Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#4606    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,676 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View Postzoser, on 10 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

And the fact that vitrification is a known result of high temperature doesn't indicate a slight flaw in the sandpaper argument?

zoser - who didnt know Peru can freeze till I proved it for him, keeps banging on about smooth shiny rocks and that they CAN ONLY  be done by heat...now I posted a link a day or 2 back so I wouldnt forget to bring something up...then I forgot about it... :blush:

but its come back again.. (thanks to zoser for endlessly repeating things)

so heres a highly polished slab of rock. click for bigger

Attached File  polished.jpg   71.19K   11 downloads

image source
http://www.physicalg...ntals/10af.html

know what polished that? Its wasnt heat...nor man...

But a glacier...ice and time

so as we are informed by zoser that Peru doesnt freeze, to further prove this...heres a huge glacier...(in Peru)

http://en.wikipedia....aya_Glacier.jpg

So would it not be entirely possible, and plausible, that some already polished rocks were used?

Not that I feel I have to find reasons for pumapunku... my mind is already made up but I do like to prove zoser wrong.

Only high heat can polish? think again...

Edited by seeder, 11 January 2013 - 09:37 AM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4607    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,957 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postseeder, on 11 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

zoser - who didnt know Peru can freeze till I proved it for him, keeps banging on about smooth shiny rocks and that they CAN ONLY  be done by heat...now I posted a link a day or 2 back so I wouldnt forget to bring something up...then I forgot about it... :blush:

but its come back again.. (thanks to zoser for endlessly repeating things)

so heres a highly polished slab of rock. click for bigger

Attachment polished.jpg

image source
http://www.physicalg...ntals/10af.html

know what polished that? Its wasnt heat...nor man...

But a glacier...ice and time

so as we are informed by zoser that Peru doesnt freeze, to further prove this...heres a huge glacier...(in Peru)

http://en.wikipedia....aya_Glacier.jpg

So would it not be entirely possible, and plausible, that some already polished rocks were used?

Not that I feel I have to find reasons for pumapunku... my mind is already made up but I do like to prove zoser wrong.

Only high heat can polish? think again...
I have another to add to the list now. :yes:

Zoser, you have completely failed at every debate you've had in this thread.   You have been shown to be lacking education time and time again. When real evidence is given, you just skip over it and refuse to comment on it.   Then you go on with the same BS again and again.
You still believe
99.9% of researches are lying.
.01% of researchers are telling the truth even though they are making loads of money for spewing their BS.

These are all things that you have posted in this thread.   (Newcomers, this is no joke.   Zoser actually used these to plead his case).
If it is on video then it is real.
500 years ago was the stone age.
It never freezes in Peru.
Humans cannot move large rocks.
If it is on the History Channel then it must be true.
The show Ancient Aliens is 100% fact.
Only high heat can polish.

Let's not forget how you feel that anything can be labled as being precise.

#4608    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMyles, on 11 January 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

I have another to add to the list now. :yes:

Zoser, you have completely failed at every debate you've had in this thread.   You have been shown to be lacking education time and time again. When real evidence is given, you just skip over it and refuse to comment on it.   Then you go on with the same BS again and again.
You still believe
99.9% of researches are lying.
.01% of researchers are telling the truth even though they are making loads of money for spewing their BS.

These are all things that you have posted in this thread.   (Newcomers, this is no joke.   Zoser actually used these to plead his case).
If it is on video then it is real.
500 years ago was the stone age.
It never freezes in Peru.
Humans cannot move large rocks.
If it is on the History Channel then it must be true.
The show Ancient Aliens is 100% fact.
Only high heat can polish.

Let's not forget how you feel that anything can be labled as being precise.
i love how angry it makes people.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4609    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Never going to trust you to build a bridge.

Yet you could never convincingly explain in a hundred years how they achieved that one example of craftsmanship.
That is a fact, if I were trying to convince someone with their head in the place I referred to in my previous response to you.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4610    Harte

Harte

• 8,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostHasina, on 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

Good point. I'll ponder on this one.
Amazing that light reflects off stone?

A drilled hole is polished by the bit.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#4611    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostHarte, on 11 January 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Amazing that light reflects off stone?

A drilled hole is polished by the bit.

Harte
I haven't had the time to look at the video to be honest. Is it just a hole that was drilled by an actual drill bit or is it one of those 'mysterious ancient "perfect holes"'. (The multiple layers of quotes was needed to contain the hilarity)

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4612    Harte

Harte

• 8,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostHasina, on 11 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I haven't had the time to look at the video to be honest. Is it just a hole that was drilled by an actual drill bit or is it one of those 'mysterious ancient "perfect holes"'. (The multiple layers of quotes was needed to contain the hilarity)
A tube saw cut that hole.

A tube saw that is hand powered will make hundreds of thousands of revolutions in the hole.  This along with the sand abrasive used to do the actual cutting is more than enough to polish the inside of the hole, as long as the rock is hard enough to take a polish.

As you may imagine, softer stones won't polish through continuous rubbing like a harder stone will.

Harte

#4613    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostHarte, on 11 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

A tube saw cut that hole.

A tube saw that is hand powered will make hundreds of thousands of revolutions in the hole.  This along with the sand abrasive used to do the actual cutting is more than enough to polish the inside of the hole, as long as the rock is hard enough to take a polish.

As you may imagine, softer stones won't polish through continuous rubbing like a harder stone will.

Harte
Sounds logical to me, but I haven't found any images of hand powered tube saws, though I haven't seen any aliens either.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4614    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

<snip>

"Aliens" (a whole village) moving a huge stone:
http://www.videopedi...ire-Part-2-of-6

<snip>

A screenshot from the video:

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 11 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#4615    Harte

Harte

• 8,610 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostHasina, on 11 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Sounds logical to me, but I haven't found any images of hand powered tube saws, though I haven't seen any aliens either.
From an Egyptian tomb relief showing how they made stone vases. This pic shows them using a boring tool which was applied after the tubular drill.

Posted Image

Below is a diagram of the bow drill (copper tube) used by Denys Stocks in his recreation of the Egyptian coring process:

Posted Image

Source for both: Archae Solenhofen

Reading that page is very edumacational.

Harte

#4616    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostHarte, on 11 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Reading that page is very edumacational.

Harte
Well, bust my kneecaps and call me Shortie. Now Harte, does this make more logical sense then, say, aliens joy riding to Earth to shoot lasers into rocks?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4617    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Well, that's the trouble with boring tools. They're... boring.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4618    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

And I want to add this to Harte's post about Egyptian tools (and I know from experience in this thread that a repeat now and then won't hurt):

Posted Image

(...) a bas-relief from the tomb of Mera, at SAQQARAH (VI dynasty, 3Millenium B.C., Egypt) shows the hollowing out of "Egyptian alabaster" (CaCO3) vases by a liquid contained in a water skin or bladder. An experiment of interest was to compare the "bio-tooling" technique with the shaping of a hole using a steel tool and the quartz sand technique recommended by prehistorians. The hole resulting from sand abrasion has rough walls, whereas bio-tooling gives a smooth finish.”

Don't forget to read the rest of the pdf.

http://www.geopolyme...df/CemPlant.pdf
http://www.unexplain...95#entry4587189

#4619    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 January 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Fire in the hole!

See above post old boy.

I will assume you meant post 4559 with the video titled "Real ancient technology found in Cuzco, Peru"  If that's not the correct post please let me know.

I watched the video from start to finish.  Some parts of the video it was impossible for me to make out what the person was saying as it seemed he wasn't speaking directly into the microphone but away from it.  However here is my assessment:

For starters let me post an image of a standard stone drill bit.

Posted Image

You can see it has a channel that helps remove the debris as the hole is drilled.

The video mostly revolves around one specific hole and the narrator talks about how it was made with a high speed rotary or vibrational tool.  He then goes on to describe the score marks as debris that was pushed ahead of the tool as the hole was made.

The title of the video and the narrators comment about his belief of the type of tool used are misleading as nothing of a technological nature is shown at all during the video.  The remark about the debris being pushed through the hole as it was made is quite telling and is the reason for posting the image of a stone bit.  High technology would have removed the debris as the hole was being drilled to keep the bit from binding in the hole so there wouldn't be any debris to be pushed through the hole as it was being made.  The existence of the debris marks shows a decidedly low tech approach to drilling the hole.

Of course that video has nothing to do with my post concerning a lack of evidence for molding so your fire in the hole basically fizzled.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#4620    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Never going to trust you to build a bridge.

Yet you could never convincingly explain in a hundred years how they achieved that one example of craftsmanship.

That's funny you'd say that too. I was going to ask if it came up again if anyone would trust chris dunn to, seeing as how he's not a structural engineer.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.