Jump to content






Photo

I don't know if I'm astral projecting or if I'm just dreaming now

Posted by hybrid33 , 14 April 2012 · 1,261 views

Dave the peacock childhood home Astral projection Hugo
Haven't been able to project since my last entry. I've been so tired falling past aelterd state and sometimes it just wouldn't work at all.

Just came back from a trip. It's 4:30 AM. It was so strange.

First projection
It felt like it took hours to make an exit. I'm in my room and I want to get outside quickly. I see Hugo waiting, I put on his leash. I leave my bedroom and suddenly I'm somewhere else. I'm in my childhood home. I've had literally hundreds of dreams of my childhood home, and this happens a lot. Could this home be my guide, like Dharma'ss jungle?

I get outside of the house and it's weird because now I'm walking towards it as if I was never inside it. I see my mom walked out of the house. Mom? She's not even dead, and I highly doubt she is the type to astral project, especially with her being so Catholic. We just stand there and stare at each other not understanding what's happening. I wake up.

Second projection
Went back under and I was in my childhood house again. I was with a friend and that person was making pasta. I was downstairs preparing something getting ready to go out. We were up to something important.  Everything was ready, it was time to go, we have very little time. My friend helps me jump out my window and I start to dig in the ground outside of my window. I'm looking for a box that I lost here when I was child I think that that's what I need to find.  My mom finds me and tells me to stop digging. I find a way out to make her disappear. I feel like I'm not getting very far so I want to move on. I jump in the air and I start flying I go over my house and over the power cables and lose control a  little bit. Rough landing.

I get across the street and I see my dog Hugo. I tell Hugo to bring me to the guide,  and he does. I'm brought to another strange animal. Looks almost like a strange peacock. He floats down from the air and he is green and blue. He starts speaking and says my name. Yes, my name is Peter. I'm so glad you know my name. Dave, he says his name is Dave. He's an artist suddenly I begin to see that he's not an animal but instead it's all paint. I'm starting to fade already. My body is being crushed and I need to wake myself up. Dave doesn't know what to do, he sees me being crushed. I ask him how do we make our time here longer, he says it happens to him too. I force myself awake. 




Double Post.  :lol:
  • Report
Interesting... before the jungle I always dreamed myself in my childhood home. When I first started experimenting with projecting at will I had one of my strangest projections happen there. I was standing in the middle of the living room in  darkness I could see a little bit of light coming in trough the window, I could sense another presence in the room but I could not see it. I'm sure it was my guide still testing me. It was one of the first times I realized I was actually projecting. I hadn't realized till now but has been a long time since I dreamed myself there.

It maybe a projection, or a dream preparing you for it. Sometimes you will experience the astral plane in dreams, I wouldn't discredit it... they have a very different feeling than regular dreams. It's all about the way it makes you feel, it's imagery that says home to you.  Things in the astral plane often function trough symbolism, the guide may want to provide you with great comfort, make you feel at home. Your guide may be Dave or it may be the person cooking pasta... They may be the same person. lol   It has to speak to you on some level, have a greater meaning. I find the Dave thing especially interesting.


Also another thing that I find interesting is that you see your dog, do you see him as he normally looks???
  • Report
Wow! Thanks so much for the detailed post D! As always, it's so relevant and insightful!

Dharma D, on 15 April 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Interesting... before the jungle I always dreamed myself in my childhood home. When I first started experimenting with projecting at will I had one of my strangest projections happen there. I was standing in the middle of the living room in  darkness I could see a little bit of light coming in trough the window, I could sense another presence in the room but I could not see it. I'm sure it was my guide still testing me. It was one of the first times I realized I was actually projecting. I hadn't realized till now but has been a long time since I dreamed myself there.

I have been dreaming of my childhood home for years, even though I left there when I was 16, I'm 33 now, but perhaps jut have so many memories there. Interesting that you were projecting and seemed to realize it. I have always had sleep paralysis and vibrations, and never knew they were related. I don't think I've felt many presences as you did. You're so lucky!

Dharma D, on 15 April 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

It maybe a projection, or a dream preparing you for it. Sometimes you will experience the astral plane in dreams, I wouldn't discredit it... they have a very different feeling than regular dreams. It's all about the way it makes you feel, it's imagery that says home to you.  Things in the astral plane often function trough symbolism, the guide may want to provide you with great comfort, make you feel at home. Your guide may be Dave or it may be the person cooking pasta... They may be the same person. lol   It has to speak to you on some level, have a greater meaning. I find the Dave thing especially interesting.

It's hard to say, even though I've projected before. There were times where it felt as though I was projecting, because I could will the moment to fly and anything I wanted. It's Dave who seemed to change from animal to painted human, as well as my mom, that threw me off and made it seem like a dream. Now that you have pointed out the comforts of symbolism and imagery, I will think about this on my own time and come back with any findings. I can honestly be so aloof sometimes that it takes other people to point things out to me, such as your next question:

Dharma D, on 15 April 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Also another thing that I find interesting is that you see your dog, do you see him as he normally looks???

Yes I see him just as he normally looks. It was actually Seeker that pointed out that he (Hugo) may be one of my guides. I thought it sounded a bit funny, the idea of an animal, but he had a good point about how they're so in tune and sad how they're overlooked. That's why I try to remember to bring him around with me when I AP (if he's there, as sometimes he's not around) and in this case, asked him to bring me to another guide. He is the most conscious dog I've ever had. He's not like other dogs. Sounds funny, but it's true!   :P  but why do you ask if he looks the way he normally looks? Do you think form would have some significance?

Thanks again Dharma!  :tu:
  • Report

Quote

I have been dreaming of my childhood home for years, even though I left there when I was 16, I'm 33 now, but perhaps jut have so many memories there. Interesting that you were projecting and seemed to realize it. I have always had sleep paralysis and vibrations, and never knew they were related. I don't think I've felt many presences as you did. You're so lucky

Wow... You and me are very a like. I moved out of my child hood home at 16 as well, I dreamed it for years, it stopped maybe in the last year. At first for me the vibrations/paralysis seemed as the same the thing because they came hand in hand. For the most part now I rarely feel vibrations, it's more of a tingly numbness. I begin to feel very light, like I don't have a body then I leave. There is other times when the vibrations are very extreme and fast. Doing it consciously takes work but I believe you are on the right path. I got stuck for a while realizing when I was out of body, like I've told you before. It feels very different, you will know. When that happened to me with my child hood home, I was literally standing THERE. It feels like you are there, which you are but not physically. I don't know how else to explain it. It's actually kinda creepy I wonder who was sleeping there??.... lol

About the spirits I just recently began to understand, I'm still trying. At first I didn't know what to think... because my projections were so real and inside my room I was expecting someone to be standing there when I opened my eyes, it took a while for me to understand it was happening in altered states. A lot of the things you commune with while there are spirits even if they don't appear to be. It took a while for me to understand that I was actually  communicating with tress and stuff. For some reason the trees are very powerful to me not only in altered states but in the waking world as well. When they speak I stop to listen. Even if I don't fully understand the message some part of me does.

Quote

It's hard to say, even though I've projected before. There were times where it felt as though I was projecting, because I could will the moment to fly and anything I wanted. It's Dave who seemed to change from animal to painted human, as well as my mom, that threw me off and made it seem like a dream. Now that you have pointed out the comforts of symbolism and imagery, I will think about this on my own time and come back with any findings. I can honestly be so aloof sometimes that it takes other people to point things out to me, such as your next question:


I think AP is a natural thing, it happens to everyone, being conscious while it's happening that is a totally different thing. You are beginning to gain consciousness in altered states and that is what matters. Keep working at it and it will become a lot more clear what you are experiencing. About other people pointing things out I am also the same lol... sometimes it take a new prospective or just an opinion really... someone who somewhat understands.




Quote

Yes I see him just as he normally looks. It was actually Seeker that pointed out that he (Hugo) may be one of my guides. I thought it sounded a bit funny, the idea of an animal, but he had a good point about how they're so in tune and sad how they're overlooked. That's why I try to remember to bring him around with me when I AP (if he's there, as sometimes he's not around) and in this case, asked him to bring me to another guide. He is the most conscious dog I've ever had. He's not like other dogs. Sounds funny, but it's true!   :P  but why do you ask if he looks the way he normally looks? Do you think form would have some significance?

Yes, Seeker is right Hugo maybe you're guide. Again symbolism, you trust Hugo he provides comfort... perfect fit.

The reason I ask is because a while back I experienced something weird while projecting (in my room, when I first began) there was a creature by my bed it was low to the ground (spider-like) disc shaped and it had 3 very bright eyes and a few smaller ones. I just watched it and watched it, hissed and growled at it but it never left. When I woke from altered state it was my dog that was laying there. It crossed my mind that I may have been seeing my dog, but it was also when I was still dealing with the keeper so there was no telling. Well a few nights ago, I was projecting and as I was leaving my room I saw almost the same thing by the bed, except I couldn't really make out the shape so much this time just the three bright eyes. I seemed to recognize the spirit, it was a bonding I felt while I looked at it. Like we recognized each other and belonged. Without saying a word I asked it to follow, and left the room. After that I went on, I'm not sure if it followed or not, but I think it's my dog.

His name is Rusty. He is and adopted Dog, and the most Thankful dog I have ever met. I have 3 dogs the other two are entitled little brats that don't know a different life (I love them nonetheless) but my Rusty is humble and sweet and very very thankful. The bond I feel with him is more deep than words can describe. When this Dog came into my life he thought a very important life lesson Thankfulness... since then I chose to live thankful every minute and it has changed my life drastically. So I understand what you mean by a more conscious dog, I live with one.


Also about the Thankfulness, it helps a lot in achieving what you are attempting. Seeker once told me extending one's self to others helps leaps and bounds... he couldn't be more right. I honestly believe that to be happy we must see happiness in somebody else. There is one great thing I discovered while looking at grass... When you look at it looks like a carpet that covers the ground just a whole draping over, but if you step in closer you will see each blade of grass is an individual a self on it's own. It's almost meaningless, so small and lost in the crowd but when they come together it is truly a sight to behold. That is what we are as well, but we are too caught up in self, when we learn that the next person is just an extension of self everything changes.
  • Report
I found this in a thread earlier. I thought it also applies to what you are going trough  somehow. Here she is talking abut the exit after sensation, the intent to get out.

Hope it helps.


View PostAnVil, on 13 April 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

It is the vehicle for making projection happen. Without it, you are just meditating/altering your state of consciousness. See, a lot of people do get tied up in the sensations and cues, treating them as stages before they give self permission to move on to the next stage. This is where i see many people get stuck. You have to scrap that way of linear thinking and constant check and analysis. Instead, Put your intention first, know where you are going, know why you want to project, know what your goal is before hand.

Then put your focus into expanding your consciousness out, you do this by sensing through your "minds eye" also known as your 3rd eye/ 6th chakra. These are all key words/terms to look up incase you are unsure or want more info in how to practise using your 3rd eye. By all means if sensations do begin to happen as you progress take it as a good sign, but know that these cues and sensations do not need to be happening for projection to happen. By using the SP method before your conscious mind knows what it is to project, you may be focusing too much on the physical level and body and not enough on your consciousness (which is what projects with an intention set up). You do not need to be in a SP state to project either.


View PostAnVil, on 13 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

A good one is to cover your eyes up with a blindfold or whatever and move your awareness into your minds eye and try to see your immediate surroundings/the room you are in. Practice holding your hand up in front of your face and make it your intention to see your arm, energy/astral arm and so on. If you want to start perceiving the astral level this is one way to start connecting to it. Everything is perceived through the minds eye when you project and dream, so this is about connecting your self awareness in live time, to this level first.


Was it you that told me you don't usually feel vibrations???
  • Report

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Was it you that told me you don't usually feel vibrations???

Don't think it was me, but I thank you! I sure feel vibrations!  There may have been one occasion perhaps that I did not. Mine always go something like this:

Lying in my bed, meditating with eyes closed, thumbs and pointer finger touching (not sure if this does anything).

I focus on the white and red and purple swirls in my eyes. I keep telling myself, I'm gonna project and I also visualize myself standing in the same spot of my room and even imagining walking out of the room, sometimes off to different places. I allow myself to dream a bit, but not too deep where I'll fall asleep.

Sometimes the vibrations start here but I notice they're quite weak at times and not strong enough to exit, so I'll have to give up for the night.

Otherwise, I turn to fall asleep and minutes later I'm awakened by stronger vibrations, and I think "here we go!" and I make my exit.

My vibrations used to be very abrasive. Very rough shaking, like my body was a rocket getting ready for lift off! Even the sounds in my ears were loud as a machine. These days they are not as violent, which is good.

I need to remember whilst in vibrations to channel the energy more and let it build up through my body, I'm usually too quick to make the exit because I'm afraid I might miss my opportunity. Perhaps that's why my visits to the AP are so short!

What's your experience like? : )
  • Report
I rarely feel vibrations but when I do they are very strong like you say, when that happens the exit is like a flash. For me it's usually a numbness and tingling that happens, I'm not sure how to explain it... It moves trough me as if I'm feeling my body slowly detaching. Then I just go. The intent is more what I was referring too, I always tried to figure out how or exactly when I was getting out... then I realized most of the time I was just rising out of my body. My intent was already set on leaving, so I levitated. I didn't learn to control physical aspects for a while, mostly I just felt like smoke... walking  and actually flying came after. It took a while to catch on to the fact that I was already out. I expected something more physical but it doesn't work that way for me. When I tried Seeker's method of rolling out, I would always wake myself because I was concentrating physically too much. Works for some, sadly I'm not one of those.

I'm actually quite use to SP and can break it very easily but sometime ago I kept having SP, every time I would break from it and go back to sleep it would come back. Somehow in my subconscious I told myself I need to get out or else my body is never going to get any rest, and BOOM just like that I was out looking at my body like ... "WTH is wrong with you?!" then I left. lol  I don't usually like looking at my body but that time I had to, I was a little aggravated that I could break from the SP.


So what do you think about the Dog thing?? Is that wacko or what?? lol
  • Report

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I'm actually quite use to SP and can break it very easily but sometime ago I kept having SP, every time I would break from it and go back to sleep it would come back. Somehow in my subconscious I told myself I need to get out or else my body is never going to get any rest, and BOOM just like that I was out looking at my body like ... "WTH is wrong with you?!" then I left. lol  I don't usually like looking at my body but that time I had to, I was a little aggravated that I could break from the SP.

I know what BOOM you're talking about! That's you making verbal affirmations - that's exactly what's helped me be 1. able to see 2. able to walk 3. able to fly!

I don't like looking at my body either! Creeps me out, because I think it's going to wake up and look at me. Weird! Lol

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

So what do you think about the Dog thing?? Is that wacko or what?? lol

You mean what do I think of the dog thing, as in my Dog Hugo being a guide? If so,  I could believe it! I'm not sure if he's an actual guide, but perhaps a helper? He's definitely something!
  • Report

White Crane Feather
Apr 16 2012 02:23 PM
Sounds like some incredible learning is going on here. Wonderful.

You see, once you are out the altered state environment starts to work on you. I beleive the great spirit starts to train us, heal us, give to us. This is happening all the time anyway but for you now that you are aware, it's a conciouse schooling. Like being an active A student instead of a D student.

Keep it up... Everything is important and everything had meaning. ;)
  • Report
I'm so sorry I skipped over a huge part of your post! Especially relating to your own dog! Here is my comments:

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

About the spirits I just recently began to understand, I'm still trying. At first I didn't know what to think... because my projections were so real and inside my room I was expecting someone to be standing there when I opened my eyes, it took a while for me to understand it was happening in altered states. A lot of the things you commune with while there are spirits even if they don't appear to be. It took a while for me to understand that I was actually  communicating with tress and stuff. For some reason the trees are very powerful to me not only in altered states but in the waking world as well. When they speak I stop to listen. Even if I don't fully understand the message some part of me does.
That's super cool. Trees are so majestic. I've always wondered if they had souls. I would feel bad for them, to be stuck in one place all the time. I'm sure there is beauty in this also - yes of course, not having to do anything but stay in one spot, breathe in carbon and breathe out oxygen and just look pretty! Perhaps it's not bad after all.

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Yes, Seeker is right Hugo maybe you're guide. Again symbolism, you trust Hugo he provides comfort... perfect fit.

The reason I ask is because a while back I experienced something weird while projecting (in my room, when I first began) there was a creature by my bed it was low to the ground (spider-like) disc shaped and it had 3 very bright eyes and a few smaller ones. I just watched it and watched it, hissed and growled at it but it never left. When I woke from altered state it was my dog that was laying there. It crossed my mind that I may have been seeing my dog, but it was also when I was still dealing with the keeper so there was no telling. Well a few nights ago, I was projecting and as I was leaving my room I saw almost the same thing by the bed, except I couldn't really make out the shape so much this time just the three bright eyes. I seemed to recognize the spirit, it was a bonding I felt while I looked at it. Like we recognized each other and belonged. Without saying a word I asked it to follow, and left the room. After that I went on, I'm not sure if it followed or not, but I think it's my dog.
Wow, far out! This bit is so interesting. What I'm thinking is that, when we first begin - you know there is some anxieties that we need to overcome. You may have just been perceiving your dog in a negative light = I'm thinking because you were scared and were expecting to see something bad or scary - so you depicted your dog that way? I'm not sure how to explain the most recent occasion though, because surely you would have come far. Perhaps you had some anxiety most recently? The bonding moment is quite interesting and that's why I think it's your dog - you're just not seeing him as you should. It would be interesting if that happens again, for you to make a verbal affirmation: "That's just my dog Rusty!". You think? Perhaps you'll have a *BOOM* moment, and you'll see Rusty just as you should!  :lol:

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

His name is Rusty. He is and adopted Dog, and the most Thankful dog I have ever met. I have 3 dogs the other two are entitled little brats that don't know a different life (I love them nonetheless) but my Rusty is humble and sweet and very very thankful. The bond I feel with him is more deep than words can describe. When this Dog came into my life he thought a very important life lesson Thankfulness... since then I chose to live thankful every minute and it has changed my life drastically. So I understand what you mean by a more conscious dog, I live with one.
I'm glad that you can relate. It's amazing how these little animals who can't even speak - still speak so loudly. It must be awesome that you have him there, always reminding you to give thanks. Sweet!

Dharma D, on 16 April 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Also about the Thankfulness, it helps a lot in achieving what you are attempting. Seeker once told me extending one's self to others helps leaps and bounds... he couldn't be more right. I honestly believe that to be happy we must see happiness in somebody else. There is one great thing I discovered while looking at grass... When you look at it looks like a carpet that covers the ground just a whole draping over, but if you step in closer you will see each blade of grass is an individual a self on it's own. It's almost meaningless, so small and lost in the crowd but when they come together it is truly a sight to behold. That is what we are as well, but we are too caught up in self, when we learn that the next person is just an extension of self everything changes.
I believe in this wholeheartedly. I love helping people where I can, and I give thanks throughout the days. I'm always learning to be even more so though.
  • Report

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Latest Visitors

  • Photo
    White Crane Feather
    12 Dec 2012 - 16:20
  • Photo
    Professor T
    12 Dec 2012 - 06:38
  • Photo
    spartan max2
    10 Dec 2012 - 22:41
  • Photo
    notyalcmas93
    09 Dec 2012 - 21:48
  • Photo
    B Randomly
    09 Dec 2012 - 05:16
  • Photo
    Ever Learning
    09 Dec 2012 - 00:07
  • Photo
    Mikko-kun
    29 Apr 2012 - 15:10
  • Photo
    StarMountainKid
    29 Apr 2012 - 01:18
  • Photo
    Cyclosporin
    25 Apr 2012 - 19:56
  • Photo
    Its Mii
    23 Apr 2012 - 15:33
  • Photo
    sarah_444
    21 Apr 2012 - 22:49
  • Photo
    tay123
    21 Apr 2012 - 18:28
  • Photo
    Flibbertigibbet
    21 Apr 2012 - 15:32
  • Photo
    J-hernandez
    19 Apr 2012 - 01:47
  • Photo
    Eldorado
    18 Apr 2012 - 13:12
  • Photo
    FollowTheLights
    18 Apr 2012 - 12:53
  • Photo
    AkashicPath
    17 Apr 2012 - 22:57
  • Photo
    skylight1
    17 Apr 2012 - 22:19
  • Photo
    IronGhost
    17 Apr 2012 - 21:35
  • Photo
    _Only
    17 Apr 2012 - 18:03
  • Photo
    Martin Thorp
    15 Apr 2012 - 22:34
  • Photo
    ealdwita
    15 Apr 2012 - 16:05
  • Photo
    angelstalkr
    15 Apr 2012 - 13:59