Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Underwater city c. 4000 BC found in Croatia

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

I Live About 30km From The Site :) I Am Soo Proud They Have Discovered Something Of Such Great Importance Where I'm From :D

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#17    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,496 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Really cool article N...

Since it mentioned that the dwellings were on wooden pilings, could the site have looked similar to this? (larger of course)
Posted Image

It is a reconstruction of a 'crannog' in Scotland at Loch Tay... The article I got this from stated that at one time these were common all over most of Europe...

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 09 May 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

I Live About 30km From The Site :) I Am Soo Proud They Have Discovered Something Of Such Great Importance Where I'm From :D

I thouhgt you are from Kish.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#19    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostTaun, on 09 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Really cool article N...

Since it mentioned that the dwellings were on wooden pilings, could the site have looked similar to this? (larger of course)
Posted Image

It is a reconstruction of a 'crannog' in Scotland at Loch Tay... The article I got this from stated that at one time these were common all over most of Europe...

Thats propbably how it looks like. But we dont need to reconstruct it. Look African Venice.

http://izismile.com/...ce_35_pics.html

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#20    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Anyway that area is very interesting. We have small ziggurats, stone circles and so on.
Later in that area called Istra lived Illrian tribe called Histri.
Here you can see pictures of their ruined(by romans) city Nesactium.
http://www.unexplain...s.php?cat=8&p=9
In bottom of the link is Roman arena and Temple of Agustus. Man who dont need introduction. ;)
Anyway Istra is regional part of Croatia, close to Italia and bordering with Slovenia.
It has rich history and many legends and stories. Folks stories with mythological beings.
One of the first Slavic stories about Vampyres came from Istra. But this is far later from 4000 BC...Just want to share it with you.

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostTaun, on 09 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Really cool article N...

Posted Image

Probably, but you have to always think that Europe had many more moors and swamps before rivers were worked on after the middle ages, it could also be that the settlement was in an flooding area or a seasonal water accumulation area (like after the snow melt) and therefore built higher than the probable flood. Construction of that type can still be found in many less "developed" areas around the world where flooding is prevalent.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

View Postthe N, on 09 May 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

I thouhgt you are from Kish.

I'm A Bit From Everywhere ;)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#23    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 07 May 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Very interesting. A real sunken city.

No, a neolithic (stone age) settlement that has been submerged due to rising sea levels over the past 8,000 years.   Like many others all around the coasts of Europe (and elsewhere).  Not particularly remarkable, but Interesting to archaeologists, obviously.

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#24    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postthe L, on 06 May 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Nismo baš tako mali. :tu:

And be my guest next time. You are free to correct those mistakes made by google.
Tek san sad vidio ^^
I will, thank you :yes:

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users