Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When the facts vary according to residence

questionmark

What voters are being told is at stake for abortion and reproductive rights in the U.S. presidential race depends upon where they live.

Republican Mitt Romney’s only television ad on those issues airs in population centers of closely contested states including Virginia, Florida and Ohio. It features a woman at her home computer assuring viewers that the former Massachusetts governor “doesn’t oppose contraception at all,” and “thinks abortions should be an option” in some cases.

The ad’s emphasis differs from Romney’s message as he sought his party’s nomination. During that phase of the campaign, he stressed his opposition to most abortions and bashed President Barack Obama’s health-care law for requiring religious groups to include contraception coverage as part of their medical insurance for employees.

That starker difference between the two candidates is highlighted by a Romney ally and anti-abortion advocacy group, the Susan B. Anthony List. Those commercials play in different regions of Virginia, Florida and Ohio, as well as in some other states.

Read more

Romney says one thing one event and something else the next. So do we know where he stands really. I don't look at the presidency like you do the prize in a box of cracker jacks. I want to know what it is I'm getting.

Romney gives people a choice . We can believe what he says on one day.. or on another day. I think that means he's pro choice ..

• Like 3

Romney gives people a choice . We can believe what he says on one day.. or on another day. I think that means he's pro choice ..

best one this campaign...

• Like 1

Romney says one thing one event and something else the next. So do we know where he stands really. I don't look at the presidency like you do the prize in a box of cracker jacks. I want to know what it is I'm getting.

Were you as concerned about that when Obamacare was moving through Congress - you know, Nancy "we have to pass it to know what's in it" Pelosi.

The idea that anything would change regarding abortion rights and birth control under a Romney administration is laughable and one of the biggest lies being told by the Left in this election. It started with George Stephanapolis' question during the New Hampshire Republican debate and took off from there. But I guess one has to manufacture such things when one can't run on one's record.

Indeed.

His abortion flip-flops, for one, is hysterical.

Will the real Mitt Romney please stand up?

I repeat, will the real Mitt Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here.

[media=]