Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Dream

cat dreams

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

I was sitting in some sort of cafe in what seemed to be an impoverished town. There were no walls to the cafe, it had a roof but it was open to the outside. The man behind the counter was talking to another customer and mentioned the name Sylvester, which is my cat's name. Something came over me and I jumped up and ran out of the cafe. I started running down the street in urgency. As I was running I said to myself, whats wrong with you, why are you running down the street like something's wrong, just because someone said Sylvester.. your going crazy. So I slowed down, feeling dumb for reacting the way I had but then I noticed a black and white cat off to my left, down a little dirt path, near some water. The cat was covered in dirt and his hair was much shorter than normal but I knew it was Sylvester. I went over to him and noticed that all four of his paws had been cut off! ;( I wondered who had done this to him and imagined what it must have looked like when it happened. I was incredibly sad for my cat. His stubs were not bleeding but looked like gristle. I picked him up, he was very dirty and carried him like a baby. I realized that my instincts had been correct even though they had seemed unreasonable. I imagined taking him home and washing him up and what it would be like taking care of him with out any feet. It was really sad and an unusual dream for me.

Sylvester is my outside 'still mostly ferrel' cat....

Posted Image

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,922 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yuck!!!  That's a little disturbing SW.

I see why you named him Sylvester
Posted Image

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Dreams can be so weird and disturbing.  Wonder what makes us dream some of the things that we do.  Which some of my dreams I know what they come from but others are a mystery.

#4    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 08 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I was sitting in some sort of cafe in what seemed to be an impoverished town. There were no walls to the cafe, it had a roof but it was open to the outside. The man behind the counter was talking to another customer and mentioned the name Sylvester, which is my cat's name. Something came over me and I jumped up and ran out of the cafe. I started running down the street in urgency. As I was running I said to myself, whats wrong with you, why are you running down the street like something's wrong, just because someone said Sylvester.. your going crazy. So I slowed down, feeling dumb for reacting the way I had but then I noticed a black and white cat off to my left, down a little dirt path, near some water. The cat was covered in dirt and his hair was much shorter than normal but I knew it was Sylvester. I went over to him and noticed that all four of his paws had been cut off! ;( I wondered who had done this to him and imagined what it must have looked like when it happened. I was incredibly sad for my cat. His stubs were not bleeding but looked like gristle. I picked him up, he was very dirty and carried him like a baby. I realized that my instincts had been correct even though they had seemed unreasonable. I imagined taking him home and washing him up and what it would be like taking care of him with out any feet. It was really sad and an unusual dream for me.

its  not  that  hard ...
the  paws  are  your  fear...  immobile cat ,  the  cat  that  can  not  move with out your help ...  dirty= bad behavior or  flawed/sick/unclean history ....  the  water  is  emotions  or  emotional  depths ....

you want to save  your cat ,  and your  cat  is  not  being saved because  it  is  beyond  your  control ...  you want  it  to behave , and feel bad  that you have  to  remove  its  freedom  to  do this .

good  news ,  the  cat is better at surviving than you are .  so  relax,  feed the  cat ,  and  let  it  be a cat .

#5    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,035 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

%20http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q723/seattlelovli1/Mobile%20Uploads/20130215_152647_zpsd546734a.jpg

Your dream is of feeling to critical, cattiness to others in the past, that your trying to feel better about.

Edited by docyabut2, 09 April 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#6    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

:cry:

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#7    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 09 April 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Your dream is of feeling to critical, cattiness to others in the past, that your trying to feel better about.

No I dont think so.. I think its a fear of some kind or the potential of harm, or harm already been done to something I take care of.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#8    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 08 April 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

its  not  that  hard ...
the  paws  are  your  fear...  immobile cat ,  the  cat  that  can  not  move with out your help ...  dirty= bad behavior or  flawed/sick/unclean history ....  the  water  is  emotions  or  emotional  depths ....

you want to save  your cat ,  and your  cat  is  not  being saved because  it  is  beyond  your  control ...  you want  it  to behave , and feel bad  that you have  to  remove  its  freedom  to  do this .

good  news ,  the  cat is better at surviving than you are .  so  relax,  feed the  cat ,  and  let  it  be a cat .

I agree with part.. but not the part about taking away the cats freedom. Its possible the cat represents something else, or a combo of things.

#9    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

#10    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,572 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Posted Image
:(

Our dreams sometimes like to explore possible futures to prepare our reactions to the the things that are close to us. I have dreamt many times about makeing bad mistakes with my children or losing my wife. it's our way of preparing for possible future events and how we will react.

If anything it shows your love for your pet.

Edited by Seeker79, 09 April 2013 - 07:49 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,026 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

The fact that your cat was immobilised, I think has to do with your emotions.  I think you might feel stuck about a decision you need to make or incapable of making a move in the direction you want to take.  There is a sense of urgency, you may feel that an opportunity will be missed or that you will be too late to try something new.  You held your cat like a baby, you need to give this care to yourself and your dreams, let them fly, the world is your oyster - you were in an open cafe, no walls - that speaks of freedom, you are free to follow your dreams.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,035 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 09 April 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

No I dont think so.. I think its a fear of some kind or the potential of harm, or harm already been done to something I take care of.

Maybe not, but I going by Edgar Cayce `s dream book  of which I `ve learn how to figure out all my dreams.Dreams are feelings or suggestions projected into pictures.Sometimes really distorted.Cayce said when you dream of being inside a house or building that means self.
Cats means cattiness. He gave a exsample of a women that dreamed she was sweeping out cats with broom out of her house.He said that was the cleaning out of the cattinness in her life, of which we all feel about ourselves sometimes.Only you can figure out what your feelings were at the time of the dream, or what you were concern about that day to have that dream.

#13    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,986 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Oh wow, I've woken up from dreams that seemed so real that I was crying. If I ever had a dream like yours, about my pets, I'd be hysterical.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#14    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 09 April 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

:(

Our dreams sometimes like to explore possible futures to prepare our reactions to the the things that are close to us. I have dreamt many times about makeing bad mistakes with my children or losing my wife. it's our way of preparing for possible future events and how we will react.

If anything it shows your love for your pet.

oh dear...   this  is  so  much better  than  what  i said....  i  want  this  to  be  what  i  said...

errr...   well  what  i  said  was  good  too...   but  not  as  good  as  that...

#15    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users