Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elementals

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 March 2002 - 07:10 PM

Homer,
     Thanks for the 5 cents!! You're too generous!  ;D
     I think Becca_gurl has mentioned in another post,  about dimensions touching each other,  and the results of that happening.  It definitely is thought provoking!

KC

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 07:18 PM

Thanks Nora, I thought that sounded familiar, but I forgot where I got it from. It is thought provoking, like you said.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 March 2002 - 07:42 PM

Homer,

I think maybe the reason why some people have these 'sightings' more than others,  is because their bodies (or energies) are more in tune to it,  closer to that other dimension.  

How much was that worth?  :P

Helen Keller

#19    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 08:17 PM

[blue]
It is foolish of some humans to believe that all they see, hear, touch, taste, smell is all that there is to sense. Also, it is narrowminded to believe that just because we can see, we can see all that there is to see.

The universe is a pretty big place, and our own experience of it is miniscule. All the bets are off. We cannot possibly know yet all that there is to know. Our minds should be firmly open, not closed off by our arrogance.

We don't have cents here, so I'll say: I'll get down off my soapbox now.
:s04
[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#20    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 March 2002 - 08:44 PM

LB,

You need to get more serious about your convictions!!  J/K  ;D
          I completely agree with you.  If only everyone thought that way.  We should all have open minds.  Ignorance also keeps the doors closed.

You can have the box back now. :s04

Helen Keller

#21    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 March 2002 - 09:52 PM

An open mind with a healthy dose of scepticism is best I feel, as there are too many charlatans in this world.

A lot of animals have recently been proved to be able to sense magnetic fields - this is how homing pigeons find their way home and wild geese migrate and sharks know their territory. Recently also there has been a lot of study of the effects of strong magnetic fields on the human brain, where volunteers have experienced what seems to be the paranormal in laboratory tests.

Could this be what these animals were sensing?

Gizzie - I can see how it would be possible for your cat to know it's rival was outside (smell, hearing) and stretching credulity a bit your dog could of heard the noises of the floor going, before human ears could pick it up. His realisation of what the noise meant, and the ramifications of what would happen to anyone in the room added to the problem solving of what to do next makes Apollo one truly smart dog. You sure he didn't just happen to want to go walkies at that moment in time?  ;D
Claudia saving your boyfriend is inexplicable apart from coincedence or the paranormal - unless you got her from the bomb squad... the sound of a bomb in the split second of it going off and the visual affect would be near instantaneous. The further away they were standing from the bomb, the more likely the explosion would be seen before the noise of the bomb starting to explode, so it rules that completely out.
Your horse well thats just plain odd and could be anything - but i like your unicorn explaination :)

never take me too seriously

#22    Logic

Logic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 03:38 PM

Nature spirits which include elementals are believed to be various types of beings or spirits which inhabit Nature. The belief in their existence was almost universal in the ancient era of religions which embodied animism. This belief still exists among many people who believe that all things possess life, which is especially true among most occultists and Neo-pagan witches. These spirits are thought to possess supernatural powers and are usually invisible to humans, save those possessing the psychic ability of clairvoyance.
Elementals are of a lower type of nature spirit. They are believed to exist as the life force in all living things. They are said to even exist in the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water; the planets, stars, and the signs of the zodiac; and the hours of the day and night. :sr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users