Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New book may explain some possession cases

Simbi Laveau

http://shine.yahoo.com/book-club/-brain-on-fire---a-writer-possessed.html

I found this quite interesting . A woman documents her illness,that luckily was diagnosed properly .

The illness,a form of encephalitis ,was only identified in 2007 ,with fewer than 300 cases so far . It does affect females,75% of the time,which I believe is the ratio of male to female possession stats as well .

• Like 1

I have never heard of this disease, it could very well explain most of the possession cases.

I couldn't help thinking 'as usual' when I read in women its often diagnosed as depression.

• Like 1

I have never heard of this disease, it could very well explain most of the possession cases.

I couldn't help thinking 'as usual' when I read in women its often diagnosed as depression.

Well possessions that present like the exorcist ,are actually not that common . They did for this woman,and she would have died if the doctor hadn't done the right test.

Most possessions ,don't lead to death . It depends upon the possession . This doesn't make me think possession doesn't exist ,but she had none of the paranormal incidents ,that go with possession cases.