Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Simon Parkes Says Aliens Exist

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3461594.html

Like former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer, Simon Parkes is adament Aliens are real. The kicker this time, is that he claims he's fathered a child with one! :w00t:

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,090 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I believe aliens are real but I don't believe he fathered a child with one.  Bet it has put a strain on his marriage with his human wife.

Of course we have aliens working with our government and they are wanting citizenship.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 29,848 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

My first thought was Simon who?

Describing him as a politician is stretching the definition a bit. In fact it is stretching the definition by calling him a city councillor, lovely place though Whitby is, it's no city it's a small town.

No one outside of the 13,000 people that live in Whitby will have ever heard of this guy (and given the general apathy towards politics in the UK I would think a fair portion of that town's population won't have heard of him either).

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#4    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 18 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

My first thought was Simon who?

Describing him as a politician is stretching the definition a bit. In fact it is stretching the definition by calling him a city councillor, lovely place though Whitby is, it's no city it's a small town.

No one outside of the 13,000 people that live in Whitby will have ever heard of this guy (and given the general apathy towards politics in the UK I would think a fair portion of that town's population won't have heard of him either).

I definitely just copy+pasted the headlines from the article..

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#5    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 29,848 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 18 June 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I definitely just copy+pasted the headlines from the article..

No attack intended on you, it was Huffington Post Canada I was having issues with.

That this guy is a local politician is almost totally irrelevant. He has no special knowledge or insight as a result of his position. As a news story it is right up there with Sid Jones the road sweeper believes in aliens.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

My first thought, when I read this was Dale Gribble....
:w00t:

Posted Image

#7    shrooma

shrooma

Ugly bag of mostly water.

• 2,707 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

i've run out of likes again godsdammit!!
have to agree with waspie though, whitby IS a beautiful place, bit of a bugger to get drunk in though, too many hills, and up until 3mns ago, I didn't know it was a hotbed of lunacy!
fathered a child with one eh?
after the suicide of Screaming Lord Such, I thought that the Monster Raving Loony Party had disappeared from politics?
apparently not.

''One is all for religion until one visits a really religious country. Then, one is all for drains, machinery, and a minimum wage.''
-Aldous Huxley-

#8    sam_comm

sam_comm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I found that hard to believe. I don't know much about Simon Parkes but I've read the Huffington Post article. The problem is that psychosis and schizofrenic episodes must be considered first. Too often a claim of Extra Terrestrial encounter can be attributed to mental health issues.

Edited by sam_comm, 18 June 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#9    Cpt.Bonobo

Cpt.Bonobo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

This hardly seems worthy of any sort of media coverage. *facepalms*

#10    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,471 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 18 June 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I found that hard to believe. I don't know much about Simon Parkes but I've read the Huffington Post article. The problem is that psychosis and schizofrenic episodes must be considered first. Too often a claim of Extra Terrestrial encounter can be attributed to mental health issues.

Or the "light version"..... Fantasy prone personality.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

What? Ridiculing a brave politician with the guts to come forward?

And yet people still wonder why the field suffers in credibility.

I noticed this:

But Parkes, who sits on the Whitby town council, makes Hellyer seem positively believable.

Seems I am not the only one who thinks Helleyer is mad as a March Hare.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#12    sam_comm

sam_comm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Having an highly unusual opinion doesn't make someone mad. Helleyer's beliefs is shared by many people around the world. Many people associate Aliens beliefs whith craziness and that's simply not true.

Edited by sam_comm, 19 June 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 19 June 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Having an highly unusual opinion doesn't make someone mad. Helleyer's beliefs is shared by many people around the world. Many people associate Aliens beliefs whith craziness and that's simply not true.

Would you call claiming to be the father of an Alien an "opinion" would you?

Hellyers beliefs are shared by anyone who buys a Brad Sparks or Phillip Coro's books. That is where he pulls the crap from, not the blackhole we suspected I admit, not from "experience". When he "speaks" at UFO conferences he just recites Brad Sparks. And yes, he is mad as a hatter. He states that Pilots and ET's get together and discuss flight manoeuvres, or more recently, Hellyer says 4 types of aliens have been coming here for thousands of years. Even the papers that report him think he is white jacket material.
He even stuffed up Hawking's quote when he speculated about alien intentions too. Fair go, if you think there is something to learn from this regurgitated trash topped with some imagination, please feel free to enlighten me.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 19 June 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#14    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,471 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

I almost feel sorry for the poor guy..... almost.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostDBunker, on 19 June 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I almost feel sorry for the poor guy..... almost.

Nah, he is responsible for the destruction of the RCN, Cdn. Army and RCAF. His "Unification" ideal was all he worried about. The CF-5 buy is another dubious decision he made.

LINK

He made this bed, now he has to lie in it.

Edited by psyche101, 19 June 2013 - 01:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users