Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Possible Extra-Terrestrial Life Discovered

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 29 October 2002 - 09:52 AM

Indian scientists have allegedly discovered signs of Extra Terrestrial organisms living some 41km above the earths surface.

--------------------------------------------------------
New Delhi - Indian researchers believe they have discovered traces of extraterrestrial life in the shape of microbes in samples they collected outside the Earth's sphere, the Press Trust of India reported on Monday.

Jayant Narlikar from the Indian Space Research Organisation announced during a lecture on The Search For Extraterrestrial Life in Nagpur, Maharashtra, that they had made the discovery a few weeks ago, but were double-checking their findings.

"Micro-organisms resembling coccus, fungal and rod-like bacillus were discovered in samples collected 41km above the earth's surface," said Narlikar.
---------------------------------------------------------

Click Here for the complete story.

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 29 October 2002 - 03:14 PM

We may finally have definite proof!!   :o
           Nice find, Saruman!   ;)

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 12:07 AM

I wonder if this will pan out better than the on-again off-again "life on Mars". They're a tricky bunch, those mars-folk! :s1

#4    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 08:59 AM

I read a news paper story about this the other day and got quite excited about the fact that we may be able to prove that things are capable of survival outside of the Earth and its atmosphere . Although in the article I read the scientists had only identified the microrganisms by there shape and appearance and were still making sure that the micro organisms where not a type of physical erosion.
  p.s. the other day was about 27 of october . I hope they update us on this find soon :sk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users