Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Politically incorrect Bible

crystal sage

If the Bible were written today...how would it fare???

Is it politically incorrect?

Would we have cause to sue??

There is sexual harrasment ... anti -women propaganda...is preached...anti-gay...is OK with slavery...is OK with Revenge killings/maimings...seems to justify violence..

How much of it is the true word of God/Jesus and his teachings ...and how much of it is power/revenge...controll of the masses..or secret agendas of the publishers of the time... ???

Who decided what went into the Bible and Why???

Did the prophets...saints..kings... deciples..really say and do all these things???

Or is it all an elaborate gossip... with only hints...from hearsay, of course...of what may have gone on!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoddessWhispers

• crystal sage

• Something Like Laughter

• sbradj

Would we have cause to sue??

There is sexual harrasment ... anti -women propaganda...is preached...anti-gay...is OK with slavery...is OK with Revenge killings/maimings...seems to justify violence..

How much of it is the true word of God/Jesus and his teachings ...and how much of it is power/revenge...controll of the masses..or secret agendas of the publishers of the time... ???

Who decided what went into the Bible and Why???

Did the prophets...saints..kings... deciples..really say and do all these things???

Or is it all an elaborate gossip... with only hints...from hearsay, of course...of what may have gone on!!!!

Have you read the Bible? I ask because then you might have an idea for yourself if the teachings are true.

Yes, I'm sure it would be considered politically incorrect, but thank God it would be political correctness has gotten way out of hand.

Yes, I'm sure it would be considered politically incorrect, but thank God it would be political correctness has gotten way out of hand.
Pardon me, I don't understand the context of this part of your statement. Could you perhaps rephrase, please!? :)

Pardon me, I don't understand the context of this part of your statement. Could you perhaps rephrase, please!? :)

I seem to have left a comma out. It should read: "...but thank God it would be, political correctness has gotten way out of hand."

Meaning I'm glad that the Bible would be and is considered politically incorrect because in order for it to be politically correct all of the moral teachings would have to be left out and so would most of the historical content and so would be most of the poetry and narrative.

Son HMM you can't mean that its politically incorrect to treat women as equals, to not shun and murder others, to sexually repress and create sexual predators.... , to openly shun and threaten anothers right to choose how they will experince spirituality, intolerance is used to harm others , it is violent and generates violence as a way to solve conflict, it openly pimps to worship a diety that is heinous in its behaviors............ it has blood dripping out of the pages, and its a fear construct designed to conditon one to follow, to be brain washed, in fear...... and after all is said and done you are seeing circumstnaces to be grateful.. Interesting to say the least...

Son HMM you can't mean that its politically incorrect to treat women as equals, to not shun and murder others, to sexually repress and create sexual predators.... , to openly shun and threaten anothers right to choose how they will experince spirituality, intolerance is used to harm others , it is violent and generates violence as a way to solve conflict, it openly pimps to worship a diety that is heinous in its behaviors............ it has blood dripping out of the pages, and its a fear construct designed to conditon one to follow, to be brain washed, in fear...... and after all is said and done you are seeing circumstnaces to be grateful.. Interesting to say the least...

No, I mean that telling people that sin is real, that there are moral ways to live, that there is good and bad, that there is a God, that there is good and evil, that doing what you want is not the right thing to do, are all politically incorrect, but are things that need to be taught.

Again, here you are showing your intolerance for Christian beliefs, Supra! Immediately you begin putting the worst possible light on anything that mentions the Bible. How can you consider yourself tolerant and happy when you have so much hatred for a person's way of life?

You keep insisting that you are OK with what I believe if that is what I choose to believe but at every turn you keep denigrating it, and trying to make me look like some idiot for actually believing this. You really should examine your soul closely, Supra, because it's obvious that you are holding on to some deep seated anger which completely colors your views. You will truly not be able to be happy and tolerant until you figure out a way to get rid of all that hatred and anger.

I have an answer, but, of course due to your hatred of Christianity you would never consider it and I am very sorry for that.

I really hope that some day you will be able to grow past this.

Edited by IamsSon

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/bileffr.htm

hy We Need

Freedom From Religion

on Mother's Day ...

And Every Other Day

Ad run in The New York Times on May 8, 1992

by the Freedom From Religion Foundation

(Used With Permission)

For centuries the Bible has mandated the degradation of women and motherhood. Scripture has encouraged brutality toward children.

This Mother's Day, as in every year, sermons around the nation will pay homage to the "virtuous woman" of Proverbs 31, a self-sacrificing drudge who is praised for fearing "the Lord."

Why should women -- and the men who honor women -- respect and support a religion that preaches women's submission? The Bible does not elevate or honor womanhood, nor does it promote a safe and wholesome environment for children. The daily newspapers are full of tragic evidence of the harm of religion, of the human suffering that results from religious indoctrination and fear.

Why are physical and sexual child abuse and medical neglect multiplying in Christian homes, communities, and churches? Because the Bible sanctifies child abuse.

Why do women remain second-class citizens in our country? Why is there a religious-fostered war against women's rights? Because the Bible is a handbook for the subjugation of women.

There are more than 200 Bible verses that specifically belittle and demean women. Elizabeth Cady Stanton said:

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the way of women's emancipation."

Short Graphic Rule

The Bible degrades motherhood, marriage,

and women's reproductive functions:

Matthew 24:19

"[woe] unto them that are with child"

Luke 2:22

Mary is unclean after birth of Jesus

14:26

You cannot be Jesus's disciple unless you

hate your mother, father, and family

20:34-35

Better chance to get to heaven if you don't marry

I Corinthians

11:3-15

Man is the head of the woman; only man

is in the image and glory of God

14:24-35

Women, keep in silence; may only learn from husbands

Ephesians 5:22-33

"Wives, submit..."

Colossians 3:18

More "Wives, submit yourselves..."

I Timothy 2:9

Women adorn yourselves in shamefacedness

2:11-14

Women should learn in silence in all subjection;

Eve was sinful, Adam blameless

2:15

Ephesians 5:22 33

Women will not die in childbirth if they

"continue in faith, charity and holiness"

I Peter 3:17

Women should talk to husbands in fear

Genesis 2:22

Woman created from Adam's rib

3:16

"In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children."

Leviticus 12:1-4

Women who have sons are unclean 7 days

12:4-7

Women who have daughters are unclean 14 days

15:19-23

Menstrual periods are unclean

Numbers 5:13-31

Unpassable adulteress test encourages

jealousy and cruelty

31:17-35

"Virgins" are war booty

Deuteronomy

22:13-21

Bride who is not virgin must be stoned to death

22:28

Unmarried rape victim must marry her rapist

24:1

Men can divorce women on the spot

28:11-12

Delicate women will be forced to eat their children

I Samuel 21:4-5

Men are holy if they stay away from women

Job 14:1-4

"Who can bring a clean thing out of

an unclean [woman]? not one"

Psalm 51:5

"In sin did my mother conceive me"

Isaiah 13:16

"their wives [shall be] ravished"

Hosea 13:16

"Their infants shall be dashed in pieces and

their women with child shall be ripped up."

Short Graphic Rule

The Bible mandates child abuse:

Deuteronomy

21:18-21

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son...

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold

on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his

city... And all the men of his city shall stone him

with stones, that he die..."

23:2

"A b****** shall not enter into the congregation

of the Lord; even to his tenth generation..."

II Kings

2:23,24

"And as [Elijah] was going up by the way, there

came forth little children [who] and said unto him,

'Go up, thou bald head'... And he... cursed them

in the name of the Lord. And there came forth

two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty

and two children of them."

Proverbs

20:30

"The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil:

so do stripes the inward parts of the belly."

19:18

"Chasten thy son while there is hope, and

let not thy soul spare for his crying."

22:15

"Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but

the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

23:13-14

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if

thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt

deliver his soul from hell."

13:24

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but

he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

29:15,17

"The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child

left to himself bringeth his mother to shame....

Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest."

Hebrews 12:6-8

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and

scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.... But

if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are

partakers, then are ye b*******, and not sons."

12:11

"Now no chastening for the present seemeth to

be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward

it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness

unto them which are exercised thereby."

Psalm 137:9

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth

thy little ones against the stones."

Short Graphic Rule

No, I mean that telling people that sin is real, that there are moral ways to live, that there is good and bad, that there is a God, that there is good and evil, that doing what you want is not the right thing to do, are all politically incorrect, but are things that need to be taught.

To whom do these things need be taught!? For whom are the words meant to be "real" !? And of which god would it be speaking when it should be taught there is a god.

Per, the OT of the thread, if the bible were written today to whom would it speak!? Remembering jesus mention of why he spoke in parables, and that his words were not meant for all to hear or understand his words!? And if it were drafted so as to be PC, it would necessitate abdication of slavery, human sacrifice, genocide, infanticide, misogyny and homophobia, would be omitted from the text. Because none of those things are "PC" at all. So then, if it were written to be PC, it wouldn't really resemble the bible at all, for the entire context - OT & NT-would be altered, from the beginning. Wouldn't it!?

Hahahaha, yes.

For that matter, so are the writings of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. You should see what they say about the Indians.

Oh, and Teddy Roosevelt.

Yes, people from the past were very politically incorrect by today's standards. No doubt about that.

Some yes, some no, some maybe.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/bileffr.htm

hy We Need

Freedom From Religion

on Mother's Day ...

And Every Other Day

Ad run in The New York Times on May 8, 1992

by the Freedom From Religion Foundation

(Used With Permission)

I wonder if the person who put that together stopped and asked himself if all of the words around the parts of verses they were pulling out meant anything.

I wonder if the person who put that together stopped and asked himself if all of the words around the parts of verses they were pulling out meant anything.

That would require them to actually READ the Bible, so I seriously doubt it.

Hahahaha, yes.

For that matter, so are the writings of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. You should see what they say about the Indians.

Oh, and Teddy Roosevelt.

Yes, people from the past were very politically incorrect by today's standards. No doubt about that.

Some yes, some no, some maybe.

But are wars being fought...lives taken... quoting verbatim.. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. and Teddy Roosevelt???

OK :rolleyes: ...they probably are !!!

Eg like the great misquoted ..""God helps those who help themselves!!"... isn't that the motto of many of the powerfull nations???

http://www.deadyetliving.com/wordpress/200...elp-themselves/

http://www.acts17-11.com/cows_helps.html

The Bible is full of contradictions... and people seem choose the passages ...or manipulate various excerpts.. that suit their agendas... and seem to get away with it...or have a good attempt at it as it's supposedly god's??? law...

Admittedly we've come a long way since when the bibles were first written...times..situations have changed... we've become more tolerant...wiser than those supposedly alledged wise ones of the old days... we have a stronger sense of right and wrong...and more compassion... yet there are 'Hell Stirers' out there that hide under the petticoats of various religions... to manipulate the gullable to do their bidding ...not God's... and preach the realities of the dark days...

Why is it still working??? It has me puzzeled...!!!

Edited by crystal sage

Using the term "politically incorrect" is politically incorrect.

:w00t:

Has anyone ever wondered why that term is even valid!? "politically incorrect" When has politics ever set the example of correctness, itself, so as to claim anything else could be construed as incorrect , by it's standards!? I mean c'mon!

the thing I find funny is how ppl say the bible is anti women......

the bible teaches and I quote .Husbands love your wife as christ loved the church" unquote....

about this slavery issue youre forgettting that it wasnt like our historical slavery with the europeans and the africans

In reply to the question, how is the bible contradictory:

http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/

the thing I find funny is how ppl say the bible is anti women......

the bible teaches and I quote .Husbands love your wife as christ loved the church" unquote....

about this slavery issue youre forgettting that it wasnt like our historical slavery with the europeans and the africans

There's more to that scripture you know. Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Keeping that in mind, consider this: Deuteronomy 25:11-12 ( Ewww where's the dress, where's the veil!? And don't forget to pack that tourniquet! :unsure: )

With regards to slavery, god told the hebrews they could own slaves of any race,save those members of their own tribe. Therefore, it's not like our historical slavery with Europeans (one tribe) owning African's (another tribe)? How about freed slaves in this country, owning slaves!? How about that virtually every race on earth has enslaved most every other. Whites owning whites, (Think "white slave trade" that exists today) blacks owning blacks, blacks owning whites, whites owning blacks. Colors owning colors. Different colors and the same. See: Ephesians 6:5.

[/size]

:rofl: iv been to controdictive sites most examples they use are taken outta text....and they have no foundation...but no where have i read that it is controdictive..i guess if you want to twist it and tie it in knots then thats still not in the bible..but that is you yourself doing it not the word...so its not controdictive but the one making it out to be by twisting it into something other than what it is..as for the women....they are a glory to their husband..they are the crown that sits on their head...like at king...all kings where a crown...they would not be king without one...yes a woman is to be in subjection to their husband he is the ruler of the home...he is the leader...he is the image of god...but he must be the image ...in subjection to god ..ppl like to take the text and twist around to make it fit their fight...but it is not possiable to win when it is wrong when your using gods word...it will turn around back unto you...you being whomever would choose to turn against the word...not a particular person...

The Bible was written and compiled by many different MEN, none of which are Jesus. Therefore it has human error and bias throughout it. There are parts that contradict other parts. That is because one chapter is written by one guy, and another chapter are letters found from someone else, and so on. Take it for what it's worth. The Bible isn't about its details, rather the overall lesson/message. The sexism in there may reflect that who wrote the chapter in question, but it does not mean it is the word of the lord.

the bible was written by many different men.all scripture was written by men inspired by the holy ghost.jhn17.17-20 gods word is truth and the apostales words. 2 peter 1.20,21 bible is word of god, no private interpretation.jhn 1.1-5 jesus is the word. gods word was not changed and it never contradicts itself.when we are in darkness and try to come into the light it is just sometimes blinding to our eyes

the bible was written by many different men.all scripture was written by men inspired by the holy ghost.jhn17.17-20 gods word is truth and the apostales words. 2 peter 1.20,21 bible is word of god, no private interpretation.jhn 1.1-5 jesus is the word. gods word was not changed and it never contradicts itself.when we are in darkness and try to come into the light it is just sometimes blinding to our eyes

Stop that right now. The Bible is a compliation that throughout time has had parts both added and taken away. There would even be councils that would vote on what came in and what came out. I bet all the people voting were inspired by the holy ghost, right? Even if some or most of the chapters are the word of the lord communicated through John and the others who wrote those chapters, do you really think that there aren't some chapters that aren't...how do I say this...as fully inspired as others?

The number that the Romans did on the Bible themselves kills much of its credibility as the "word of the lord". I had this conversation once with a very intelligent church-going man who would discuss science vs religion with me, and he said that the Bible is protected by the lord so that it was always kept pure. After reading it (and I certainly have), I think that's not the case whatsoever, but go ahead and believe that if you will. Just close your eyes and keep the faith.

make me. na na na na na .really ,the word of god has been changed huh.all messed up, completely impossible to understand,self contradicting.seems to me if this was true it would be so easy on our flesh to live by the word.but maybe thats it ,its just easeir to cling to these lame excuses not to