Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Vampirism


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#211    Valdera

Valdera

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • things that cannot be explained need not be disregarded as poppycock but cherished as a sign of knowledge we have yet to learn

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 08 July 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life. However, I find the possibility of vampires existing to be absolutely ridiculous. If you drink blood because you think it keeps you alive, not only are you cannibalistic, but you are also delusional and need to be placed in a mental institution.  :sleepy:

a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again. however there is a condition commonly referred to as the vampire disease which is possibly where the stories came from. you will find in most folklore, myth and legend there is some truth from which it all stems. it is not a coincidence most stories have the same base line. anyway this 'vampire' disease causes severe sensitivity to sunlight in which the victims skin does burn and blister almost immediately after being hit with a ray. also they crave a type of plasma that is found in human blood that they are lacking due to the disease. most common place to find plasma? Human blood which is quite often that they seek it out and drink but they cannot sustain on it nor digest it. usually run in vamp circles as it is not suspicious to act this way when you are pretending to be a vampire.


#212    wolfknight

wolfknight

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA Kentucky

  • There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

This guy has some serious mental issues for sure. I have read that the human body can't digest human blood. That you end up vomitting it all up.


#213    Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostValdera, on 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again. however there is a condition commonly referred to as the vampire disease which is possibly where the stories came from. you will find in most folklore, myth and legend there is some truth from which it all stems. it is not a coincidence most stories have the same base line. anyway this 'vampire' disease causes severe sensitivity to sunlight in which the victims skin does burn and blister almost immediately after being hit with a ray. also they crave a type of plasma that is found in human blood that they are lacking due to the disease. most common place to find plasma? Human blood which is quite often that they seek it out and drink but they cannot sustain on it nor digest it. usually run in vamp circles as it is not suspicious to act this way when you are pretending to be a vampire.

Can you source this please?


#214    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I so outgrew this a long time ago. :w00t:


#215    Valdera

Valdera

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • things that cannot be explained need not be disregarded as poppycock but cherished as a sign of knowledge we have yet to learn

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

there are plenty of sources. the disease is called porphyria. just look that up or just vampire disease. scientists and medical professionals have done studies and articles. also i mucked up on what they are deficient in, its heme not plasma, i apologise for that stuff up.
although this article is from the '85 it outlines the majority of the common folklore accessories behind vampirism such as garlic and turning others into vampires.
http://www.nytimes.c...r-vampires.html


#216    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

View Postveledran, on 07 July 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:


note: girls like sparkles....and unicorns....so the next Twitlight movie should have sparkly vampiric unicorns that can take the shape of members of the Jonas Brothers in order to appeal to their audience.)

Now that is frightening!!!!!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#217    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostValdera, on 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:



a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again.

People drink / eat blood all the time.  Almost every culture has some kind of blood drink or food.  See Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, the episode where he goes tho Chile; they have a recipe with fresh lambs blood.  Also, haven't you heard of blood sausage?  Another episode has Andrew in Finland (I think) eating different recipes of blood sausage or cake.  None of the people threw up the blood they consumed.  I've tried it, and although I'm not a fan, I did not throw up either.... ;)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#218    Valdera

Valdera

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:03 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • things that cannot be explained need not be disregarded as poppycock but cherished as a sign of knowledge we have yet to learn

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 22 October 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

People drink / eat blood all the time.  Almost every culture has some kind of blood drink or food.  See Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, the episode where he goes tho Chile; they have a recipe with fresh lambs blood.  Also, haven't you heard of blood sausage?  Another episode has Andrew in Finland (I think) eating different recipes of blood sausage or cake.  None of the people threw up the blood they consumed.  I've tried it, and although I'm not a fan, I did not throw up either.... ;)

cooked is different im talking drinking, like out of the vein. once it is cooked its coagulated and responds differently in our system


#219    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I believe alot of the modern lore of vampires were a combination of superstition, history (Bathory), and the source of derivative popular pulp fiction of 18th-19th century gothic horror writers.

But it was Bram Stoker that popularized or rather canonized the rules that govern vampires  that continue on to today in fiction, film, and pop culture. Even though he wasnt the first to write a vampire story he was the first to basically lay down the ground rules. He had his influences obviously such as the mediocre purple prose of John Polidori or the masterful short story Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.

Edited by Ambush Bug, 23 October 2012 - 09:36 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#220    s33ker

s33ker

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Joined:21 Aug 2012
  • Location:Australia

  • Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Imo its a fetish, some people eat ****e and drink piss or vomit and blood drinkers  fall into this catergory.
lmfao....


#221    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Posts33ker, on 23 October 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Imo its a fetish, some people eat ****e and drink piss or vomit and blood drinkers  fall into this catergory.
lmfao....

That... or a subculture identity invention.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#222    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostValdera, on 23 October 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:



cooked is different im talking drinking, like out of the vein. once it is cooked its coagulated and responds differently in our syst  em

I see a bunch of websites that say, , human blood can make you sick, nausea & vomiting.  But they are saying it's from pathogens found in blood.

So, you are right in a way.  ;)

Edited by Lava_Lady, 24 October 2012 - 01:54 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#223    camochick

camochick

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined:15 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:PA

  • Just Lovley.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postzombeikiller, on 27 September 2010 - 03:15 PM, said:

agreed. oh and if u want to lission to a vampire song. i like this one. i like the beat.
heres a link to lission to the song.  

DUDE DO NOT DISGRACE XANDRIA! Just because a song is named "Vampire" does NOT make it a vampire song. You want to listen to a song about drinking blood? Go find Maryln Manson's Heart Shaped Glasses, it's about a blood orgy. Otherwise do not disgrace fantastic artists and their creativity.



View PostAmbush Bug, on 23 October 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

I believe alot of the modern lore of vampires were a combination of superstition, history (Bathory), and the source of derivative popular pulp fiction of 18th-19th century gothic horror writers.

But it was Bram Stoker that popularized or rather canonized the rules that govern vampires  that continue on to today in fiction, film, and pop culture. Even though he wasnt the first to write a vampire story he was the first to basically lay down the ground rules. He had his influences obviously such as the mediocre purple prose of John Polidori or the masterful short story Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.

Is there any actual proof on Bathory?


Oh and I was niave enough to read all 15 pgs, I must say, it was entertaining. I am a goth, I grew up goth and I love vampire stories, however I am most disappointed to say there is not enough evidence to prove their exsitence. For those of you who believe they are real, maybe they want to STAY HIDDEN AND NOT BE HARRASSED. I would love for vampires to be real. I was totally facinated by Elizbeth's story but let's face it, we can't prove vampires are real, just like we can't prove big foot is real.
I am not here to be a skeptic I am just saying everyone believes different things, so why can't be just accept that and get along? PLEASE, someone tell me Twilight will disappear soon. Who the hell thinks of sparkling vampires, who sneak in minors windows and watch them sleep??? StALKERRRRRRR.... I think I would be more terrified of Edward Cullen than Vlad the Impaler. Oh and in that link in the first post of this massivly long argument, they said "Stella" instead of "Bella," just thought I would point that out.

Edited by camochick, 26 October 2012 - 01:44 PM.

*HUGS*

#224    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Postcamochick, on 26 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Is there any actual proof on Bathory?


Oh and I was niave enough to read all 15 pgs, I must say, it was entertaining. I am a goth, I grew up goth and I love vampire stories, however I am most disappointed to say there is not enough evidence to prove their exsitence. For those of you who believe they are real, maybe they want to STAY HIDDEN AND NOT BE HARRASSED. I would love for vampires to be real. I was totally facinated by Elizbeth's story but let's face it, we can't prove vampires are real, just like we can't prove big foot is real.
I am not here to be a skeptic I am just saying everyone believes different things, so why can't be just accept that and get along? PLEASE, someone tell me Twilight will disappear soon. Who the hell thinks of sparkling vampires, who sneak in minors windows and watch them sleep??? StALKERRRRRRR.... I think I would be more terrified of Edward Cullen than Vlad the Impaler. Oh and in that link in the first post of this massivly long argument, they said "Stella" instead of "Bella," just thought I would point that out.

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia....zabeth_Báthory


#225    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Any person that claims to be a vampire yet, poops, farts, burps, is just plain disillusioned.   If you're putting on make up to create an effect and buying clothes from trendy shops to look the way some other person says vampires are supposed to look then you also fall into the same category.  Just be honest and say you like the style.  You're not a vampire.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users