this city like place and I was thinking I would like to see my Dad who is deceased but instead I saw my mom and I hugged her.  I thought that was weird because my mom is still alive.  I asked her where dad was and she said Florida.  I'm not sure what that meant and not long after that I woke up.  When I go into these they seem so real.  They can't just be dreams.  The other thing about my mom is that I've been having this instinct about her for about a month now that I'm scared I'm going to lose her and recently she went into the hospital with Phuemonia and I found out she has a hole in her aorta.  She's like 83 years old so she opted not to have the surgury.  I'm going out to visit her in about a week.  I'm getting very scared I'm going to lose her soon.

#9    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,711 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

:(

I hope she gets better. Spend as much time with her as you can. Every moment is precious.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#10    Bildr

Bildr

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

• “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Wish i could astral travel. Never really seem to be able to get it done.

Posted Image

#11    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I can't seem to really control it but I think I've been doing it every once in awhile since I was a little girl.  I remember once when I was a child and lost a tooth.  I have a memory of the what I thought was the tooth fairy coming.  I think now she was some kind of angel or guide.  I also have this other weird memory of flying through my house and my aunts house and it was like a real memory not a dream thing.  Now I think I was astro projecting when that happened.  Maybe I'm crazy but thats what I think lol.

#12    RedNova

RedNova

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

When I was younger (I just recently recalled this a few days ago) I use to hear my name being called out constantly.  My parents only told me I was thinking too much; however, I am learning that this could have been a close-to-astral projecting experience.  When we are young, our minds are very vulnerable and.. new? Basically, when we are young it is more likely for us to experience astral projection and lucid dreaming.  Because as you grow older you stop paying attention to dreams and "silly thoughts" (as we are told growing up) and block them.. We are all born being able to project and lucid dream easily. But with constant conditioning to not pay attention to dreams and astral projections, we train ourselves out of being able to do this.

This is why astral projection can be so difficult, it's like trying to ride a bike after not riding one for.. 15 years. Except with astral projection it is much more difficult because it's a bit more complex to riding a bike.

Anways, to my point. Your dream about the tooth-fairy, and relating it to an angel or guardian is very possible.  In my dreams, I believe a spiritual guide has been present  many times.  In the dreams I described above there was always someone right next to me, but it was someone I never met before and I was not able to look at them.  However, I was able to "hear" them.  It was a very interesting experience.. But to acknowledge guides and angels you have to train your subconscious mind to be more aware.

I've learned that being more mentally aware during my day such as thinking on my breathing, questioning my state of consciousness (this is something I do to help lucid dream), and  analyzing my surroundings helps this.  It is normal for our brain to ignore stuff. For example, the chair/couch/whatever you are sitting in has not come to mind for some time.  This is because we eventually begin to ignore certain stimuli being sent to our brain.  In other words, we sit in a chair so long that our brain eventually tunes it out.  We do this with many things in life, and the more we practice bringing them back into awareness, the closer we get to experiencing astral projection and lucid dreaming.

P.S.: Sorry for the long posts! I just try to be detailed in hopes that it'll help you with trying to lucid dream or project!

#13    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah I have heard that before that as children we can have more experiences but adults always told us that was just our imagination or whatever.  Maybe its not always their imagination.  Things always seemed more magical and special when I was a kid.  Its like when you become a adult everything becomes more mundane and boring.  This is off the subject a little but one thing I've notice that sometimes happens to me is a like feeling like somebody touched me.  Often it happens when I'm half asleep but occasionally it happens when I'm awake.  In fact, I thought once my husband touched and started caressing my butt but he said he didn't.  He was turned over.  What is that?  A ghost?  An angel?  I've just been wondering about that.

#14    RedNova

RedNova

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Depends on what it really feels like. In highschool I swam competitively and after swim meets I would come home and lie down only to be greeted by weird flinches and a feeling that something was rubbing my stomach.  

It didn't feel exactly like someone touching me because there was no pressure.  It's hard to explain, but I concluded it had to be the feeling of my muscle relaxing. And the affect was so great and happen at the same time that it felt like someone touching me.  Nothing in the astral world can affect the physical world.  So definitely not an angel (to my knowledge)... As far as ghosts go, I've experienced a handful, and one time I felt as if something pushed me. I'm not sure what ghosts are exactly; because I've read many conflicting things about them.

But the "caressing" feeling you explain reminded me of what I felt after my swim meets, just muscle relaxation.

#15    otkbrat

otkbrat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Oh okay.  I had another thought about that though.  Is it possible if I'm in a relaxed state that it was astro but I thought it was physical?

Also tagged with astral projection, dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users