Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Footage of baby badgers at play

badgers

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 36,901 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Wildlife experts say there are hopes the relatively mild winter has been good news for Scotland's badgers, with higher than usual numbers of cubs being born this year.

These pictures show a family or "clan" with a total of five cubs at a secret location in a wood owned by Woodland Trust Scotland.

Badgers usually have no more than three cubs, but numbers fell sharply following severe winter weather in previous years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-19214951

This is refreshing to see. The only badgers I've seen have been roadkill.

Posted Image

#2    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ive only seen dead ones too but ive heard them scrap during the night...make a hell of a racket.They are gorgeous little things though..... :) ..

Edited by BrianPotter, 11 August 2012 - 01:00 PM.


#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 36,901 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 11 August 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

but ive heard them scrap during the night...make a hell of a racket.
I haven't even got that close to any live ones!

Posted Image

#4    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 August 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

I haven't even got that close to any live ones!


I'm lucky in that respect because we have a few setts near me and a guy will take you out at night to see them.The guy is imaginatively known as Badger by the locals... :D ...must have taken them years to come up with that name.!


eta...sad side is you get people coming down from Durham badger baiting....scum that they are.. :angry:

Edited by BrianPotter, 11 August 2012 - 01:46 PM.


#5    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 36,901 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostBrianPotter, on 11 August 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I'm lucky in that respect because we have a few setts near me and a guy will take you out at night to see them.The guy is imaginatively known as Badger by the locals... :D ...must have taken them years to come up with that name.!


eta...sad side is you get people coming down from Durham badger baiting....scum that they are.. :angry:
lol..good name he has!  It would be nice to go and see the badgers. You are lucky to have the opportunity B)

Badger baiting - wow how cruel. There always has to be someone who can't leave 'nature' alone. Very sad.to hear of things like that going on :(

Posted Image

#6    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 August 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

lol..good name he has!  It would be nice to go and see the badgers. You are lucky to have the opportunity B)

Badger baiting - wow how cruel. There always has to be someone who can't leave 'nature' alone. Very sad.to hear of things like that going on :(

Hmmm..living in the countryside is lovely but does have its bad side that you have to witness... :(

Edited by BrianPotter, 11 August 2012 - 02:24 PM.






Also tagged with badgers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users