Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

An apology from a Bush voter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Imaginary Friend

Imaginary Friend

DON'T HIT KIDS! No, Seriously! They have guns now.

• Banned
  • 2,381 posts

• "Because thou has rejected knowledge I also reject thee." Hosea 4:6

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:10 PM

By Doug McIntyre
Host, McIntyre in the Morning
Talk Radio 790 KABC

Thereís nothing harder in public life than admitting youíre wrong. By the way, admitting youíre wrong can be even tougher in private life. If you donít believe me, just ask Bill Clinton or Charlie Sheen. But when you go out on the limb in public, itís out there where everyone can see it, or in my case, hear it.

So, Iím saying today, I was wrong to have voted for George W. Bush. In historic terms, I believe George W. Bush is the worst two-term President in the history of the country. Worse than Grant. I also believe a case can be made that heís the worst President, period.

In 2000, I was a McCain guy. I wasnít sure about the Texas Governor. He had name recognition and a lot of money behind him, but other than that? What? Still, I was sick of all the Clinton shenanigans and the thought of President Gore wasÖ unthinkable. So, GWB became my guy.

For the first few months he was just flubbing along like most new Presidents, no great shakes, but no disasters either. He cut taxes and I like tax cuts.  

Then September 11th happened. September 11th changed everything for me, like it did for so many of you. After September 11th, all the intramural idiocy of American politics stopped being funny. We had been attacked by a vicious and determined enemy and it was time for all of us to row in the same direction.  

And we did for the blink of an eye. I believed the President when he said we were going to hunt down Bin Laden and all those responsible for the 9-11 murders. I believed President Bush when he said we would go after the terrorists and the nations that harbored them. (Cont. @ Link)

Posted Image

"JESUS SAVES... He Passes It To Gretzky... Gretzky Shoots... He Scores!"

#2    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

He still doesn't let the dems off the hook either...

I believe that George W. Bush has taken us down a terrible road. I donít believe the Democrats are offering an alternative.

Tragically, the Democrats have allowed crackpots, leftists and demagogic cowards to snipe from the sidelines while taking no responsibility for anything. In fairness, I donít believe a Democrat president would have gone into Iraq. Unfortunately, I donít know if President Gore would have gone into Afghanistan. And thatís one of the many problems with the Democrats.  

This guy is a bit late though, ever since Bush's rating kept falling, lots of republicans jumped off the band wagon to save their own arses.

So this guy really isn't "out there" but just following a new trend in politics to keep his listeners on his radio station.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#3    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

When GWB won the election the first time, I had this eerie sinking feeling that something bad was going to happen.  Something bad that would happen in the world.  I guess part of me knew it wasn't going to be good somehow for the future.

The Second time he was elected I was dumbfounded. blink.gif

#4    manapa99

manapa99

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

When GWB won the election the first time, I had this eerie sinking feeling that something bad was going to happen.  Something bad that would happen in the world.  I guess part of me knew it wasn't going to be good somehow for the future.

The Second time he was elected I was dumbfounded. blink.gif

i know exactly what you mean...
i thought for sure he would never have gotten elected for the 2nd term man was i surprised...
everyone just kept turning a blind eye to all the stuff he was screwing up... i dunno why though

it seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere.... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.
Albert Einstein

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users