Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

English F.A. watch out!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,413 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

As the National Football team in England continues with it's dire run at International level there is a new kid on the block that we can all cheer on... GIBRALTAR FA:

link (Courtesy BBC Sport). http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22657481

Link to Gib.F.A. http://www.gibraltarfa.com/

Edited by keithisco, 14 July 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#2    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 2,933 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

well, if us brits can root for a canadian scot at tennis, then surely we can take the gibraltains under our wing?
let's face it, it can't be any worse than rooting for that shower of s**t we call our national team, can it....?
:-)

"Ffeck uurf, you thaad pastic winker"
-Rik Mayall-

#3    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Great Britain could have 10 teams in UEFA we're still not going to win anything.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#4    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,413 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostWalter White, on 14 July 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Great Britain could have 10 teams in UEFA we're still not going to win anything.

Dont believe that... Gibraltar is motivated, and not by greed - Hey! They beat England C Team, Knotts County, Portsmouth, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein,  any one of whom could have probably beaten the England Squad :w00t:

Got to get the Away Shirt to wear in Benidorm  :unsure2:

Edited by keithisco, 14 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#5    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, that doesn't make me better at all.

This England team is dire, whose non-existent achievements are all the more embarrassing when compared to our achievements at other sports.

The idea of Gibraltar beating England (improbable but not impossible) and causing further misery is not something I want to consider. :)

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#6    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,413 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostWalter White, on 15 July 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Thanks, that doesn't make me better at all.

This England team is dire, whose non-existent achievements are all the more embarrassing when compared to our achievements at other sports.

The idea of Gibraltar beating England (improbable but not impossible) and causing further misery is not something I want to consider. :)

I hear you... British Lions, England Cricket, Tour de France, Olympians, have all made us proud (for once)  but Football? The highest paid footballers in the world seem always capable of "Snatching defeat from the Jaws of Victory"... bunch of Prima Donnas in my view.

Have ordered my Gibraltar Away Team shirt, something that I can be proud of...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users