Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts, demons, or ? (pics attached)

RandomGal

I work at an apartment community and our fitness center & clubhouse is connected to our leasing office. One of our residents (who just happens to be one of those people who go looking for paranormal stuff) told us that there are demons in our building. He said one threw something at his brother and they turn the lights on and off, and during the off lights one time his brother was bitten on his arm. He says he has seen them and spoken to them. He said this is always late at night. He even brought in a recording they took one night where they asked how many of them there were, and I heard a female voice clearly say "nine" (more like whisper). Last night he told us he would go back and take some pictures in our clubhouse which is where most of the activity is, and my manager and I are totally creeped out by this. Of course, it could be nothing, but I swear I see what we all saw...a dark shadow of a man or some being with some sort of black cape. I can also see a distorted face.

I'm posting the pics here to see if anyone else can see it, and maybe to get some opinions or get some light shed on this. This guy wants my manager and I to go to our building with him tomorrow night at midnight to prove it to us so we can see with our own eyes...but I'm too freaked out to go!

club_med_5321.jpg

club_med_6721.jpg

Without a doubt, it definately looks like a black shadow standing. Frankly I wouldn't investigate. If you're uncomfortable, don't do it.

I didn't see any incredibly obvious signs of tampering when toying with it in photoshop. It's from a droid phone, and most photos from these phones can be grainy and icky like that in low light. Wouldn't be that hard to fake, but that doesn't mean it's faked. Well now I'm assuming they gave you this pic, if you took it that's not really your question.

Ok here's what they should do... get a good camera, tell the thing to leave the lights on and....

SHOW ITSELF!!!

No, better not do that... Creepy. I'd go in a heartbeat!

if real i'd say thats pretty creepy. heck, even if its not real i'd still say creepy. I think my curiosity would get the better of me and go to see for myself being that it would be the only way i would probably believe, of course after not being able to come up with anything rational. i can def understand how you would be afraid though.

It looks real. So assuming that it is real, why don't you just get a catholic or christian preacher to go bless the place? Why would you confront it by yourself? It could give you a heart attack or a nervous breakdown, considering this stuff makes you nervous to begin with. Just get a christian preacher or a catholic priest to do some demon/ghost busting.

IMO it looks like its been fakes, not with photoshop but I think thats some1 standing with a black jacket or somthing on.

Also the pictures have been took with a shody camera which would make it harder for us to spot it as a fake.

It isn't a ghost or a demon, it appears to be a person. Just a normal everyday common-or-garden person. Frankly, I suspect you are having you're leg pulled by this chap, did he have prior knowledge of your paranormal beliefs?.

Anyway, rest assured that there is nothing strange here and try not to let yourself be scared of the non-existent supernatural, you are far more at risk, as in this case, from the corporeal people around you who will try to scam or upset you for no better reason than human nature.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

P.s. That 'ghost' looks quite a roly-poly apparition, has she been eating to many ghostly pies?.

Edited by Reverend Clog

Hmm...I find it strange that you can see through the figure within the pictures. While I agree that pictures, especially when taken in dark areas with a low quality cam, can come out very grainy- I'm not quite sure what can explain the transparency (if you can, please enlighten). None of the other objects within the pictures seem to have a transparent quality to them. I can see how the second picture might appear to be a coat stand, but in the first one you can clearly see the white window trim through the blackness of the alleged figure.

Interesting pictures, nonetheless! ^_^

Edited by AgentScully

IMO it looks like its been fakes, not with photoshop but I think thats some1 standing with a black jacket or somthing on.

Also the pictures have been took with a shody camera which would make it harder for us to spot it as a fake.

I very much agree.

The first looks like a coat set up to hang there, and the second looks like a person just standing there with a jacket.

Why are the pics to grainy???

It looks like what is referred to as a Shadow Man. The first one looks transparent but the second one looks solid (possibly because of no light to pass thru it). If you do a search you can find lots of info on Shadow People and there are some interesting and chilling reads out there. However, I'm just not so sure this isn't a case of someone trying to spook the rest of the tenants as I am not convinced that these Shadow People even exist.

I will say that they do look somewhat scary though.

It looks real. So assuming that it is real, why don't you just get a catholic or christian preacher to go bless the place? Why would you confront it by yourself? It could give you a heart attack or a nervous breakdown, considering this stuff makes you nervous to begin with. Just get a christian preacher or a catholic priest to do some demon/ghost busting.

Why not a buddhist monk? Why not a scientologist? Or some pagan worshipper?

Why does everyone jump to the christian preachers for help?

• Like 2

I really appreciate all the insight. As for this person playing a prank on us, I suppose he could be but he just doesn't strike us as that kind of person. Not to mention he even suggested we go with him tonight or any night to see for ourselves because he knows how "unbelievable" things like this are. He did also suggest bringing a priest in to bless the place because he said these are not good entities.

In the second picture, there is no coat stand...there's nothing there, normally. He said he also captured video of a shadow moving, and if I can get him to send it to me I'll see if I'm able to post it on here if anyone's interested in seeing it.

I'm on my way to work now, and yesterday before we left my manager and I came up with a sill idea, but we thought we may get something out of it. We have a game room with a billiards table that's always locked after hours...no one can get into it except for the two of us. Our resident tells us he hears a lot of activity coming from this room in particular, but is not able to enter because it's locked. So I suggested we leave pretzels (the long straight kind) in the shape of a cross on the table to see if they are disturbed. Silly, I know but after this guy telling us all the stories of hearing the billiards balls being thrown about and other noises from there, I figured what the heck! I'll post back here if anything happened to our "pretzels"!

This is what I see

313jbpi.jpg

Also, did you take other pictures, or did you happen to get lucky and just snap two "ghost" pictures?

Edited by shadowofadoubt

And all i see is someone standing against a radiator, being photographed with a really crappy camera, in poor light :tu:

post-49356-019888900 1287148127_thumb.jp

And all i see is someone standing against a radiator, being photographed with a really crappy camera, in poor light :tu:

post-49356-019888900 1287148127_thumb.jp

I'd have to agree. Not very convincing.

From personal experience, there's nothing you can do by hanging out there through the night. Other than scaring yourself...if that's your thing. It would be best to let whatever's there (if there truly is something there) to just do it's thing. If the activity increases, and you gather more evidence, then please post updates. :)

Its hard to tell what it exactly is because the quality of the picture is not too good, I can see what it is though. But I agree what others are saying its looks like a coat or something, could be fake.

Why not a scientologist?

Mar 3:24

(24) And if a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Why does everyone jump to the christian preachers for help?

Because they worship the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, the living God.

Mar 3:24

(24) And if a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Because they worship the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, the living God.

what if they don't leave? bring all the photos u can and show us them tomorrow.

And i'm the alpha and the omega. also the delta and the bravo.

Well my silly pretzel experiment didn't work...they were undisturbed. I didn't expect much from that anyway. As far as more pics, I haven't seen the person who took them, but I will probably see him either Monday or Tuesday. By the way, that isn't a radiator, it's a banister at the top of the stairs that he/it is leaning against. Anyway, I do appreciate all the feedback as even though these pics are creepy, sometimes it's just hard to imagine things like this being real!

Oh, and here's the recording I promised: http://www.esnips.com/web/randomgal I had to upload it to a website because I couldn't figure out how to attach it here. You may need to listen with headphones because it's hard to hear it otherwise. Fast forward to the very end when the guy asks how many of them there are, and you'll hear a female voice whisper "nine". He swears up and down it was not him nor anyone else with him as they were dead quiet in order to listen. He said if he wanted to fake something he would make it more obvious than a barely-there whisper. But I'll let you guys listen and decide for yourselves! Thanks again for the feedback.

i heard what you said to listen for and to me it just sounds like when you move the recorder to stop recording

meh. I wouldnt think too much into it. If this were real the people living there would probably eventually get scared off. If the next people to live there claim similar things THAN maybe you should look more into it.

IMO

the pictures are too poor quality to tell. it would help if there were shots of the room without the 'ghost' too, to draw a comparison.

if you are curious but don't want to go there with this guy, then why not set up a camera and/or tape recorder in that locked room along with the pretzels and see what you get?