Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Top Hat Man and the Grey Man

WannabeSlenderProxy

When I was really little, maybe 3 or 4, my brother (who was only a year older than me) always talked about seeing a tall shadowy man wearing a suit and a top hat. My brother only saw him for a little while before he grew out of it and then I started seeing the man in the top hat, which is what we call him now, by the way. My oldest brother never saw him; just me and my second oldest brother. Nobody else in our entire family ever saw him.

I haven't seen the man in the top hat since I was little, but I've remembered him and my friends have started seeing him now too. For example, a while back, my friend Andreas attempted suicide--and no, he did not succeed. However, that day he saw the man in the top hat. Neither of us have any clue WHY he saw him. This was maybe six months ago. We reasoned that maybe becuse he had only ever ewatched over my brother and I without harming either of us, and because he had helped my friend in a way during that particularly suicide attempt (yes, there were more; no, I'm not going into it), he was maybe some sort of protector or guardian. But we never knew for sure because we didn't see him for after that, we didn't talk about hima fter that, we never even mentioned him to each other again.

Now, another friend of mine--Shaun--has started having nightmares. In his nightmares which are so surreal/realistic, he sees the man in the top hat. And he does NOT like my friend. At all. My friend has started seeing him everywhere. Sometimes he says he can't even tell if it's a dream or reality. Just a few days ago, the man in the top hat flashed on his computer screen and his computer crashed. When he turned it back on, it asked if he wanted to resume his webpages open, so he clicked Yes. This site was what popped up: http://oharaweb.weebly.com/index.html

I showed the site to my friend who happens to be an expert in all thing paranormal--I kid you not. He showed me a game called LSD Dream Emulator (I'll explain if you haven't heard of it). I showed everything this friend had told me to Shaun, and he pointed me in the direction of a site which had a complete description of this game. It talked about a peculiar character in the game called the Grey Man. If he got too close to you in the game, the screen would flash white and he'd be gone.

I wasn't too sure about their connection--the grey man and the man in the top hat, that is--because when my brother and I saw the man in the top hat, we were so young. Yes, the LSD Dream Emulator game had come out a few years before, but neither of us knew what it was when we saw him. Shaun thinks the man in the top hat is the same man as the grey man. I don't know.

I'm really finding this worrying, and yes, I know this sounds soooo creepypasta-ish, but I'm really not kidding. This is freaky. You guys probably think I'm kidding, probably think this is all a load of bull****, but it's not.

Sorry for the whole wall of text, but I'm just really creeped out about this and my friend adn I have no clue what to do with all this. I mean, I wasn't even expecting for the top hat man to just randomly come back all of a sudden and not haing seen or talked about him for so long; the suicide thing with my friend was unsettlign enough but now Shaun is having nightmares and seeing him in his life, online, everywhere. If anyone could offer some advice or insight into this--if anyone has any clue about all this--I'd really, really appreciate the help.

Sounds like a shadow being if true, a lot of people describe them to be wearing a suit with a hat or a hooded figure.

LSD? the drug right?

No, it stands for Lovely Sweet Dream, I think (in this context, I mean).

Since he showed up the day your friend tried to commit suicide maybe he is the grim reaper.

• Like 1

Yeah like was mentioned it could be shadow men, I cant tell you how many times Iv died in my nightmares and waken up sweating.

Since he showed up the day your friend tried to commit suicide maybe he is the grim reaper.

A grim reaper is often present in my dreams to

the only time ive ever heard of hatman was on this website, and again coincidently, many people here seem to see him. :innocent:

why would a shadow man wear a too hat, its just kind of ridiculous to me personally.

• Like 1

Might help fill in the blanks or at least create some blanks to fill in:

http://www.experienceproject.com/dream-dictionary/Top-Hat-dreams

Top Hat in a Dream | What does it mean when I dream about top hat?

To dream of top hat means your aspirations for wealth. It is also symbolic of male elegance and formality. To dream that the top hat is knocked off your head means a loss in your status of a fear that you will be ******** of your authority.

Maybe your friend is getting messages about his aspirations for wealth or lack thereof? Maybe he's running & afraid of his feminine side (possibly even homosexual?).

Just because your friend's entity wears a tophat doesn't mean it's the same one you, your brother & your other friend encountered. Malignant entities will disguise themselves as something their not to get what they want from their quarry.

Just some things to think about.

• 3 weeks later...

I think general approach would be to understand that there are entities that follow humans for their own reasons. They might be malevolent or benevolent. But it is very hard to discern true allegiance, since humans are easily scared and respond with fear even in benign yet unexplainable situations. Now it is also knows that such apparitions show themselves in times of important decisions or life crisis. So just try to rethink your life and see is there anything bothering you or some unsolved situation that you are concerned with.

But in any case, i wouldn't immediately connect dream you're having with Shaun's dream. Don't get me wrong, but maybe he is trying to get your attention, especially if he has feelings for you. It is very odd that computer upon crashing would remember peculiar internet site, like entities would get some income from advertising. :yes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I was really little, maybe 3 or 4, my brother (who was only a year older than me) always talked about seeing a tall shadowy man wearing a suit and a top hat. My brother only saw him for a little while before he grew out of it and then I started seeing the man in the top hat, which is what we call him now, by the way. My oldest brother never saw him; just me and my second oldest brother. Nobody else in our entire family ever saw him.

I haven't seen the man in the top hat since I was little, but I've remembered him and my friends have started seeing him now too. For example, a while back, my friend Andreas attempted suicide--and no, he did not succeed. However, that day he saw the man in the top hat. Neither of us have any clue WHY he saw him. This was maybe six months ago. We reasoned that maybe becuse he had only ever ewatched over my brother and I without harming either of us, and because he had helped my friend in a way during that particularly suicide attempt (yes, there were more; no, I'm not going into it), he was maybe some sort of protector or guardian. But we never knew for sure because we didn't see him for after that, we didn't talk about hima fter that, we never even mentioned him to each other again.

Now, another friend of mine--Shaun--has started having nightmares. In his nightmares which are so surreal/realistic, he sees the man in the top hat. And he does NOT like my friend. At all. My friend has started seeing him everywhere. Sometimes he says he can't even tell if it's a dream or reality. Just a few days ago, the man in the top hat flashed on his computer screen and his computer crashed. When he turned it back on, it asked if he wanted to resume his webpages open, so he clicked Yes. This site was what popped up: http://oharaweb.weebly.com/index.html

I showed the site to my friend who happens to be an expert in all thing paranormal--I kid you not. He showed me a game called LSD Dream Emulator (I'll explain if you haven't heard of it). I showed everything this friend had told me to Shaun, and he pointed me in the direction of a site which had a complete description of this game. It talked about a peculiar character in the game called the Grey Man. If he got too close to you in the game, the screen would flash white and he'd be gone.

I wasn't too sure about their connection--the grey man and the man in the top hat, that is--because when my brother and I saw the man in the top hat, we were so young. Yes, the LSD Dream Emulator game had come out a few years before, but neither of us knew what it was when we saw him. Shaun thinks the man in the top hat is the same man as the grey man. I don't know.

I'm really finding this worrying, and yes, I know this sounds soooo creepypasta-ish, but I'm really not kidding. This is freaky. You guys probably think I'm kidding, probably think this is all a load of bull****, but it's not.

Sorry for the whole wall of text, but I'm just really creeped out about this and my friend adn I have no clue what to do with all this. I mean, I wasn't even expecting for the top hat man to just randomly come back all of a sudden and not haing seen or talked about him for so long; the suicide thing with my friend was unsettlign enough but now Shaun is having nightmares and seeing him in his life, online, everywhere. If anyone could offer some advice or insight into this--if anyone has any clue about all this--I'd really, really appreciate the help.

Yeah... I dont know if he is EVIL .... He DOES NOT like certain ppl , i have read so many encounters between the hatman and other ppl, i Do have some clues :

HE DOES like to do HIS JUSTICE.... and he THINKS FOR HIS OWn...they are a legion , and who they OBEY i DO NOT KNOW......

THE HAT is IMPORTANT to them, its most likely to be what carries the power of transmutation.....

They usually observe , dont talk, and do not like to be seen.

They apperantly have TIME CONTROL......and they are older than i dont knw..

Cheers!

Edited by TheRedMan

• 2 months later...

When I was little, I used to have dreams of an entity similar to the Grey Man. The entities you have described sound like shadow people. A lot of people believe that shadow people are guardians, although there are different beliefs.

I went to that Web site, saw this:

は灰色の人に会うと痛みに苦しむ大原ウェブへようこそ。アメリカはこのことを知っていないだろうことは....ハッハッハ

Translated it, and got this:

Welcome to the web Ohara meet people who suffer from pain and gray. That the United States would not know this thing .... ha ha ha

It is part of the LSD game correct? Does it have some meaning to you or your friend?

I think your friends might be playing games with you by Connecting this grey man with your top hat man.

There are a lot of strange men in this world, grey man, the men in black, shadow man, bat man and now your top hat man. Hard to keep it straight.

Whatever it is, trust your instinct. Don't let people scare you. Ones personal experience is just that, personal. If this top hat man doesn't give you fear then its ok. But if you feel fear of this guy then try to think what he could represent to you and how it is effecting you.

I think I would feel creeped out of I was going through what you are going through

Edited by Lava_Lady

Oomgggggg!! I've seen a man in a top hat with a suit before too!! When I was little, I would dream about this man a lot, they were nightmares, and I could never see his face, he was dressed all in black

I forgot to mention I saw him by a tree while I was walking to the store at night with my stepsister, I screamed so hard and pointed to him and she couldn't see eny thing but he was there, and I ran home haha I haven't seen him since tho. He didnt speak or moved, he just stood there holding a fancy cane, when I walked back to my puzzled stepsister he was gone.it does seem funny that he had a top hat, but he didnt have a face, it was all black.

Edited by Himawari69

• 2 months later...

just be aware. i seen it in my room before but i ignore anyway. it does give me a creepy stare when i was laying on my bed playing games. but i rarely see it anyways. when you mention his looks. it reminds me of russell lee the writer of STGS. he wear like that for a reason.

I keep reading about this shadow people as much as i hear congress people talk about shadow governements... Are there any pictures or videos depicting this people?

Yeah like was mentioned it could be shadow men, I cant tell you how many times Iv died in my nightmares and waken up sweating.

A grim reaper is often present in my dreams to

Jennifer Lawrence is often in mine.

• 2 months later...

I haven't read the whole thread, but my reply is to the original post. My brother, a pastor and religious man saw this man in a black suit and tophat almost daily the whole last month of his life on his deathbed battling cancer. The tophat guy was kind of short and didn't scare him at all, just said he walks around him all day. That's all we know of this tophat guy. My other two brothers and I lived with him for that last month. I am very aware "spiritually" and one night was awakened and startled by a man in a grey suit. Not afraid, just startled....so I screamed and woke up other family members. Didn't want the to think I was weird, so told them I had a dream a guy in a suit was near my bed. Weird thing was though, this same guy visited my brother about the same time that night, and left him to walk to the back of the house (which is where I was). My brother also had an angel at the foot of his bed for the last week, and the night before he passed said he "sees all the people of heaven". If anyone were to receive glimpses of the other side (Heaven and it's beings), it would be my brother. Very glad to share those experiences with him.

Think the main thing is to be "aware" and open to spiritual things. The "good' spiritual things :)