Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Claim To Fame

acute

Post your 'claim to fame'.

Living across the road from Cher's dog beautician - That kind of thing.

Truthful claims only please.

I'll start.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acute

• sarah_444

• ouija ouija

• orangepeaceful79

Oh no! Had he lost your address? That's so sad ...... I'm picturing you there with the cucumber sarnies curling up at the edges and the milk going sour in your best bone china cups, as his holiness whizzes past in his pope-mobile :(

(Can't think of a claim to fame at the moment)

Oh no! Had he lost your address? That's so sad ...... I'm picturing you there with the cucumber sarnies curling up at the edges and the milk going sour in your best bone china cups, as his holiness whizzes past in his pope-mobile :(

My claim to fame is that I'm married to a man who is first cousins to a movie star. She starred in movies with Shirley Temple.

Well, my country is so very small, so it’s hard not to be related or connected somehow to at least someone who’s local somebody.

But worldwide fame... hmm... I made eye contact with Madeline Albright once :lol:

(No, she was not in that movie. She was US Secretary of State during Clinton, you ignoramuses ;) )

I saw former sprinter Colin Jackson in my local Sainsbury's supermarket!

Well.... local but one.

He found out I was a lapsed Catholic, and drove straight past!

I went to the same school as Frank Skinner (a stand up comic here in the UK), it was about 20 years after he left mind.

I went to the same school as Frank Skinner (a stand up comic here in the UK), it was about 20 years after he left mind.

Didn't he go to St. Hubert's on the Wolverhampton Road?

Edited by acute alan

Didn't he go to St. Hubert's on the Wolverhampton Road?

Yeah, I think he did. Although I was referring to senior school which was Warley High or Oldbury College of Sport as its called now.

Edited to edit my previous post as I have only just noticed I missed out a word, was meant to put I almost went to the same school... :P I really ought to read my posts before I click submit...oh well...

Edited by grendals_bane

The hill that my neighborhood is on is right across the hill that has the neighborhood in which the Kardashians and (I think) Brittney Spears live...so I like to call us neighbors. :P And Pamela Anderson walks her dog (a golden retriever, if anyone cares) on my school's campus, so I've greeted her. OH and I've seen a bunch of athletes whose name I don't know shopping at my local grocery store.

Well having worked for a TV production and Film company in the past i've met quite a few celebs over the years - i've also been an TV extra in quite a few things (only UK people would of heard of them probably). Been back stage at quite a few gigs and met a lot of my favourite bands too.

Edited by PurpleStuart

Well having worked for a TV production and Film company in the past i've met quite a few celebs over the years - i've also been an TV extra in quite a few things (only UK people would of heard of them probably). Been back stage at quite a few gigs and met a lot of my favourite bands too.

This is no good ....... you need to give us some NAMES :mellow:

I once had coffee with Johnny Depp and Julie Christie on the set of 'Finding Neverland'.

I got a handful of stupid claims to fame.

I once told the chick from Evanescence that she should go custom for her corsets.

Got to meet Jonathan Coulton.

Got to meet Gordon Ramsey- he's much nicer at meet and greets than he is on TV.

Went to school with a guy that now is part of the CG tec crew that made the transformers movies.

Really ticked off one of the Johnson Wax family members once- didn't know who he was at the time. And no, it wasn't the perverted criminal that I ticked off.

My mom was the last living human on the planet that could calibrate gold plated crystal gyroscope doodads for high tec flying machines like jets and space shuttles. They do it with computers now that she's retired.

My dad invented a hydraulic-shock lift thing for production assistance for General Motors.

My ex-brother in law invented a device that corrects inner ear gack for pilots so they don't get screwed up doing fancy maneuvers.

My sister cut a bunch of the cooling system pipes for NASA. I still have mandrels I wear in my hair from that project :)

My brother did the bodywork on more than one classic car that won national awards or got into magazines for awesomeness.

Been in local papers and TV a lot- I was even made national TV once in the Macy's parade.

I got to be a Harley calendar girl- but that was regional, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Haha, too bad none of these claims to fame do diddly for me.

I got a couple of dumb ones

I met Mel McDaniel back when I was about 14, or 15. I got an autographed pic of him.

Years ago, Vannah White from Wheel of fortune came to our town. My ex insisted we meet her. Got an autographed pic. I let him keep it.

I'm also related to a couple of religous people (from very very many years ago) That I prefere to not admit to.

i'm related to both banjo paterson and william wallace

I've had a couple of small things:

I met and had my photo taken with Jim Anvil Neidheart (former WWF wrestler)

Met Vicki Michelle of 'Allo 'Allo fame

My dad was one of the soldiers who guarded Rudolf Hess at spandau prison in Berlin

Met Will Francis from Aiden

Been in the local paper a few times

The UM forums and my username got a mention on ninemsn.com.au about the Chile ghost boy seen in mall story

I have no real claim to fame. :cry:

However, my parents had a couple of real doozies: My Dad was a Navy Courier during World War II and transported part of the plans for the atomic bomb. My Mom worked with Norma Jean Dougherty at the LA Van Nuys Airport...Norma Jean was later known as Marilyn Monroe.

I once got to dig Kate Winslett's grave in 'Finding Neverland'. (After sitting through that heap of unhistorical, sentimental twaddle called 'Titanic', it seemed to be wish-fulfillment!)

I played a round of golf with retired redskins kicker Mark Wilson...great afternoon...his short game is terrible but he can bomb the long ball drive...down to earth guy...not a snob at all....it was fun...

I went to the same school and art college as John Lennon.

I saw Van Morrison in a record shop about 45 yrs ago(when he was in Them). I got his autograph but was too starstruck to speak to him!

Many years ago I played a round of golf with Lee Kwan Yew, the Prime Minister of Singapore.