Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarot for Skeptics

Awake2Chaos

First and foremost, if you've never read the rules for readings, please take the time to read this post and get familiar with how UM would like it to work:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=253520

That being said, I'd only like to read skeptics in this thread. This is for fun. I'm not here to debate my methods or my skills. I'm here to give the skeptic crowd at UM a shot at having a reading.

Generally speaking, I have found that the cards give information from the present, up to about 2 weeks out. An example:

I did a reading for myself, and the cards told me I'd be hospitalized for illness. I am a very healthy person, and I don't have any chronic illnesses. I forgot about the reading until I came down with a severe case of colitis and had to be hospitalized for a G.I. bleed. This happened about 10 days after I did my reading.

That seems to be the norm. I don't know why this is, it just is.

I can do 3 different readings for you guys:

• Single Card Readings: This is just one card pulled from a shuffled and cut deck.
  • Past, Present, Future: This is self-explanatory.
  • Celtic Cross: This is the most involved of all the spreads; it's a 10 card spread. (see below)

(http://www.learntarot.com/ccross.htm)

You can either ask a specific question, or leave the reading open, it's up to you.

If you mock me, troll me, etc, I'll report you and close the thread. This is not a joke, only serious folks need apply. This is a good exercise for me, and can be a lot of fun for everyone if you act like grown ups and keep the buffoonery to a minimum.

I have 2 children and a husband at home, so it may take me some time to get the readings done, but I will give my best effort to get them done in a timely manner, and if I can not get to them for some reason, I will have the moderation team temporarily close the thread until I can get back to them.

Also, readings are a mute point if you are not honest. The cards are not always positive. So if you are a private person and don't want to discuss personal matters, this thread is not for you.

Okay, who's first?

Edited by Awake2Chaos
  • Like 2

I'll take option #2 for 800 Alex!

spongebob.jpg

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 3

Me, Me, Me!!!

pick_me_kitten.jpeg

Past, Present, Future Reading sound fun

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 2

I'm up for it! I'm still a little iffy on cards readings and accuracy. Insight into my family path would be awesome. Any spread

Edited by mb20122013
  • Like 1

I just love Spongebob!

What spread do you want, dear?

I edited in to my 1st post. Now it's not as funny :cry: Past, Present, Future.
  • Like 1

Id like an open reading, past present future :innocent:

I edited in to my 1st post. Now it's not as funny :cry: Past, Present, Future.

Okay Jesus, this is for you:

Past: Ace of Wands, inverted: This shows a period of delay, or possibly a project that you wanted to do, but couldn't for some reason. This card in the inverted position also generally denotes frustration with the situation not working out the way you wanted it to. It tells me you had an exercise in patience.

Present: The Empress: Some of the key things associated with this card are fertility, motherhood, affection, beauty, and secure relationships. In the upright position, this card is overwhelmingly positive; relationships are stable OR a mother type figure is a good influence just now. A good omen for good health and balance.

Future: Wheel of Fortune, inverted: As you may guess, this card is an indicator of luck, joy, fate, etc. Since it is in the inverted position this tells me that you may have a hardship ahead of you. You may be in a situation where you don't have any influence and just have to ride it out. But hang in there, because the future is fluid. Take it as a warning, and be cautious when getting yourself into situations that have the potential to spiral out of your control.

I pulled 2 Major Arcana cards for you, so this tells me that you do things 'big'. Pace yourself! Don't let the positivity of the moment allow you to let your guard down too far.

• Like 1

I read my self, however I am generally skeptic to other's ability to read, if that hold any baring. Im curious about your cards only reading from the pres to two weeks or so out. I you reading specific time, or just as things occure after a basic reading? As a tarot card reader, when people come to me the basis of their question is " when." Often they want to know About a specific situation, but primarily they want to know when the situation will occure or change.

I have studied different methods of reading time as there are several. But as a skeptical tarot card reader I wouldnt mind a reading.

Me, Me, Me!!!

pick_me_kitten.jpeg

Past, Present, Future Reading sound fun

Okay, lovie, here is yours:

Past: The Chariot, inverted: Since the Chariot is a vehicle, this card talks about movement, both in life and literally, as in travel. Since it is in the inverted position, it tells me that you spent some serious time dealing with a real jerk, or you had a trip planned that didn't happen for you ( I feel it's the former). Thank God this person is in your past, because that is where they belong.

Present: The Hermit: As you probably guessed, the Hermit denotes a period of quite reflection. Perhaps you are trying to recover from hurts you received at the hands of the jerk, or you just felt that at this point in time you needed a break from the hustle and bustle to do some soul-searching and introspection. This is a time for recovery, healing, and learning for you.

Future: Knight of Cups: The suit of cups deal with emotions and relationships, and the Knight tells me that you have a period of affection and friendship coming to you; perhaps it will be welcome after the downtime you're immersed in now. Think a holiday-type feeling....laughter, fun, and possibly even a romantic encounter. This card in the upright position in overtly positive.

The fact that your first two card were Major Arcana tell me that both these periods were heavy in their content; the future was a Minor Arcana, which tells me overall the content will be lighter with less emotion attached. Enjoy!

Okay Jesus, this is for you:

Past: Ace of Wands, inverted: This shows a period of delay, or possibly a project that you wanted to do, but couldn't for some reason. This card in the inverted position also generally denotes frustration with the situation not working out the way you wanted it to. It tells me you had an exercise in patience.

Present: The Empress: Some of the key things associated with this card are fertility, motherhood, affection, beauty, and secure relationships. In the upright position, this card is overwhelmingly positive; relationships are stable OR a mother type figure is a good influence just now. A good omen for good health and balance.

Future: Wheel of Fortune, inverted: As you may guess, this card is an indicator of luck, joy, fate, etc. Since it is in the inverted position this tells me that you may have a hardship ahead of you. You may be in a situation where you don't have any influence and just have to ride it out. But hang in there, because the future is fluid. Take it as a warning, and be cautious when getting yourself into situations that have the potential to spiral out of your control.

I pulled 2 Major Arcana cards for you, so this tells me that you do things 'big'. Pace yourself! Don't let the positivity of the moment allow you to let your guard down too far.

Okay I will say off the bat that it seems very "open" to me. Like these are very easy to incorporate into life events.

That being said I'll mention how these could be accurate. The Past: I do have a project that isn't going nearly as well as I would like it to. (But who doesn't?) I do however, infinite patience... when I want to.

The Present: Relationships are not my forte. However I do like to believe that I am a shining example of a good father (I don't want to toot my own horn but, uh... toot. Toot.), though a bit stern. My mom, that I am normally quite distant with, has been a major help in my life over the last 3 months.

The Future:This is just too open for me, but maybe I'll report back in a couple of weeks & have some interesting insight by then.

2 Major Arcana: Pssh! Go big or go home! I don't play around. :no:

Is there possibly a more precise reading out of the 3 options you offered? (Remember skeptics)

• Like 1

I read my self, however I am generally skeptic to other's ability to read, if that hold any baring. Im curious about your cards only reading from the pres to two weeks or so out. I you reading specific time, or just as things occure after a basic reading? As a tarot card reader, when people come to me the basis of their question is " when." Often they want to know About a specific situation, but primarily they want to know when the situation will occure or change.

I have studied different methods of reading time as there are several. But as a skeptical tarot card reader I wouldnt mind a reading.

As I stated in my post I'm not discussing my methods or skills. I've been doing readings for over two years, and that seems to be the applicable time period consistently that I get from people I do readings for. I find the more involved the spread, the more accurate the reading. Please make sure you have read my opening post in it's entirety and you understand what conditions I am reading under. I am not here to argue my ability.

What type of reading would you like?

Okay I will say off the bat that it seems very "open" to me. Like these are very easy to incorporate into life events.

That being said I'll mention how these could be accurate. The Past: I do have a project that isn't going nearly as well as I would like it to. (But who doesn't?) I do however, infinite patience... when I want to.

The Present: Relationships are not my forte. However I do like to believe that I am a shining example of a good father (I don't want to toot my own horn but, uh... toot. Toot.), though a bit stern. My mom, that I am normally quite distant with, has been a major help in my life over the last 3 months.

The Future:This is just too open for me, but maybe I'll report back in a couple of weeks & have some interesting insight by then.

2 Major Arcana: Pssh! Go big or go home! I don't play around. :no:

Is there possibly a more precise reading out of the 3 options you offered? (Remember skeptics)

The Celtic cross is the most accurate; and remember, unless you ask a specific question, the cards are 'open'. The more specific the question, the more specific the answer.

Hi I'm very much a skeptic and would like option 3, 10 card spread, if possible!

Thanks!

Okay, lovie, here is yours:

Past: The Chariot, inverted: Since the Chariot is a vehicle, this card talks about movement, both in life and literally, as in travel. Since it is in the inverted position, it tells me that you spent some serious time dealing with a real jerk, or you had a trip planned that didn't happen for you ( I feel it's the former). Thank God this person is in your past, because that is where they belong.

Present: The Hermit: As you probably guessed, the Hermit denotes a period of quite reflection. Perhaps you are trying to recover from hurts you received at the hands of the jerk, or you just felt that at this point in time you needed a break from the hustle and bustle to do some soul-searching and introspection. This is a time for recovery, healing, and learning for you.

Future: Knight of Cups: The suit of cups deal with emotions and relationships, and the Knight tells me that you have a period of affection and friendship coming to you; perhaps it will be welcome after the downtime you're immersed in now. Think a holiday-type feeling....laughter, fun, and possibly even a romantic encounter. This card in the upright position in overtly positive.

The fact that your first two card were Major Arcana tell me that both these periods were heavy in their content; the future was a Minor Arcana, which tells me overall the content will be lighter with less emotion attached. Enjoy!

Thank you Awake!

Surprisingly this is very relevant. But as mentioned, it is open - but only single events fit the Past and presently I am and have been for the last 3 years been soul searching, time for myself etc.

• Like 1

The Celtic cross is the most accurate; and remember, unless you ask a specific question, the cards are 'open'. The more specific the question, the more specific the answer.

Okay. I'm going to think of something to specify & then try option 3. After you are done with others of course.
  • Like 1

Once everyone thats posted has had their reading, can I ask another of you?

Since you say a single question is better, can I ask: Will I get the job(Business Analysis to be specific) I have just applied for (and Been interviewed)?

With a Celtic Spread?

Kind Regards :)

• Like 1

I'm in.....~ virtually shuffles the cards....then hands them to you~ :yes:

Id like an open reading, past present future :innocent:

For you, friend:

Past: 7 of Wands: This card is perseverance. This tells me that you have been on a tough path, but sticking to it can pay off if you have the courage to pursue it. Sometimes life gives us challenges that seem like they will never end, but they can be worth the effort. If you follow it through, you can succeed.

Present: 4 of Wands, inverted: Delay. Gah, the light at the end of the tunnel, where is it?!?! Are you dealing with someone who is just not meeting you half-way? This card tells me that this path you are on is really giving you a hard time. Stay focused. Because even though it may seem like things will never pan out, they will. Perseverance, remember? ;)

Future: The Wheel of Fortune: In the upright position, this card shows me that you will have your day of pay off. Creativity will flow and you'll be able to finally accomplish the things that have been nagging you but have been out of reach. It'll be a period where all the hard work and turmoil will seem worth it to you. Overtly positive.

Wands are associated with fire; along with fire is the passion for creativity and inspiration. Stay inspired! Keep your drive to create.

• Like 1

I am most definitely a skeptic - not sure what the difference is but since I love all things Celtic ...

• Like 1

I have decided! I'm gonna ask the big question on everybody's mind (when you can do the reading of course), when is Dumpster Christ gonna meet his Dumpster Magdalene? I would like it Irish style please (the reading, not the Magdalene. I did that once before. Let's not travel down that road again).

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 4

For you, friend:

Past: 7 of Wands: This card is perseverance. This tells me that you have been on a tough path, but sticking to it can pay off if you have the courage to pursue it. Sometimes life gives us challenges that seem like they will never end, but they can be worth the effort. If you follow it through, you can succeed.

Present: 4 of Wands, inverted: Delay. Gah, the light at the end of the tunnel, where is it?!?! Are you dealing with someone who is just not meeting you half-way? This card tells me that this path you are on is really giving you a hard time. Stay focused. Because even though it may seem like things will never pan out, they will. Perseverance, remember? ;)

Future: The Wheel of Fortune: In the upright position, this card shows me that you will have your day of pay off. Creativity will flow and you'll be able to finally accomplish the things that have been nagging you but have been out of reach. It'll be a period where all the hard work and turmoil will seem worth it to you. Overtly positive.

Wands are associated with fire; along with fire is the passion for creativity and inspiration. Stay inspired! Keep your drive to create.

sounds like the story of my life lol :unsure2: . But that could just be me trying to relate with what's being said, which is why im skeptical of tarot cars, people will naturally try to relate with whatever's said. And I guess its fair to point out I consider myself an agnostic, some things I lean spiritual others I lean skeptic, like with readings.

But anyways thanks, that really sounded like a reading of my life :yes:

and for the record your the first person I ever got a reading from lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

I showed up late for the party....

I think I am the longest acting skeptic member on this thread though :)

Celtic Cross please.

Although, I would be very curious to see what you got for my past. ( not that it is not plastered on this site though )

• Like 1