Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you believe in?

AbyssWalker

What do you believe in  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is applicable to you?

• 1. I believe there COULD be life out there, but there's no evidence of ET Visitation
    • 2. I believe atleast some UFOs are ET in origin
    • 3. I believe Alien Abductions are real
    • 4. I believe the government has been in contact with Aliens and are hiding it
    • 5. I believe aliens had a helping hand in our evolution (Technology/traits)
    • 6. I believe there have been legit UFO crashes that have been covered up
    • 7. I believe in 2,3 and/or 4
    • 8. Undecided
    • 9. I believe in 2,3,4,6
    • 10. I believe in 2,3,4,5 and 6
  2. 2. How do you classify yourself?

3. 3. Would it make life more interesting if UFOs were proven to be ET in origin?

• Yes
    • No
    • There's enough evidence to say some UFOs are ET, in my opinion, what more proof do we need, and yes.
    • There's enough evidence to say some UFOs are ET, in my opinion, what more proof we need? and no.

I'd appreciate it if people could answer my poll, this is similar to the poll I made a few years ago on UM, but that went under the radar a little bit, and I see a renewed sense of enthusiasm in the ET sub section of the forum recently, this isn't the same poll.

Anyways, I've always been fascinated with both believers and skeptics alike, and based on my observations, a few of them fall in the 'all or nothing' category, the two extremes (black or white), but I'd like to see how many of you are in the middle. I'd appreciate honesty, and objectivity and this is something that would help me further my understanding about the ET phenomenon, be it real or not. I think just the fact that so many people believe in ETH is fascinating in itself,

A lot of us *may* have had sightings that we cannot explain, including myself, (not just limited to ET), I've always wondered what a personal sighting could do to a person, I think it'd be interesting if people could participate in this poll to see just if there's a majority of one kind of 'believers' or 'skeptics', I hate labels myself, but you'll have to play along with what we have for now.

Edited by Crow T. Sharkbot

You need an undecided option for the first question

You need an undecided option for the first question

Fixed it. :)

What about someone who absolutely doesn't believe in the existence of other lifeforms?

What about someone who absolutely doesn't believe in the existence of other lifeforms?

I wish I could add that option, but, option 8 is closest, I guess. I also wish I could have added crop circles to the poll,

Anyways, an overwhelming majority have voted for 1 so far, the same thing happened with my older poll too. The believers don't seem to vote or haven't noticed the thread, some frequent posters haven't voted yet, hope they will, but I can't force anyone. just one vote for 2 and 9 so far.

I think this poll is pretty comprehensive (for my own benefit, if nothing else). I've often observed that a lot of people who believe in ETH with regards to UFOs, also believe in government coverups, abductions, government contact etc, which I find interesting.

"Believe" is an uncomfortable word for the rational minded in the context of confirming something as factual. Belief is more the province of the religious minded or for that aspect of one's life. Science is the matter of knowing or not knowing. Considering what I know, I think extraterrestrial life is a possibility. Belief does not enter into it.

• Like 1

i voted for the first, obviously, since my name is on there.

i can't say if my views would be different if i'd seen something i couldn't explain. i've never had that experience, never sighted anything that wasn't easily explainable.

though if you'd asked me when i was in middle school... i was a complete believer back then. and that was without ever seeing anything, like i said.

AHH RATS!

I somehow voted for option 2 in the first poll and meant to vote for option 1!!

AHH RATS!

I somehow voted for option 2 in the first poll and meant to vote for option 1!!

A Freudian Slip! Just kidding. :tu:

"Believe" is an uncomfortable word for the rational minded in the context of confirming something as factual. Belief is more the province of the religious minded or for that aspect of one's life. Science is the matter of knowing or not knowing. Considering what I know, I think extraterrestrial life is a possibility. Belief does not enter into it.

It's what I thought was best to work with here that's all. A lot of people seem to have looked past the discomfort of the word 'believe', and voted, It doesn't have to mean 'blind belief' is involved, here in the context of this thread at least, their opinion on ET being real or not is based on what they consider evidence or life changing experiences.

I guess I could have used the word 'think' instead of believe, but it didn't come to my mind, but It's too late to edit now. I appreciate all the votes so far, if the word 'believe' is troubling people so much that they can't vote, I understand.

i voted for the first, obviously, since my name is on there.

i can't say if my views would be different if i'd seen something i couldn't explain. i've never had that experience, never sighted anything that wasn't easily explainable.

though if you'd asked me when i was in middle school... i was a complete believer back then. and that was without ever seeing anything, like i said.

I guess I could say the same, back in 2003-04, I was a believer, and my sighting happened around the time my interest in UFOs was at a peak. It's been so long, I don't remember all the details of the sighting, but at the time I couldn't explain it at all.

There was no "experiences" option.

Little things I forgot :) but I could add 3 questions to the poll.

Thanks for voting by the way.