Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remove your uniform because it is ‘offensive’

Commander CMG

Really? Your internet seems to be doing just fine.

Link please. Outside of UM.

My net is taking ages to load pages...

I found it in google anyway:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2981315/posts

There was a few sources posted in the US forum and it was discussed heavily, thought you posted in there as well.

Thank you. I shall review.

From your link(not your words):

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not”. Those who will not are being removed,” Garrow wrote on his Facebook page, later following up the post by adding the man who told him is, “one of America’s foremost military heroes,” whose goal in divulging the information was to “sound the alarm.”

------------

Curiously, that is a fringe site.

Secondly, he offer's NO AUTHENTICATION to his claims whatsoever. Which is mildly distrurbing.

I did read his credentials, and I'm OK with that. I realize that he did not compose that article, rather it was an external commentary from his FaceBook post.

What bugs me is that site you linked seems to be exteremly fringe-oriented.

So, I simply cannot reasonably take their word. Nor his, as he offers no authentication.

But, I do appreciate the link. Thanks.

Edited by pallidin

Can anyone from Britain verify if the article in the blue/black image at the bottom of this article is accurate?

Can anyone from Britain verify if the article in the blue/black image at the bottom of this article is accurate?

It's kinda accurate. (It's the Daily Mail, after all)

Here's Lord Ashcroft's polls....

http://lordashcroftp...forces-society/

Edited by Eldorado

Virgin can stick their frequent flier card, I will vote with my feet and go BA next flight.

They are overpriced anyway IMO. They use to be the best, but standards have slipped so I am not surprised. I have had a few run in's with the cabin crew lately who can be dam right rude.

I was taking a business flight with Virgin and they overbooked the flight. I was moved down from premium to economy without any apology. My compensation was an emergency ext seat with so called leg room. As soon as my backside was in the chair they wanted to move me again because a family had turned up late and insisted sitting together. I protested and was told if I didn't move I would be removed from the flight. They broke safety rules by putting a man who was in the family group who had his leg in plaster top to bottom in the seat by the emergency exit. When I pointed it out they went ballistic.

I left the flight of my own accord and flew back via another airline. My company managed to get a refund in the end.

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

what is going on in England that their armed forces are treated with such disrespect and publically ridiculed?

Left wing rule.

In America, current and former members of the armed forces are given permanent discounts at things like shops, restaurants and cinemas.

In Britain, the British public generally love their armed forces personnel and thousands go out every Remembrance Sunday to pay their respects to those who fought and died for our freedoms. Hundreds of people lined the streets of Royal Wootton Basset to honour the Afghanistan fallen when their coffins passed through the town. It's just our ruling Left Wing Establishment which hates our armed forces personnel.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Left wing rule.

In America, current and former members of the armed forces are given permanent discounts at things like shops, restaurants and cinemas.

In Britain, the British public generally love their armed forces personnel and thousands go out every Remembrance Sunday to pay their respects to those who fought and died for our freedoms. Hundreds of people lined the streets of Royal Wootton Basset to honour the Afghanistan fallen when their coffins passed through the town. It's just our ruling Left Wing Establishment which hates our armed forces personnel.

I think that is a bit of a generalisation, I am sure left wingers are as respectful of the soldier's efforts as anyone else - ignorant laymen on the other hand, meh... I think it is an education and identity issue, patriotism is not a right wing perogative it is a national perogative, most people know this.

• Like 2

I think that is a bit of a generalisation, I am sure left wingers are as respectful of the soldier's efforts as anyone else - ignorant laymen on the other hand, meh... I think it is an education and identity issue, patriotism is not a right wing perogative it is a national perogative, most people know this.

We all remember (well, I don't because I was only nearly four months old but many who are old enough do) when the then Labour Party leader Michael Foot wore a donkey jacket at the Cenotaph in central London during the 1981 Remembrance Sunday commemorations.

_47407710_008880849-1.jpg

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

We all remember (well, I don't because I was only nearly four months old but many who are old enough do) when the then Labour Party leader Michael Foot wore a donkey jacket at the Cenotaph in central London during the 1981 Remembrance Sunday commemorations.

_47407710_008880849-1.jpg

I don't remember that being Australian - but holding a grudge for the span of your natural life against a whole party because of the perceived actions of an individual seems a little ott, lol.

• Like 1

I don't remember that being Australian - but holding a grudge for the span of your natural life against a whole party because of the perceived actions of an individual seems a little ott, lol.

The Left are guilty of then when it comes to Thatcher.

• Like 2

I agree, but at the time (and, up to a point, even now) Michael Foot's action seemed to personify the Labour Left's whole outlook on British politics. Mr Foot and many of his cronies would rather have had held that Remembrance Sunday parade in Red Square! IMO, his single saving grace was that he favoured britain's withdrawal from the Common Market (as it was then), but I suspect only because he favoured closer ties with the Soviet Union!

I think this is not a religion problem but a British culture problem. For example i have seen Lower class people support the troops more but the richer classes not supporting them and want troops to be pulled out. I think these people are embarrassed or ashamed that the are not helping out the country. Also i don't think Brits are that Patriotic about our own country. If you go anywhere else, everyone supports theirr forces

• Like 1

personally i don't think any military should be supported or respected

if you show them too much respect and support and fill their head with that crap

they start having thoughts and delusions of them better than the civilians and there you have another " us "

i think the military ..of all nations in general should be kept in low regards nothing more special than ordinary people

and know their places comes after the civilians .. they're just paid goverment employees

nothing more than serve .. get paid .. no special treatment no special premissions or rules of their own

holding high regard for military forces is perfect combination for dictatorship

and corruptions in my personal opinion

just like if some one did something offensive to other passangers they'd make him quit it

and had there been action made to back up that military personell on this incident

next thing you know an army maniacs getting free pass bothering people everywhere

they should be kept in tight hand

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

if you show them too much respect and support and fill their head with that crap

they start having thoughts and delusions of them better than the civilians and there you have another " us "

i think the military ..of all nations in general should be kept in low regards nothing more special than ordinary people

and know their places comes after the civilians .. they're just paid goverment employees

nothing more than serve .. get paid .. no special treatment no special premissions or rules of their own

just like if some one did something offensive to other passangers they'd make him quit it

and had there been action made to back up that military personell on this incident

next thing you know an army maniacs getting free pass bothering people everywhere

Support and respect is a personal choice and your entitled to yours.

I think the world would be a desperate place to live everyone thought like you. Picking up a daily newspaper and see people like the Kartrashians, sports personalities, pop stars, TV & movie stars, all being held in high esteem by millions of people and the Military personnel being thought of as nothing.

I am thankful to all our military, I may not believe in the reasons for the wars we are fighting today but I will always support our boys and girls who are out there fighting them.

Edited by xsas
  • Like 5

Left wing rule.

I must say I'm not surprised to see you blame this 'left' demigod that you keep going on about. I heard it was also to blame for the Roman Empire, Genghis Kahn, AIDS and cancer. There's also a rumour that it's killing all the bees. You might want to look into that.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I disagree, military personnel are already very disciplined and understand their place - which is in harms way by the order of an unknown General somewhere whose choice to place them there they have no say in. Every job type will have it's "loose cannons" but for the most part those who join the armed forces are not afraid of rigid discipline and will act regardless of danger to their own lives, thats rare on both counts, they deserve respect unless they act otherwise in public, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Tell you what, get rid of the military from whatever country you're from and then see how you fare should your country ever be threatened by another country. Without brave soldiers, sailors and airmen to protect you wouldn't last two minutes. And if you aren't American or British you'll then be begging the Americans and British to come and bail you out, as usual.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

I think a country can do okay without a military so long as there is some other powerful country around that wants it to do okay. Chancy stuff.

I think a country can do okay without a military so long as there is some other powerful country around that wants it to do okay. Chancy stuff.

That's a bit risky. To be honest, I wouldn't trust any other country. None whatosoever. It's best to defend yourself.

The Japanese largely do it, and if memory serves I don't think Costa Rica has an army.

FFS people need to grow some balls and stop being so damned sensitive. BPA is wrecking people who formerly had spines, making them all pansies.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Tell you what, get rid of the military from whatever country you're from and then see how you fare should your country ever be threatened by another country. Without brave soldiers, sailors and airmen to protect you wouldn't last two minutes. And if you aren't American or British you'll then be begging the Americans and British to come and bail you out, as usual.

am syrian and we're getting wrecked on so badly and yet civilians are taking the fight with a fully equiped army

without " usa , britian " bailing us out or even paying their duty to a nation which is part of the UN

don't delude your self with the thought that these two actually help people .. they save their intrestes nothing more

no interests = no bailing out = syria nowadays

am glad we stand as living proof on the double standards of that account

so don't give away credits you don't own

and my country history when we were under france occupation

there was no army .. it was always civilians rebels who won us freedom and attacked back

army should always be treated strictly so they don't fall into the illusion that they are above people

that's how i see .. or that's how we learned the hard way