Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Statue started shaking during meditation

fireworks99

I wanted to share an experience I had recently that changed the way I viewed the world.

I am Canadian, but was in Colorado for school. In class, a strange series of events led me to begin talking to fellow student, and that weekend I went to her house before going out to meet some other friends.

In her apartment in Denver, she had a shrine setup.

The shrine was a table with a bunch of religious statues and pictures on it.. and above the shrine, on the wall, there was a 5 foot cross statue of Shiva. Around the statue, there were pictures and other religious symbols hanging. The whole wall was basically dedicated to religious and inspirational objects and pictures, with the Shiva statue being the centerpiece.

For whatever reason, I was drawn to the shrine, and I immediately sat down and started meditating there.

My classmate saw me sitting in front of her shrine, and came and sat beside me, and started meditating as well.

Jokingly, we both said "Tell us what you know, tell us what you know.." before we bowed our heads and just sat there.

A few moments passed, and my classmate said.. "What's that noise?"

We both looked up and saw the Shiva cross shaking.. Vibrating against the wall.

We were both shocked and didn't know what was going on, of course. So our first reaction was to look around the room and try to figure out what was going on. We could not find any explanation for what was happening (there was no construction going on outside, no pipes in the wall, etc.), and it was weird how nothing around the statue was shaking, even though the wall was covered in pictures and other hanging objects, and the object that was moving was the largest and heaviest one.

We got up and touched the shaking statue and felt a strange energy go through us.

Anyway, at that point, we didn't know what else to do so we both just sat back down and kept meditating there.

After about 10 minutes, the girl I was with said.. "OK, We get the message!"

and then the shaking stopped, almost immediately.

If I had been alone I would probably question if I had imagined it. After the event we looked into any possible thing that we thought of that could have caused this, but could not come to any explanation. The girl said it had never happened before, and it never happened again.. she moved out of that place after the semester ended. That night was very magical and it was one strange event after another.

I just wanted to share this story to let everyone know that there is stuff out there that cannot be explained. Once you experience it, you are changed forever.

I would love to hear any thoughts or possible explanations about this. But mostly, I just wanted to share.

Of course its always the first time poster we get these stories from. Hit and run baby.

The events that happened before and after this occurrence were just as weird. I will not get into them in detail (unless asked), but the result is that I am in awe of how little science can explain. How little we actually know. I feel I am on a quest now and I know there is more out there (that is how/why I found this site). It is all quite mind-blowing. The day after it happened, I was so hungry for answers, I went to both a psychic and a buddhist monk (I was living in Boulder, so that stuff was all around me) to try to get answers. The psychic told me that such events happen all the time, and that it's nothing to be alarmed over, and basically said "welcome to my world." The buddhist monk asked me to not focus on what happened, but rather, how it affects my life and what I can learn from it.

Since the event, I have looked back on my life and realized that I've had some strange things happen that I just thought were normal. I am lucky that my friend was there with me when this happened - we are still in touch and have since become very close (how could you not, after experiencing that together...).

Sounds interesting, I have no experience worshiping, it just makes me feel like I have to ask for it... Meanwhile you get it or work for it... Either or hapen to us, and the whole psychic saying welcome to my world is so true... welcome to the world of UM, especially where it is really weird, like I wonder how many people pray to Shiva? You must know someone from that country? or maybe be? w.e... the fact is more did you know about what that belief in already? or was it just random? But still, that is some creep stuff... Well if you notice anything else other than that you should realy think about exploring yourself spiritually... Well see yeah... EH! :D

• 3 years later...

It's amazing, what become possible when you begin to meditate. I had a life changing experience similar to yours. For several years I was spiritually lost.. I won't get into details, but I did want proof or confirmation on what the truth really is or that there was more to life than what we see with our bare eyes. I had been reading and studying meditation for a few months at the time. Several sources talk about truth coming through sound. So one day I was doing a meditation on listening and maybe 20 25 minutes into it I heard a clicking sound. I listened and for about a minute or so and then couldn't help but do get up and find out what it was. It turned out to be my crucifix. It literally was hitting the wall left to right click click click click. At first I looked up at my ceiling fan (it was off) then aircondition (it was off) felt the walls... they werent shaking. I looked for any logical reason whlie this was going on and couldn't find one. I then put my finger right in the center and stopped it. When I took my finger off it started again immediately so I ran and grabbed a family member-for confirmation, who saw and heard the same thing. EXCEPT I then put my finger on the cross to stop it and it didn't start again. Never has, never did before (obvously). Still hasn't to this day. By the way, this is my room and I meditate in my room all the time. I have tried a number of times to balance the crucifix just the right way so that it could possibley rock back forth again.. I can't do it, it's impossible.. some form of energy did it... This is a blessing.

Since the event, I have looked back on my life and realized that I've had some strange things happen that I just thought were normal. I am lucky that my friend was there with me when this happened - we are still in touch and have since become very close (how could you not, after experiencing that together...).

Welcome to UM.. This is a great place to learn and share..

I've learned this also.. Lessons in spiritual matters have been scattered thoughout my life, even though I've only been spiritualy aware for maybe a year.. I tend to think that if someone isn't spiritually aware, then these lessons or events pass unnoticed or are basically ignored because it doesn't fit in the ego's world..

Edited to add: I don't think seeing is believing for some people.. For some folk (sceptics) it would take an epiphany.

Edited by Professor T

Welcome to UM.. This is a great place to learn and share..

I've learned this also.. Lessons in spiritual matters have been scattered thoughout my life, even though I've only been spiritualy aware for maybe a year.. I tend to think that if someone isn't spiritually aware, then these lessons or events pass unnoticed or are basically ignored because it doesn't fit in the ego's world..

Edited to add: I don't think seeing is believing for some people.. For some folk (sceptics) it would take an epiphany.

I had a really weird experience with a crystal skull called Greeny I think .He's a medium sized crystal skull ,that belongs to Jodi Serota.

I was meditating with Greeny ,and the crystal skull Max.

And they were both on the same table,inches apart .

There was nothing under the table,and we were on the 11 th floor of a building in midtown Manhattan.

The table was a simple folding one .

Greeny kept....vibrating. it was bizarre. Under my hand,every few minutes .

Max did nothing.

I looked under both skulls .Nothing .

Jodi told me Greeny did this on occasion.

It didnt change my feelings on anything . I just found it interesting.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1