Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

crazy dream like thing

Devilwolf

Last night I started to fall asleep around 2am and went to bed, i fell asleep pretty quick, i had a dream about being a military person but in my house i didn't see much of my house but where the bathrom was down the hall there was a big fenced military base with say 10 men there well then i went back into the hall for some reason and saw that the room light, well i layed in the middle of the hallway for a second or two before i felt something land on my chest and it was choking me and it looked like a little black goblin like thing and it disappeared just like that.

I went back into the military base and had the door blockaded and all of a sudden the door broke and out of the blackness started coming a bunch of them, they started attacking the men on the base and as me and this other guy were running towards the end of the base he hit a trip wire or something and blew up, when i got to the end of the base i saw them all, something happened to me and i screamed "God will save you" and out of me came a big bright white light and it killed the shadow things... but the odd thing was sometime during my dreaming i would open my eyein my dream and see my pillow it was just like looking at it as if i were awake...

Now ive heard little about shadow things, but is it possible they can enter your dreams when ur asleep? This dream was freaky

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insight

• hamellr

• TheQueenGalaxy

• Raistlin Majere

I have seen little shadow things all of the time, since i was a small child. I have had similiar experiences with some type of demonlike creatures trying to choke the life out of me. But I was able to hold my thoughts on the Most High Creator, and eventually would shout out loud the prayer I was reciting in my mind. I would always tell these things, that I will never let them get a hold of me, I'll never give in. And I never do. Sounds like you need a big dose of some pyschic self defense in more ways than 1.

Last night I started to fall asleep around 2am and went to bed, i fell asleep pretty quick, i had a dream about being a military person but in my house i didn't see much of my house but where the bathrom was down the hall there was a big fenced military base with say 10 men there well then i went back into the hall for some reason and saw that the room light, well i layed in the middle of the hallway for a second or two before i felt something land on my chest and it was choking me and it looked like a little black goblin like thing and it disappeared just like that.

I went back into the military base and had the door blockaded and all of a sudden the door broke and out of the blackness started coming a bunch of them, they started attacking the men on the base and as me and this other guy were running towards the end of the base he hit a trip wire or something and blew up, when i got to the end of the base i saw them all, something happened to me and i screamed "God will save you" and out of me came a big bright white light and it killed the shadow things... but the odd thing was sometime during my dreaming i would open my eyein my dream and see my pillow it was just like looking at it as if i were awake...

Now ive heard little about shadow things, but is it possible they can enter your dreams when ur asleep?  This dream was freaky

374475[/snapback]

I have heard a similiar story from many different people in regards to "goblins" coming to them in their sleep and producing either a choking effect or a paralizing effect. In the cases where the people were definately awake, they felt a distusting presence of evil. I myself have felt this before. In fact, there are tales of one such goblin terrorizing an eitire town in eastern Canada.

Dreams are a connection to a part of the mind that cannot exist in counsiousness.

When you exclaimed "God will save you" and the light destroyed the monsters, I truely believe this was an act of God, and that there was a spiritual war being waged in some form or another. Malevolent spirits seems to utterly hate the name of God. Even God himself says there is power in his name.

I have heard numerous EVP recordings in which an excorcist in a house is asking the spirit questions. When he commands it to leave and uses the name of Jesus, a terrible terrible noise if often heard on the tape at the exact moment.

Regardless of your beliefs, if you ever have a similiar experience, use the power in the name of God with confidence and faith and see what happenes. Then decide for yourself what to believe.

But know you are not alone in your experience.

All these beasts/ghosts/monsters seem to go away or run at a display of faith in a greater power, I've heard that a man confronted the Jersey Devil with the cry "in the name of Alah". And I've heard of dozens of accounts of such perinormal freaks cowering before faith in Jesus. Perhaps these things are made by our minds and are vanquished by our faith? Or perhaps they really are evil and fear the name of a diety of good? Is faith one of the human atributes of good? Or maybe all the different views of God are really one God? Who can really say other than faith can vanquish fear.

I think that you entered essentially another dimension. I don't have a better word for it, but it's a cross between an altered state of consciousness and being in a physically different location.

I do it quite often and it's not usually anything I can control. I frequently have "dreams" such as yours and as such sometimes suffer from a lack of sleep. I also tend to have a lot of bruises or aches and pains after wards that I didn't go to sleep with. You and I are not alone, I know several other people who have this same problem.

In this dimension there is a ongoing war between good and evil. Nobody I know knows what the war is really about, just that it's been going on for thousands of years, about 32,000 or so. Sometimes it spills out into what we consider is reality or maybe the current dimension.

When you called upon God, you were simply channeling your faith and abilities into a powerful psychic attack. I know other people who have been in the same situation from a variety of religious backgrounds and their attacks are all different. For me my faith is channeled into what I would consider more traditional psychic attacks (or martial arts/sword fighting abilities,) since I don't believe in the Christian interpertation of god.

Also, eventually your turn in the war will be up. This seems to be random or at least based off some higher power's guidance (lack of a better word again,) who is more of a General then a god per say.

These dreams stopped for a long time but they had a profound affect upon me, in the long run I think I'm a better person for them. But unfortunatly, they've started up again so my part isn't quite done yet.

In general I believe that Ghosts and other such sightings like Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster are manifested from this or other dimensions. Your goblins, and peoples black shadows are part of this war. I also believe that Aliens are involved, for the most part observing, but sometimes providing less tangible help for both sides. (BTW - if you see a Grey, punch him in the face once for me.) Big Foot is generally neutral but is willing to help those in need or protect the innocent in this war.

And just for the record, yes I do think I am crazy sometimes. But none the less this is what I think is happening.

When you called upon God, you were simply channeling your faith and abilities into a powerful psychic attack.

Now what in the hell is simple about that I ask you?

Also, eventually your turn in the war will be up.

You seem to know an awful lot about a cinflict which is completely beyond our dimension. Are you sure your assumptions are a little dangerous to be making?

These dreams stopped for a long time but they had a profound affect upon me, in the long run I think I'm a better person for them. But unfortunatly, they've started up again so my part isn't quite done yet.

AH, they never stopped in the first place. You were merely made unperceptable of them. And your part is only the part of a victum. We have absolutely no power to fight against malevolent spirits. Which is precisely why we need to call upon the Power of God, who lives in their realm.

And just for the record, yes I do think I am crazy sometimes. But none the less this is what I think is happening.

I think sanity is over rated. One needs to be against the grain to make any real headway in the world of sheep we live in. We need to seperate ourselves from the pack, don't you think? Perhaps it is everyone around us who is truely crazy. I for one believe such.

Well, it sure as hell is an explenation that makes sense. If it wasn't so farfetched, it would be extremely logical.

Regardless of religious beliefs, your belief in the Creator and his power will help at all times needed. I refuse to be bounded by religions, for concepts of several agree with me, therefore I am Universal, and Universal forces are always with me. You reap what you sow!

i used to have reoccuring dreams where i was being chased by a black shadowy figure and everytime it was very close to catching me id wake up, weird, it gone now.

I have strange dreams all the time but I've never had one like that nor one with shadowy figures. I can normally see things quite clearly.

You should try a dream interpretation book. original.gif

When you called upon God, you were simply channeling your faith and abilities into a powerful psychic attack.

Now what in the hell is simple about that I ask you?

Because it's a rudimentery ability. With out knowing how to do that, any other psychic abilities you may have will not be as powerful or focused and will be a lot more draining. It's like learning to crawl before walking.

You seem to know an awful lot about a cinflict which is completely beyond our dimension. Are you sure your assumptions are a little dangerous to be making?

Not really. The more people who are aware of what's happening the better off the forces of "good" are. We (humanity) are an important cog. Nobody really knows how or what's going to happen, just that it is. It's one of the reasons for increased UFO sightings (and abductions.) A lot of visitors are trying to figure out just that.

AH, they never stopped in the first place. You were merely made unperceptable of them. And your part is only the part of a victum. We have absolutely no power to fight against malevolent spirits. Which is precisely why we need to call upon the Power of God, who lives in their realm.

No - they totally stopped. My part was done, finished. I knew it, the attacks on me totally stopped and I lived a fairly normal life for several years. This time I'm entering back into slightly more willing.

What you call God does not live in their realm. If a god exists then he's not interested in this battle, or he's doing a really good job of not showing his part in it. In which case - I personally would not trust him. There are several beings who certainly have god-like powers involved though.

As for the other part - what do you consider fighting? These spirits can't be killed no, but they can be stopped, contained, dispersed and generally told to take a hike. They will succumb to psychic attacks just like I or any body else fighting will.

I think sanity is over rated. One needs to be against the grain to make any real headway in the world of sheep we live in. We need to seperate ourselves from the pack, don't you think? Perhaps it is everyone around us who is truely crazy. I for one believe such.

377537[/snapback]

Not 100%. I believe we each see reality differently. To me, this is real. I live it almost daily in my night mares and dreams. Frequently even while I'm awake I'm aware of it. I have even been attacked while awake.

On the other hand I don't bother hiding any more. If they're attacking me in the open, then it's less likely that I'll be attacked in less overt ways that I won't be able to counter. And the focus will be off those who are less skilled then myself and have to hide, or are totally innocent.

Hey, I don't believe in your idea, but I must say that I admire that you want to show your individuality. Conformity has ruined our world and our society.

Because it's a rudimentery ability. With out knowing how to do that, any other psychic abilities you may have will not be as powerful or focused and will be a lot more draining. It's like learning to crawl before walking.

So you are likening the ability to crawl to the psychic ability to reject an attack from a malevolent spirit?

If you are going to talk about using the name if God to confront the forces of spiritual evil, you at least have to have a knowledge of why God says there is power in his name. Simply beliving there is power in it does not infuse the power. If there IS any power in it, it must be from God himself.

Not really. The more people who are aware of what's happening the better off the forces of "good" are.

There is no longer a humanly distiguishable concept of good anymore. Everyone seems to believe truih is subjective now. Evil disguises it's self as good. Thus as any effective enemy does.

We (humanity) are an important cog. Nobody really knows how or what's going to happen, just that it is.

No so true. many people in history, and in the present have geuinely known "what will happen", and more importantly, "why".

No - they totally stopped. My part was done, finished. I knew it, the attacks on me totally stopped and I lived a fairly normal life for several years.

You do not understand the nature of deception. If truth is subjective as you believe, that whatever truth you "knew" could be a false hood in someone elses mind. This contradicts what you have said.

I'm not saying that the attacks DIDN'T stop, I'm saying that they may have taken unpercievable forms. Perhaps the forces were not gaining further headway, and thought of a way to attack in a totally unpercivable form. I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying that it's possible.

This time I'm entering back into slightly more willing.

What do you mean, you are willing to fight them? Willing to let the attacks be brought upon you? Is that what you are saying?

What you call God does not live in their realm.

That goes against every single teaching of what God is that had ever existed on planet earth.

If a god exists then he's not interested in this battle, or he's doing a really good job of not showing his part in it.

*laughs hard* You would set limits on something you don't even believe in? You think your human mind can comprehend what God is or isn't doing with out an active following of his teachings and a daily relatrionship with him? That's absurd, and I don't mind saying so. I see evidence of God's battle all around me, all the time, because I have accepted him, and he imparts wisdom and descernment to me of how to see what is going on. What is actually happening, is that you are doing a "really good job" or shutting him out, which is why you only see the malevolent side, and not HIS side.

In which case - I personally would not trust him.

*laughs* A human who doesn;t trust a divine source that wants nothing other that to help, love, and guide. You obviously have no understanding of what God is. What you do have underdstanding of, however, is what you have been decieved into thinking God is. Of course God's enemy would want you not to trust him. Lucifer pretends he is God. he appears before people as an angel of light. Lucifer will do anything he can to appear benevolent. Why would lucifer appear as a dragon with hoofed feet, breathing fire? If he did, everyone would be scared of him, and become wise to his deceptions. He immitates God at every turn. And he even quotes the words of God.

There are several beings who certainly have god-like powers involved though.

God-like. You said it, not me. God's power will never cause fear, nor try to harm, attack, or cause discomfort in you.

As for the other part - what do you consider fighting? These spirits can't be killed no, but they can be stopped, contained, dispersed and generally told to take a hike.

Yes, they can, but only by God's power. Not by our own. If we do summon the power to dispell them of our own actions, it is merely them allowing us to do so, to further the deceptions they are so desperately focused on. After a few times of you being able to send them away, you further begin to not depend on God for anything, and only strengthen the enemy. Only God's power, through us, can be used to fight them.

They will succumb to psychic attacks just like I or any body else fighting will.

Complete Hogwash. What makes you think they will be affected by a human action? Humans have no pwoer against them. And as far as anyone being effected by a psychic attack...why don't you test it on me. Preform you strongest attack. I give you permission. I give you all permission. (I posted in the Metaphysics forum information abaout me which could be used for an attack). Do what ever you can, and I will post truthfully if anythiong happens. If I have a bad dream, if I hurt myself, whatever. Do your best to attack me. I want you to. Because I am covered by a force more powerful than anything that exists in the entire universe.

Not 100%. I believe we each see reality differently. To me, this is real. I live it almost daily in my night mares and dreams. Frequently even while I'm awake I'm aware of it. I have even been attacked while awake.

I used to be atacked every night as a child. but when I gew, and reaffirmed my faith, my dreams totally reversed themselves. Now I have complete dominion over my dreams. I am the master of them, dictating what will happen in them. If something happenes that I don't like, and cannot control, I simply end the dream.

On the other hand I don't bother hiding any more. If they're attacking me in the open, then it's less likely that I'll be attacked in less overt ways that I won't be able to counter. And the focus will be off those who are less skilled then myself and have to hide, or are totally innocent.

There is no hiding, there is only fighting. And we as humans have no power by ourselves to do so. Don't use the logic of man to fight them. Only the power of the God who created them can seal them.

Again, if you are so skilled, I invite you to attack me in any way shape or form you can. Infact, I want you to. All of you. Attack me with everything you have. I'll provide any information about myself that will help you on this quest.

So you are likening the ability to crawl to the psychic ability to reject an attack from a malevolent spirit?

Yes. They're basic skills that lead to mastery of more complicated skills. Speaking English fluently leads to a better understanding of languages that have the same basic root. You have to know how to drive a car before you can drive an 18-Wheeler. You need to know how to turn on a computer before you can program it.

If you are going to talk about using the name if God to confront the forces of spiritual evil, you at least have to have a knowledge of why God says there is power in his name. Simply beliving there is power in it does not infuse the power. If there IS any power in it, it must be from God himself.

No you misunderstand or choose to interperet my words your way. Your FAITH is the power. If I believe a head of lettuce is a being of immense power, my faith in that head of lettuce will be just as powerful. Your powers are based off your faith, it's just a different way of accessing them then I use. Each person has their own way, you need to use what works for you. You think that God provides these powers to you, your faith focuses them.

I believe that they come from inside and can be cultivated to be more effective. I access them by visualization. This is the reason I'm skeptical about books and such that say "learn to develop your pyshic potential," or some thing similiar. Every person's experiences are different and how they access them.

There is no longer a humanly distiguishable concept of good anymore. Everyone seems to believe truih is subjective now. Evil disguises it's self as good. Thus as any effective enemy does.

There is some evil that does disguise itself. But I don't wholly agree with you on this. Auras don't lie. Those who are powerful enough to disguise their own are not going to be concerned with someone as lowly as me. And if they are - there is little I can do to stop it. It'd be like me trying to contain a nuclear explosion with a sandwich bag.

No so true. many people in history, and in the present have geuinely known "what will happen", and more importantly, "why".

Yes, many people do. But Joe blow off the street dosen't. My point is that the vast majority of humanity dosen't know or even really care. They're the ones who need to be educated and they need to discover it in their own way. The process is like a puzzle. Our discussion here has probally sparked some else who can now say, "Wow - that explains a few things. Let me think about that," eventually they may come up with an answer that will have them joining us in this battle.

You do not understand the nature of deception. If truth is subjective as you believe, that whatever truth you "knew" could be a false hood in someone elses mind. This contradicts what you have said.

I'm not saying that the attacks DIDN'T stop, I'm saying that they may have taken unpercievable forms. Perhaps the forces were not gaining further headway, and thought of a way to attack in a totally unpercivable form. I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying that it's possible.

I'll grant you that. But I seriously doubt it. The vast majority of the attacks are on a level that you can't really miss. On the other hand a large portion of my abilities were essentially burned out trying to help someone control their own. So I may have missed some of the more covert ones, although I believe I have enough experience that I'd at least be able to reconize them. In fact there were a couple of minor attacks that I was able to avoid but not counter.

This time I'm entering back into slightly more willing.

What do you mean, you are willing to fight them? Willing to let the attacks be brought upon you? Is that what you are saying?

Yes. I don't like it, and I could fight harder to stay out of it. But I have the skills and they should be used.

If a god exists then he's not interested in this battle, or he's doing a really good job of not showing his part in it.

*laughs hard* You would set limits on something you don't even believe in? You think your human mind can comprehend what God is or isn't doing with out an active following of his teachings and a daily relatrionship with him? That's absurd, and I don't mind saying so. I see evidence of God's battle all around me, all the time, because I have accepted him, and he imparts wisdom and descernment to me of how to see what is going on. What is actually happening, is that you are doing a "really good job" or shutting him out, which is why you only see the malevolent side, and not HIS side.

You percieve this battle differently then I do. That is all. You have faith that something exists. I have several lifetimes of experience to the contrary. I'm not going to argue if your faith in a god is valid. Because it is. That is how you perceive the Universe and it works for you. You need to use that faith because otherwise you're going to be road pizza.

Just don't expect me or anyone else who's experience is to the contrary to drop everything and start believing your way.

In which case - I personally would not trust him.

*laughs* A human who doesn;t trust a divine source that wants nothing other that to help, love, and guide.

Maybe you should read some mythology other then what is printed in your King James version of the Bible. Humanity's history is full of stories of divine sources that want nothing other then to help, love, and guide us but frequently make things worse, just read the Illiad for instance. But I digress, we're not here to argue the realism of mythological stories or their basis in facts.

You obviously have no understanding of what God is. What you do have underdstanding of, however, is what you have been decieved into thinking God is. Of course God's enemy would want you not to trust him. Lucifer pretends he is God. he appears before people as an angel of light. Lucifer will do anything he can to appear benevolent. Why would lucifer appear as a dragon with hoofed feet, breathing fire? If he did, everyone would be scared of him, and become wise to his deceptions. He immitates God at every turn. And he even quotes the words of God.

I don't believe or have experience of your version of Lucifer either.

There are several beings who certainly have god-like powers involved though.

God-like. You said it, not me. God's power will never cause fear, nor try to harm, attack, or cause discomfort in you.

No - I said god like not God like. Notice the capitalization of the word god. They are two very different things. God (with the capital G who is the pantheon of the Hebrew religion and it's offshoots) is as you say.

Gods (with the smaller g,) in general are not the way you say. I also took pains to say god-like. This topic verges dangerously on getting out of hand, but anybody with sufficent power can be a god. I don't know for sure but I'm sure Zeus and his entourage were simply beings with more power using it directly to rule those who didn't have the power. (I'll forgo pointing out any similiarities between Zeus and multiple Old-Testament stories.)

As for the other part - what do you consider fighting? These spirits can't be killed no, but they can be stopped, contained, dispersed and generally told to take a hike.

Yes, they can, but only by God's power. Not by our own. If we do summon the power to dispell them of our own actions, it is merely them allowing us to do so, to further the deceptions they are so desperately focused on. After a few times of you being able to send them away, you further begin to not depend on God for anything, and only strengthen the enemy. Only God's power, through us, can be used to fight them.

Again your perception is different then mine. I believe we're talking about the same thing but experience colors how we see it differently.

They will succumb to psychic attacks just like I or any body else fighting will.

Complete Hogwash. What makes you think they will be affected by a human action? Humans have no pwoer against them. And as far as anyone being effected by a psychic attack...why don't you test it on me. Preform you strongest attack. I give you permission. I give you all permission. (I posted in the Metaphysics forum information abaout me which could be used for an attack). Do what ever you can, and I will post truthfully if anythiong happens. If I have a bad dream, if I hurt myself, whatever. Do your best to attack me. I want you to. Because I am covered by a force more powerful than anything that exists in the entire universe.

[/quote}

And your faith protects you. If I attack you, and your faith is as you say, you won't feel anything. You win your argument in your mind. If I attack you and I fail, you win because nothing happened. If I don't attack you then you win because you'll say I'm not powerful enough to do so.

I choose not to attack you because experience has taught me that attacking the wrong person will come back to me one way or another. If your faith is as strong as you say it is, me attacking you would be a waste of time anyways and I'd still suffer the consequences. Your permission dosen't matter, the only way would be for me to counter your attacks against me. But there is no profit in doing so in the first place.

I used to be atacked every night as a child. but when I gew, and reaffirmed my faith, my dreams totally reversed themselves. Now I have complete dominion over my dreams. I am the master of them, dictating what will happen in them. If something happenes that I don't like, and cannot control, I simply end the dream.

Heh... you do the same thing most of us do. There is no shame in running away from battle. Being able to end the dream is one of the most important abilities you have. If nothing else everyone in the world should be able to do at least that.

For those who are reading here's a hint on how to do so. Write down your dreams in a Journal. Use as much detail as you can remeber. Don't worry if you don't remeber it all. Eventually you'll gain a higher awareness of the dreams and will be able to control them.

There is no hiding, there is only fighting. And we as humans have no power by ourselves to do so. Don't use the logic of man to fight them. Only the power of the God who created them can seal them.

Again, if you are so skilled, I invite you to attack me in any way shape or form you can. Infact, I want you to. All of you. Attack me with everything you have. I'll provide any information about myself that will help you on this quest.

379659[/snapback]

Fine, I need your social security number, bank account numbers, three copies of your signature, birth certificate and just in case, a copy of your drivers licence and a blood sample. I'm joking - but wanted to make a point.

You shouldn't leave yourself so open. Those who are predetermined towards evil will take advantage of that. There are some attacks you won't be able to counter. Of course you believe your faith will protect you 100%... Which is good in some ways, bad in others. You think I don't rely enough on God. I think you rely on Him too much.

Yes he's infallible. But maybe he wants you to learn a lesson and won't protect you one time. What will you do then?

These last few months I have been having problems with life personally and socially, more than usually...for some reason I swore off God and kept it up, but after this dream it has showed me a new meaning of the higher power that people speak of, that whatever it is it won't turn its back on me...

I do believe that the people who recieve this dream were perhaps chosen or maybe its a test of faith to see who will fight this war...The way this war is described as "Good" versus "Evil" is not as accurate as "Heaven" versus "Hell" because its already been mentioned that its difficult or maybe impossible to distinguish good from evil or vice versa

I would like to have another dream of this in order to find more answers and see what is needed of me and why whatever it was came to me...

These last few months I have been having problems with life personally and socially, more than usually...for some reason I swore off God and kept it up, but after this dream it has showed me a new meaning of the higher power that people speak of, that whatever it is it won't turn its back on me...

As is the nature of God, it seems.

I do believe that the people who recieve this dream were perhaps chosen or maybe its a test of faith to see who will fight this war...The way this war is described as "Good" versus "Evil" is not as accurate as "Heaven" versus "Hell" because its already been mentioned that its difficult or maybe impossible to distinguish good from evil or vice versa

An accurate observation I think.

I would like to have another dream of this in order to find more answers and see what is needed of me and why whatever it was came to me...

You can ask for dreams. You can ask for any signs you like really. If you ask what you percieve to be God in faith to reveal himself to you, he will, if you want him to. And it seems you do want him to. I won't say much more, other than that he wants you, regardless of whether or not you want him.