Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

What is in this picture?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31    Mantis914

Mantis914

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

She said nobody was present on the beach so it's my guess that it's the Tatzelwurm or Mongolian Death worm springing out from underground.  The sunset is really nice though.

#32    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostGalilei, on 08 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

If I'm looking at the correct part of the picture, I think that it is perhaps a bird.
Posted Image

Ayrshire has a HUGE variety of bird species. You can see lists of all bird species in
the area here: http://www.ayrshire-birding.org.uk/ If I were to guess at which bird
species it is, I would say a Crane or Spoonbill:
Posted Image

I can't be 100% certain, of course, but it's my best guess as to what we're seeing in the
photo. :)

Edit: Punctuation

Do you realize how hard it would be for multiple people to not spot a bird of that size walking by? I have a pelican that habitats my local swimming hole. He (or she) is quite hard to miss.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#33    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

View PostCamarel, on 09 September 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

I personally don't find pictures of birds that fun :tu:

I do. I take them all the time. They never look like that deformed little thing. Do you take many pictures of birds?

#34    Galilei

Galilei

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

• "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to." —Judith Thurman

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

View Post_Only, on 11 September 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Do you realize how hard it would be for multiple people to not spot a bird of that size walking by? I have a pelican that habitats my local swimming hole. He (or she) is quite hard to miss.

That is true. I live in a swampy area where cranes and similar birds are as abundant as pigeons in large cities. I suppose, considering how many I see every day, they sort of blend into the background at times. I was thinking that perhaps it might have been the case, but I was tugging at my own experiences with large birds. It was my best guess and by no means do I think I'm correct. Just throwing out possible ideas. :tu:

#35    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Looks like someone backflipping in front of the camera. I have a tendancy to do that when I see a camera loaded and ready. But if you say there was no one there, maybe a backflipping photojacking ghost, and he's ruining a perfectly good sunset picture! :yes:

#36    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 3,451 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Looks like an ordinary seagull, in shadow, on a typical consumer digital camera.

#37    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Post_Only, on 11 September 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

I do. I take them all the time. They never look like that deformed little thing. Do you take many pictures of birds?

I don't know much about photography but to me it looks like a picture of a seagull taken from far away against the colour of the sand and no i don't take pictures of birds.

Can you tell me why i'm wrong?  Thanks

#38    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Iknow it's not worth much but...

I know the beach.  Early bells and late afternoon, gulls swoop to pick up the crap left by people etc.  They also sit sunbathing now and again and will leap into flight when the mood takes them or just when you're taking a photo.  They also ain't shy of people and will swoop and grab a sandwich from your hand.  I've seen them swoop and I've also taken a snap of the horizon.  It's a gull.  Don't let it disturb yer sleep.

#39    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

Posted Image

View PostCamarel, on 11 September 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

I don't know much about photography but to me it looks like a picture of a seagull taken from far away against the colour of the sand and no i don't take pictures of birds.

Can you tell me why i'm wrong?  Thanks

I'm not going to do that. You can think what you like.

Instead, here's a picture of a usual sized bird on the beach.

Either it's a bigass bird on the sand, or one flying at a really unnatural awkward way, tilted while flapping its wings (which I haven't seen before), or flapping or holding its wings at uneven levels (which is funny to picture, and also not what they do).

Just doesn't look right. I would guess glare from the Sun, before awkward flying bird, or superbird lounging on the sand.

#40    drpaxton

drpaxton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

How about a segull at roughly this angle?

Posted Image

#41    _Only

_Only

• 6,353 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's just they keep their wings straight when they tilt their body like that, or they would lose balance. A slight bend makes all the difference. And that blob in the picture has more than slight bend. The left wing is facing horizontally and the other is facing down.

Your right picture was more forgiving in the tilts, and your left one straightened it even more.

#42    IamLegend

IamLegend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• "The mind of a child is where the revolution begins" - Immortal Technique

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Looks like a seagul or a girl doing backflips.

#43    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,247 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Aye.. but this beach is in Scotland.  If you're not fast; you're for the broth-pot!

The local birds all know this.  :)

Edited by Eldorado, 12 September 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#44    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostCamarel, on 08 September 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

It's a bird
It's a plane...

:tsu:

#45    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Maybe thats the reason why it went un noticed?
Its a every day occurance on the beach to see a sea gull, that you become blind to it, I dont walk through manchester  city center and go "oooh a pidgeon" every 4 seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users