Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prove your abilities -rake in the $$$$$

Rafterman

Today on Skeptoid:

Prove Your Supernatural Power and Get Rich

If you can demonstrate a power unknown to science, there are people looking to write you a check.

Listen to the short podcast or read the transcript at: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4372

_____

Most have heard of the James Randi $1 million challenge, but you probably didn't know that there's more than double that out there in announced challenges alone. Prove your supernatural/psychic abilities and rake in the cash.

Now I know what you're going to say, "But Raft, I'm not in it for the money and I don't have to prove anything to anyone". But isn't that such a selfish and non-New Agey attitude? Fine, don't keep the money for yourself, but think of all of the good will that could be done with that money - puppies could be rescued, children fed, the Earth saved, etc. How could you sleep at night knowing that starving children could be saved simply by you proving your abilities? And what would be better than taking money from Big Meaney Skeptic types like James Randi?

So all of you dowsers, psychics, mediums, aura readers, healers, etc., dust off that Third Eye and get to work.

I for one will be rooting the strongest for you.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

............................ wow that all im going to say

I don't know if this counts as supernatural, but I can down a gallon of Ice tea in about 12 seconds. Does this qualify?????????Where is my check??

• Like 2

I don't know if this counts as supernatural, but I can down a gallon of Ice tea in about 12 seconds. Does this qualify?????????Where is my check??

lmao this made me almost srpout my coffee from my nostrels

i can make my kids litsen to me for more than 30 seconds at a time, i would like to be paid now as well

• Like 2

The links are in the transcript - feel free to apply.

sorry man didnt mean to humor on your post, just having a little fun

• Like 1

sorry man didnt mean to humor on your post, just having a little fun

It's all good - we need more humor around here anyway.

• Like 1

Randi will nit test those that might have a legitimate claim. Be has even insulted and refused to test mirisla Magola. I have not been able to find anything debunking him other than bias opinion about his character. Regardless randis comments about him show his true character. Calling the man an unwashed lier. So far unless someone has info that I can't find it would seem that randi is the dishonest one.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright

Most have heard of the James Randi $1 million challenge, but you probably didn't know that there's more than double that out there in announced challenges alone. Prove your supernatural/psychic abilities and rake in the cash.

Yeah. Don´t hold your breath.

I would happily bet my entire net worth (whatever little there is), safe in the knowledge that it won´t happen.

Still, the believers stick to their faith.

Randi will nit test those that might have a legitimate claim. Be has even insulted and refused to test mirisla Magola. I have not been able to find anything debunking him other than bias opinion about his character. Regardless randis comments about him show his true character. Calling the man an unwashed lier. So far unless someone has info that I can't find it would seem that randi is the dishonest one.

*snip*

Untrue. Anyone can apply.

Besides, if you don't like Randi's challenge, try any or all of the others. The one in Europe is even more money.

The point that most miss is that all of these groups - even Randi himself - desperately want someone to take this money. They want someone to be able to show that they have these abilities.

Untrue. Anyone can apply.

Besides, if you don't like Randi's challenge, try any or all of the others. The one in Europe is even more money.

The point that most miss is that all of these groups - even Randi himself - desperately want someone to take this money. They want someone to be able to show that they have these abilities.

It is true. Anyone can apply, but he only test those he knows will fail. Research the exchanges between Margola and Randi, you might be surprised at Randy's behavior. Margola is happy to be tested in an open forum, he submits to any testing anyone wants. Discovery channel wanted to run a documentary on him but they wanted the film rights to his demonstrations. Basically he had to agree that no one else could film him for profit except discovery. Randi refuses to test him openly. It's funny, just after writing this I saw that the previous video from stan lees superhumans was removed because it violated copyrights. Just search for it yourself on YouTube.

He openly rises to any challenges randi smirks about. Randi asks for talcum poweder, he does it, randi askes for gloves, he does it. Still Randi will not meet with him. I'm open for some debunking info if anyone has any?

Edited by Seeker79

i think this is getting a bit off topic from what the OP wanted now.......just saying

i think this is getting a bit off topic from what the OP wanted now.......just saying

Not at all. There is a man trying to proove is abilities and rake in the $$$$$$

lol i wonder how much you would get if you had the "hulk" condition

lol i wonder how much you would get if you had the "hulk" condition

Nothing. It wouldn't be paranormal. It would be a chemical induced condition and even if unexplainable it would not qualify. This will be crux of any legitimate challenge. A person can have magnetic capabilities, but upon study if something like control of the iron in the blood somehow allowed a person to create and manipulate magnetic fields, then those holding the cash would say not paranormal just unusual or unique biological function and not eligible for any prize money. Ultimately there is no paranormal, just lak of the full picture. Even if one had amazing telekinetic powers the prize money would not be available because ultimately the lawyers would have their day.

Nothing. It wouldn't be paranormal. It would be a chemical induced condition and even if unexplainable it would not qualify. This will be crux of any legitimate challenge. A person can have magnetic capabilities, but upon study if something like control of the iron in the blood somehow allowed a person to create and manipulate magnetic fields, then those holding the cash would say not paranormal just unusual or unique biological function and not eligible for any prize money. Ultimately there is no paranormal, just lak of the full picture. Even if one had amazing telekinetic powers the prize money would not be available because ultimately the lawyers would have their day.

that is true, like what is it they are seeking like full on wizardry? the poops my daughter makes are pretty supernatural