Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Obama to US Military?: Must shoot US Citizens

us miitary obama

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#46    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I would think that martial law and curfews would be the first steps taken by our govt. should anything arise within the US. This happened with Pearl Harbor, and unfortunately many US citizens of japanese ancestry were arrested and placed into detainment camps by the military.

I don't believe we're at the "Wild West" stages yet, however, the probability of NATO/UN forces coming in, is what will more likely happen should the people get out of control. Just my take on it.

Edited by NiteMarcher, 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#47    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 31 January 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

I like everything you said. Just curious though, you said you visited here. Where'd you go and how long were you there? Reason I'm asking is because from just a visit you seem to have made up your mind that you'd own a gun if you lived here while seeming to have no desire about having one back home. Was it something you seen? Just because I live here doesn't mean I want to own a gun. It only means I can own one if I want to.

I visited the "nice" part of Los Angeles for a week. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least about the people of America. I'd actually seriously consider living there if it wasn't for the government in charge of the place. I loved it. I didn't see anything bad or met anyone rude or horrible. Honestly if I could get into US politics later in life and mchansons positive changes I couldn't think of anything better.

The only crime I saw take place would be someone spray painting on a wall in hollywood. I just know the reality as to the fact that most criminals there will be armed.

I'm no gun nut or anything. I don't particularly enjoy the prospect of owning a gun or knowing I've got one locked up in the cabinet in case mine or any other innocents life was threatened. I don't believe anyone should need to live with that in mind but that only exists in a utopian world.

The matter of the fact is, if guns are made illegal. The two groups which will have main access to the guns would be the authorities and the criminals. So that leaves us the civilians, unable to protect ourselves from either if something goes pear shaped.

#48    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostDavid-C, on 31 January 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

The first person in authority that I shoot with my single shot rifle, his automatic becomes my automatic.

That's very well. But imagine a scenario where a large group of civilians are approaching an armed barricade built by the authorities. It would be a massacre. This has happened in other countries. If the US falls into civil war that could very well be replicated.

#49    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Shawn Nelson (The guy who stole the tank), and Waco would be examples of how the government previously answered the question of, "Will we shoot US citizens?".  Heck half of the posts on this forum is how people need to keep their guns to shoot criminals and intruders (Almost certain to be US citizens).  Gun control isn't the issue, the issue is "shoot people to solve problems" mentality Americans have.  (One of my less intelligent friends wanted to bomb Kazakhstan because of the movie "Borat"!)  And I can't count on my hand the number of times people have brought up the second ammendment solution to solving the governments problems.
  So as for Obama ordering the military to be willing to shoot Americans-  He doesn't have to.  Most of them are not adverse to the idea to begin with.

#50    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

I think what's wrong is simply asking if you're willing to shoot a citizen with no further specifics. It's too general and saying yes comes with an array of implications.
The guy in the tank deserved it though.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 31 January 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Posted Image

#51    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostOrder66, on 30 January 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Remember this story?

Homeland security buys 1.4 billion rounds of ammunition:

http://www.americant...ammunition.html

Couple this with Obama's push for gun control and his scaling down of the military, why? Because he wants to turn it the US into a police state. Why do you think he idolizes dictators like Cesar Chavez, Fidel Castro? Why do think he circumvented the constitution with recess appointments, executive orders? Why does he vow to introduce his own immigration bill in spite of the one that is already in Congress? Because he is spiteful of the challenge to his authority. He doesn't believe in a balance of power, he thinks the Constitution is fundamentally flawed and nto as progressive as he is. He has the aspirations of a petty dictator, it's that simple.

Let me guess, you want the Border Patrols and Coast guards to go unarmed? In the smuggling racket or somethin?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#52    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostMichelle, on 30 January 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

No, they arrest people on a daily basis that are breaking the law with illegal guns. The problem is with the court system and they get tired of arresting the same people day after day. I thought we were talking about the police or military trying to take away law abiding citizen's guns. I don't think you would find many that would do it.

Once you have an outlawed gun, and don't turn it in you have ceased, by definition, to be a law abiding citizen. And it is the job of the police to go and get that gun.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#53    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Postand then, on 30 January 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

310 million..... what are they going to do, Q?  Door to door?  And after a couple get shot down at said doors?  If you believe it won't happen you are kidding yourself.  No, they will chip away and set legal precedent and chip away some more before they ever try an outright confiscation.  An armed insurgency would blow up on them within weeks if they tried that stuff!  Living in Greece for awhile you may have forgotten just how much of a pain in the butt Americans can be when they want something.  And it's MUCH WORSE if they think you want to take something from them against their will.

Most of the 300 million guns will be turned in once illegal, just as happened to most private Tommy guns when they were outlawed in the 30s. Not everybody likes looking over his shoulder to see if the law is catching up on him.

about me

#54    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostMichelle, on 31 January 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

Not unless an incident was brought to the public's attention. What are they going to do...get a search warrant for everyone's homes looking for unregistered guns?

No, but keeping it will always have you one foot in jail with the emotional stress and paranoia that it includes. Do you really want that?

about me

#55    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 31 January 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

I live in Australia, I am definitely not in favour of guns here. I've visited the US once and I can definitely say that if I were to live there I'd have a gun as a means of self defence. But should people who use their guns responsibly and practise intruder invasion scenarios and the like lose their right to own a firearm simply because someone else doesn't? Should the child who just simply did their work and was kind and courteous to everyone around them be kept inside as well?

Automatic guns are already outlawed and were so since the 30s of the last century. Whatever is left in private hands either belongs to a reliable dealer, somebody who has a special license (i.e. reliable citizens who are recognized as arms collectors) or guns that were grandfathered under the 1980s amnesty. The only thing you can buy is a semi-automatic unless in the group mentioned above.

about me

#56    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Automatic guns are already outlawed and were so since the 30s of the last century. Whatever is left in private hands either belongs to a reliable dealer, somebody who has a special license (i.e. reliable citizens who are recognized as arms collectors) or guns that were grandfathered under the 1980s amnesty. The only thing you can buy is a semi-automatic unless in the group mentioned above.

Whoops I had semi automatic in before but mind sliautomatic replaced with automatic weapons...

#57    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

If the US will do something like this they would bring in foreigners to take over the authorities and armies. Where those in these are disconnected from the country and are there because they most likely have no other choice. So they will do what they are told or be shot.

#58    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Once you have an outlawed gun, and don't turn it in you have ceased, by definition, to be a law abiding citizen. And it is the job of the police to go and get that gun.

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

No, but keeping it will always have you one foot in jail with the emotional stress and paranoia that it includes. Do you really want that?

There aren't enough jails for people that would keep their guns. As long as you weren't commiting a crime I would be willing to bet the authorities would look the other way.

As for the second question, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Before I got the carry permit I had one in my car for years after I was stalked by my ex husband.

#59    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,618 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

There aren't enough jails for people that would keep their guns. As long as you weren't commiting a crime I would be willing to bet the authorities would look the other way.

As for the second question, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Before I got the carry permit I had one in my car for years after I was stalked by my ex husband.

Both the outlawing of automatic weapons in the 1930s and the total ban on ARs in California show the contrary, most law abiding citizens turned them in and in a very few cases the cops had to go and get them.

about me

#60    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 31 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Both the outlawing of automatic weapons in the 1930s and the total ban on ARs in California show the contrary, most law abiding citizens turned them in and in a very few cases the cops had to go and get them.

There is still no way to know how many kept them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users