Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Sightings of People Still Alive

BKKToni

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and your willingness to help out in any way!

I understand the concept of ghosts who were once humans who have passed over. I also believe there are ghosts and spirits all around us, even if I can't see or hear them. However, what do you call it when you can see sightings of people who are still alive, can be seen but are not there? Here are two examples from the restaurant where we work to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

1) A few days ago, my chef was sitting at the table inside alone and the server was outside, but can see inside through the glass. As she went to go do something and came back she saw one other server sitting next to the chef. She was surprised because he hadn't been there for weeks due to the Bangkok flooding. After was finished cleaning the tables, she went inside to talk to server, she didn't see him. Figuring he went to the restroom, she asked the chef who was still sitting and doing paperwork where was the server? He looked confused? She told him she just saw the server sitting next to him - white t-shirt, funky hairstyle (common for him) and was looking down at something. The chef got freaked because no one was inside the restaurant but him!

2) A few days earlier, two staff members were sitting at the same table waiting for customers to arrive and saw one other staff member coming back to the restaurant. They both saw the staff member coming back AND the server from the first story following behind. They were surprised because it was her day off. They looked away to chat again when the staff member came in. Figuring the server decided to go around back, one of the girls got up to unlock the back door, but the server wasn't there. When they asked the staff member where was the server who was walking behind her just now, she freaked out too because she thought she came back alone.

Both servers are very much alive and in good health. How is this possible? Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. BTW, there have been sightings and noises in the restaurant, but usually during the evening or at night. Both sightings described above happened during the day. I personally have never seen anything, nor do I care to :P but have heard things a few times. I don't feel any negative energy and neither does the staff, but still a bit freaky.

Again thank you for reading this and look forward to whatever you've got. Take care and have a great weekend!

Toni

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and your willingness to help out in any way!

I understand the concept of ghosts who were once humans who have passed over. I also believe there are ghosts and spirits all around us, even if I can't see or hear them. However, what do you call it when you can see sightings of people who are still alive, can be seen but are not there? Here are two examples from the restaurant where we work to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

1) A few days ago, my chef was sitting at the table inside alone and the server was outside, but can see inside through the glass. As she went to go do something and came back she saw one other server sitting next to the chef. She was surprised because he hadn't been there for weeks due to the Bangkok flooding. After was finished cleaning the tables, she went inside to talk to server, she didn't see him. Figuring he went to the restroom, she asked the chef who was still sitting and doing paperwork where was the server? He looked confused? She told him she just saw the server sitting next to him - white t-shirt, funky hairstyle (common for him) and was looking down at something. The chef got freaked because no one was inside the restaurant but him!

2) A few days earlier, two staff members were sitting at the same table waiting for customers to arrive and saw one other staff member coming back to the restaurant. They both saw the staff member coming back AND the server from the first story following behind. They were surprised because it was her day off. They looked away to chat again when the staff member came in. Figuring the server decided to go around back, one of the girls got up to unlock the back door, but the server wasn't there. When they asked the staff member where was the server who was walking behind her just now, she freaked out too because she thought she came back alone.

Both servers are very much alive and in good health. How is this possible? Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. BTW, there have been sightings and noises in the restaurant, but usually during the evening or at night. Both sightings described above happened during the day. I personally have never seen anything, nor do I care to :P but have heard things a few times. I don't feel any negative energy and neither does the staff, but still a bit freaky.

Again thank you for reading this and look forward to whatever you've got. Take care and have a great weekend!

Toni

Maybe it was a doppelganger .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/doppelganger

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.

Hi Toni. You say these people are alive and well so I assume you have spoken with them since the incidents occured? It would certainly be unusual to see two different members of staff appearing as ghosts. Could it possibly be the person (who saw them) just thinking he/she saw them due to the fact that they have not been in the restaurant for while and is maybe missing them? Maybe worrying about them due to the floods here in Bangkok has made them more sensitive. Other than that I cannot explain why this occured. :)

And you too have a great (long) weekend. Its the King's B.day on Monday so public hols :)

• Like 1

I've never heard of or experienced anything like this myself, but according to some interpretations of quantum mechanics, our universe may be split into multiple copies of itself that exist in different time lines.

In other words, perhaps the person who was/wasn't there exists in a slightly different version of our universe, and in that universe was sitting next to the chef. These split-off universes exist unseen in their own set of dimensions, but perhaps for a moment one of these converged with ours and that is why that person appeared momentarily.

The Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

Many-worlds implies that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). It is also referred to as Many Worlds Interpretation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Edited by StarMountainKid

It is sort of a forewarning of a persons arrival before they get to the destination. I had it happen to me several times with people I knew.

My mother has seen doppelgangers on several occasions. I have only heard the arrival of people before they actually came - called a vardogyr.

Sometimes these visions are harmless, just a psychic projection of sorts. But some cultures consider it a sign that the spirit is trying to leave the body - i.e. astral projection.

Still others believe that a missing/disunited part of the person's spirit is trying to reconnect itself - i.e. "soul retrieval".

Finally, there is the old teutonic belief that these incidents are actually malevolent and jealous ghosts looking to attempt a hostile takeover - i.e. possession. This phenomenon has been written about by several authors using terms like "walk-ins". Occasionally the same motives are ascribed to aliens, and some are considered to be "good".

The fact that it has been witnessed on two occasions, seeing different people, and by more than one person makes me think it is more likely spirits than astral projection or a soul retrieval issue. Still, it does not sound harmful freom what you write.

On another forum we talking about NDE`s, a man said he had died and went to the other side, he said his wife that was still alive was there.Could it be we are all really there the dead and the alive in astal bodies in our sleep and can travel anywhere, but our minds are not aware of it on awaking.

I've heard of those from someone talking about parallel universes, but not sure. It doesn't like anything foreboding. Thank you for showing me that definition. Very helpful!

Hi Toni. You say these people are alive and well so I assume you have spoken with them since the incidents occured? It would certainly be unusual to see two different members of staff appearing as ghosts. Could it possibly be the person (who saw them) just thinking he/she saw them due to the fact that they have not been in the restaurant for while and is maybe missing them? Maybe worrying about them due to the floods here in Bangkok has made them more sensitive. Other than that I cannot explain why this occured. :)

And you too have a great (long) weekend. Its the King's B.day on Monday so public hols :)

I've since spoken to the girl and all is well with her and the guy dealing with the flood. We'll be back Thursday. Big hugs are going to him! Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too! :)

I've never heard of or experienced anything like this myself, but according to some interpretations of quantum mechanics, our universe may be split into multiple copies of itself that exist in different time lines.

In other words, perhaps the person who was/wasn't there exists in a slightly different version of our universe, and in that universe was sitting next to the chef. These split-off universes exist unseen in their own set of dimensions, but perhaps for a moment one of these converged with ours and that is why that person appeared momentarily.

The Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

That was the explaination I gave to them as well, but wasn't sure personally. Definitely not as scary as thinking it a ghosts. I'll check out your link that you offered. Thanks so much!

My mother has seen doppelgangers on several occasions. I have only heard the arrival of people before they actually came - called a vardogyr.

Sometimes these visions are harmless, just a psychic projection of sorts. But some cultures consider it a sign that the spirit is trying to leave the body - i.e. astral projection.

Still others believe that a missing/disunited part of the person's spirit is trying to reconnect itself - i.e. "soul retrieval".

Finally, there is the old teutonic belief that these incidents are actually malevolent and jealous ghosts looking to attempt a hostile takeover - i.e. possession. This phenomenon has been written about by several authors using terms like "walk-ins". Occasionally the same motives are ascribed to aliens, and some are considered to be "good".

The fact that it has been witnessed on two occasions, seeing different people, and by more than one person makes me think it is more likely spirits than astral projection or a soul retrieval issue. Still, it does not sound harmful freom what you write.

I think it will be ok. It doesn't negative at all, I'm just very curious about this. Now I wonder if spirits can take on the appearance of people we know. What would be the purpose - to create awareness of their presence or a type of communication? Not sure, but just going with the flow. How did your mother react to seeing them?

On another forum we talking about NDE`s, a man said he had died and went to the other side, he said his wife that was still alive was there.Could it be we are all really there the dead and the alive in astal bodies in our sleep and can travel anywhere, but our minds are not aware of it on awaking.

I've heard about NDEs and watched a mini movie about it. Very fascinating indeed!

you just blew my mind, man. that makes total sense :tu: i mean, what if we are all there, and this is a dream?

Edited by gnostic-deity

• 1 year later...

okay so twice i have experienced seeing people that are alive but not with me. the first time i was in my bathroom looking in the mirror, and in the mirror i can see my sons full length mirrored closet doors. i could see my 1year old sons reflection in his closet doors. i called out to my sons fatherand asked ifour son was with him him in the living room. he said yes he is. when i looked into back into the mirror and saw no one was in my sons room. a few weeks later the exact same thing happened again.early this morning around 2:30am my mother was spending the night and was laying on my couch and seen me walk out of my room and into the kitchen. she thought i was getting a drink and after a minute didnt hear anything coming from the kitchen. she said i didnt look at her but was walking slowly staring off into space. she went to the kitchen and i was not there. she came to my room and asked me ai had went into the kitchen. i toldnher no i hadnt left my roobetween the both of our expieriences we both had a bad feeling when seeing what we saw. i have had other strange things happening to me over. the years. it was very freaky and i dont know why it is happening. can anyone explain why this is happening and what it is?

Not exactly a spooky story, but twice I've been reported as being seen somewhere where I definitely wasn't.

A friend of mine once got quite annoyed with me because I ignored her. She was buying coffee in a café and I was her server and I totally ignored her and didn't acknowledge her and even when she said hello to me and called me by name I just stared at her and walked away. She thought I was embarrassed to be seen with her. Turns out I didn't work in that café, but I was a student at the college where it was. She assumed when she "me" serving that I was working there to earn money for college and thought I was making excuses for my behaviour when I told her I didn't work there.

A similar thing happened when someone saw me working the cash register at a fancy dress / party accessories shop that I'd never even been in before in my life.

More evidence supporting my theory of angels and demons taking human form.

How are you sure you saw that exact server? To me all asians look very similar, if not the same... :) ok that was a bad joke :D Sorry.

Seriously, i think it's the problem with restaurant. Have it checked for uderwater streams or some other form of energy flow. As far as i know, there is a possibility of certain space to "record" something that happened there enough times. Like people passing by, or just standing in some spots.. humans might leave psychic imprints on some areas.Such imprints that repeat themselves like old recording are often confused with ghost sightings. Other possibility that that server was dreaming about work at that moment, so he astrally traveled and sat by the chef. there are several topics on the forums about such phenomenon.

From my own studies and experience.... Which is of course just conjecture .... "The Supernatural" exists, (to prove it, "I've accepted" will never happen)... But to explain it!!..... I will say only that I believe it's malicious, and Mis-leading.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Amalthe

Seriously, i think it's the problem with restaurant. Have it checked for uderwater streams or some other form of energy flow. As far as i know, there is a possibility of certain space to "record" something that happened there enough times. Like people passing by, or just standing in some spots.. humans might leave psychic imprints on some areas.Such imprints that repeat themselves like old recording are often confused with ghost sightings. Other possibility that that server was dreaming about work at that moment, so he astrally traveled and sat by the chef. there are several topics on the forums about such phenomenon.

I think this is called residule hauntings. Just as you said, something so traumatic or energized left a memory and played out. I think I read somewhere where a woman was being haunted by a girl haunting and came to find out it was her as a girl. I have heard and read how water is one of a few things that would provide the energy to attract and feed on ghosts, and residule hauntings as well, I would think.

You know, I have heard about astral projections on numerous occasions, so it's interesting this is happening here. Did these individuals looked distracted?

I also think that maybe it's a dead soul projecting as someone you know to mess with you. I say this as a thought maybe it's that, because I have had ghosts in my home call me in my husband's voice.

Not only that, but think for a second what it would be like to be in a realm where time as we know it doesn't exist.

Maybe it was the spirit of someone else that made themselves appear to look like this other person so they might not be noticed for a ghost.

Hello everyone,

I understand the concept of ghosts who were once humans who have passed over. I also believe there are ghosts and spirits all around us, even if I can't see or hear them.

I understand that to. Kinda a Invasion of Privacy if you think about it lol.

Maybe it was the spirit of someone else that made themselves appear to look like this other person so they might not be noticed for a ghost.

Or maybe it's a demon tricking you into believing it's a ghost... After all, MANY paranormal enthuseists don't follow Jesus Christ. It just kinda makes sense...

• 4 years later...

I had something like this happen to me about 10 years ago when I was 13. It was a period of about a week where not only me but my entire family had a Doppleganger experience. 

The first experience was mine, I had walked into my room and was startled to see my mom looking out my window with the curtain pulled back. Keep in mind she looked EXACTLY like she did that day same clothes same hair everything. I laughed and asked why she was looking out the window and she turned and looked at me fast and had this startled look on her face before LITERALLY vanishing in front of my eyes. As soon as she disappeared I heard her talking to the dogs outside and I looked out my window and THERE SHE WAS IN THE BACK ****ING YARD PLAYING WITH THE DOGS!!!! I was on the 2nd floor also!!! 

A few days later my mom had a weird experience the same night I also had another extremely odd encounter. My mom was sitting in my sisters room, which was right across from mine, on the phone with a friend. I had my friend Caroline over that night and we were in my room. My mom describes being startled two different times when she saw my reflection standing in the window behind her only to turn around and it not be there. She said both times she was confused because she could hear me talking to Caroline in my room. A few hours later my parents went to dinner and Caroline and I stayed behind. She was in my room and I had walked out of my room to go and look at the necklaces that my mom had hanging on her bedroom door. It was about the time I started looking at the jewlery when I WATCHED Caroline RUN straight past my moms room and into my sisters room. I laughed "haha caroline I saw you" being the joker that she was I knew she was going to try and scare me she immediately laughed FROM MY ROOM IN THE OTHER DIRECTION and said "what are you talking about?" I froze and knew it was another doppleganger. A few days after that my step dad, who was a full blown skeptic had an experience where he saw my mom walk behind him while he was sitting in the living room watching tv and you can imagine he surprise when she came down the staircase a few minutes later and he asked her if she had just come back down and she told him she had never come down. 

I always had a TON of really odd unexplainable paranormal things happen to me my entire life but that was probably the most insane thing that happened to me because multiple people in my household reported the exact same things. It was insane. I am still not entirely sure what this entity was, if it was a single one. I have read sources that say dopplegangers, demons, and aliens could be the source of phenomena like this but I also remember the same night looking at the clock around 2am and looking back at the clock I SWEAR ON MY LIFE not even a minute later and it being almost 6am. My friend and I had an unexplained time gap that night. Weirdest night of my life. 

-Gracie :3

Edited by AppleShampoo23