Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Rubino

Do Masons worship Satan?

In a book written my a Mason named Albert Pike it says, “LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!“

Do Freemasons worship Satan?

"LUCIFER, the Light-bearer" would be a direct reference to the Planet Venus.

I have the book, years back I was interested in joining the Freemasons but didn't due to conflict over religion. They had several copies set aside and one was given to me. I did enjoy reading it. Hardly Satanic. Nice blog post.

The term "light bearer" only makes me think of the term "glory whore"

I think my grandfather would be insulted to know people believe he was a Satanist.

• Like 1

An interesting question. But having known for some time a good friend who was a Mason ( he's dead now ) my take on it is of a "ritualistic gentelmens club" of sorts, engaged mostly in business matters and helping people through charity.

Never sensed any sort of "Satanism" in him.

My pop is a mason, it's not very satanic, they only sacrifice babies every now and again..

• Like 2

if they were .. would they admit it ?

more importantly ... what we see as satan .. could be god in their view

so they worship god ? just a different one .. maybe ?

there's many things and stories around the masons which some of them are creepy

and in most theories they are sworn secrecy .. so if they were i doubt they'd admit anything about their faith

or publicly share it

i just find it annoying that i find some of their symbols on our new money 200 bill where my hero Saladin used to be :D

If you get into the deeper aspects of Masonry (33rd degree), there are rituals of obedience to Egyptian gods, which are related to Satan, and a rejection of the one, true, living God. On the surface, it looks OK, but looks deceive!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think Masons are just bunch of old people who are into mysticism (stemmed from Abrahamic religions) and good cuisine.

If you get into the deeper aspects of Masonry (33rd degree), there are rituals of obedience to Egyptian gods, which NOT are related to Satan, and, in my opinoin a rejection of the one, true, living God. On the surface, it looks OK, but looks deceive!

My pop is a mason, it's not very satanic, they only sacrifice babies every now and again..

I only sacrifice babies when the Old Gods demand it of me. They usually give me holidays, though.

• Like 2

The church has instigated some hatred of masons in Mexico and the result was the rumor that a mason had to kill a priest to become a member.

One needs only think of the Shriner's Hospital and the countless acts of charity to realize that wouldn't be in Satan's agenda (if Satan really existed).

• Like 2

Do Masons worship Satan?

In a book written my a Mason named Albert Pike it says, “LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!“

Do Freemasons worship Satan?

As others have presented Lucifer is a mistranslation and most often a refference to Venus being the last planet to in a sense "defy the sun" Lucifer is a poor translation of Helel ben sahar (which has origins in Caananite mythology which the Hebrews embraced). So do Masons worship Helel ben Sahar or a mistranslated word? Even more aggregious is connecting Satan with Lucifer.

So which is it? Do they worship Satan or Lucifer?

SINcerely,

:devil:

An interesting question. But having known for some time a good friend who was a Mason ( he's dead now ) my take on it is of a "ritualistic gentelmens club" of sorts, engaged mostly in business matters and helping people through charity.

Never sensed any sort of "Satanism" in him.

IF and a big if indeed, IF Masons do not worship Satan or Lucifer, WHY do they embrace the symbolism behind Lucifer? Was it always the case that Masons didn't beleive in such? Or was the mythology banished over time but the starters of the Masons embrace Lucifer? It seems odd to say, "Oh no we do not worship Satan or Lucifer, but we have all this dogma and symbolism of these creatures we do not embrace." It makes no sense to me to embrace symbolism only for it to not mean anything other then a gentlemans club. I'm inclined to believe you are correct in that this is the common thought of Masons. It just seems odd that a gentlemans club would choose Lucifer as symolibm and not buy into any of it instead of being atheistic or not needing such symbols. And I am also inclined to beleive that much like the Helfire Club's of England, the Masons were originally have much darker origins than just to gather and have a good ol time.

SINcerely,

• Like 1

My father is a Mason and the answer to your question is no, Masons do not worship Satan. People have all these misconceptions about Masons it's so funny to hear some of this stuff but I can tell you that you would be thoroughly disappointed. yes they have little rituals like college students but really it is just boyscouts for men and they raise a lot of money for community causes. No i have not seen my father making sacrifices and dancing with a hoodie on worshipping Satan. Too funny.

IF and a big if indeed, IF Masons do not worship Satan or Lucifer, WHY do they embrace the symbolism behind Lucifer? Was it always the case that Masons didn't beleive in such? Or was the mythology banished over time but the starters of the Masons embrace Lucifer? It seems odd to say, "Oh no we do not worship Satan or Lucifer, but we have all this dogma and symbolism of these creatures we do not embrace." It makes no sense to me to embrace symbolism only for it to not mean anything other then a gentlemans club. I'm inclined to believe you are correct in that this is the common thought of Masons. It just seems odd that a gentlemans club would choose Lucifer as symolibm and not buy into any of it instead of being atheistic or not needing such symbols. And I am also inclined to beleive that much like the Helfire Club's of England, the Masons were originally have much darker origins than just to gather and have a good ol time.

SINcerely,

Seraph, I'm inclined to say that human beings need symbolism and ritual whether it involves religion or not. How I see it is most people are materialistic and creatures of habit. We form daily rituals that attach to many things and so it isn't far off to think that little clubs do their own rituals,

Seraph, I'm inclined to say that human beings need symbolism and ritual whether it involves religion or not. How I see it is most people are materialistic and creatures of habit. We form daily rituals that attach to many things and so it isn't far off to think that little clubs do their own rituals,

Then why would they embrace the spirtual symbolism of such entities if they thought such and went about daily routine type rituals? Again for example the Hellfire Club embracing Satan in their club and if the tale is true using their founding members [reserved head as a baphomet, While you are certainly correct and don't dispute many organizations back then up to now participate in rituals etc. without being religious or even politicallymotivated for that matter. However what is odd is that many organizations choose such infernal candidates to embrace early on is all I am saying and it leads to wondering what faounding members really beleived and to what degree.

SINcerely,

Edited by Dying Seraph
  • Like 1

I think my grandfather would be insulted to know people believe he was a Satanist.

Mine too. He's a very devout Christian man.

Do the Masons as a collective worship Satan? I don't think so. To my understanding they aren't really a house of faith, so they don't really worship anyone.

Are there people that worship Satan or are Satanists or however you want to call it, and also happen to be a Mason too? Probably. Again to my understanding there are people of all sorts of different faiths that are also Masons.

SINcerely,

The entry requirements of Freemasonary require a belief that the universe was created by a God.

You start by using Geometry on the books of different faiths and gradually as you progress through the degrees you reach the realisation that all faiths are the worship of the same God (all good and evil gods). Who is God?

'I am' lol

Edited by Mr Right Wing