Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why Roswell Happened

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,806 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Postsandragly79, on 24 April 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

This Battlefield will have no competition!Posted Image  

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#17    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I don't really participate in this category.

But, Roswell was obviously a crash of some sort that the government wanted to keep hidden.
Why?
We can keep on theorizing, but no permanent solution will be called upon..
We already know something is out there, whether it be unknown military aircraft or extraterrestrials, by all of the footage shown.. Not to mention all the eyewitness testimonies.

Why create a question upon the question of what really crashed in Roswell?
Why theorize? I'm sure "aliens" have malfunctions in their machinery.

I guess I should retire myself from this site..

#18    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostHilander, on 24 April 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

I don't know why the military would make such a big deal over a weather balloon though.  Makes me think possibly there was an alien craft but we will never have solid proof of either.

Well, it makes sense if said weather balloon was carrying highly sensitive equipment, like Project Mogul. Honestly, what doesn't make sense for me is if it was indeed an ET craft. You would think that even in 1947 they would have some sense of quarantining as they would have no idea of the risk of biological/chemical/nuclear contamination. In my honest opinion the operation would have been of a caliber that could not go by unnoticed for 30 years if the latter was the case.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#19    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 24 April 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

But, Roswell was obviously a crash of some sort that the government wanted to keep hidden.
Why?
We already know something is out there, whether it be unknown military aircraft or extraterrestrials, by all of the footage shown.. Not to mention all the eyewitness testimonies.

No Oh ! No ! dont retire they only pay you half of what you already dont get in here ! Please grace us with your wisdom,intelligence ,ect point-of-view`s. Please we need new blood !

This is a Work in Progress!

#20    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,876 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Gidday mate!

View Postpsyche101, on 24 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Gidday mate

I agree, it is awesome, and it also does illustrate a mindset. People who claim to be "open minded" have to put their money where their mouth is, and you just do not see that with this hypothesis :D. They just go "shut up would ya" or "I don't believe it" which considering the hypothesis I think really means "I don't get it"  

Indeed.

I know I have grilled Lost Shaman on this, and he answered all my questions beyond my satisfaction. I viewed it with a skeptical eye, but had to admit, it's pretty sound. I would appreciate anyone asking questions,

Oh, I know you have! While not participating I have certainly been following :P

I feel it deserves more exposure than everything Bragalia has contributed to the subject, yet remains in the shadows.

Well, lets not go down the Bragalia path, shall we? That would be an insult to LS!

That seems a crying shame. I hope we can turn that around. Good guy LS, I feel he is often misunderstood as so many can only see believer and skeptic, but he belongs more the the NP (natural phenomena) option, which throws the traditional debaters off balance a little.

He is a skeptic in my point of view. He will question whatever is put in front of him, but with an open mind. As all should do.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,806 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Of course you do, look at you go!

Why?

Officially the crash was a project MOGUL ballon train, consisting of around 28 balloons about 600 foot long, and loaded with sensitive instruments. This was a secret project designed to spy on Russia's atomic weapon program. As such, and being in the thick of the Cold War, the operation was kept secret. The US did not want Russia knowing how they were spying on them, because it would inflate tensions and give Russia a chance to counter the operation so the US would then learn nothing.

But I would recommend the links I have left to Lost Shamans Hypothesis.

I feel if was can restrict ourselves to the documents from the tome frame pertaining to the incident, and the activity around it, and ignore the media hype, then we have a reasonable chance of learning quite a bit about the incident.

It is puzzling that it never leaves the atmosphere and goes into space, or arrives from space don't you think? With all these RADAR confirmations, not one can show us that these things actually come from space. It would seem an earthly phenomena is a far more likely answer. If UFO's are some form of free plasma that can be harnessed, it may well end our energy problems for ever. That too is something we might find rather important.

Because that question generates money, and lots of it, from the towns festival, to media releases, books, movies interviews, the UFO speaking circuit, it is an endless cash cow that near everyone willing to make something up can take a bite of.

Theory is not required, we have many documents we can use for direction.

Do you not feel a malfunction is a bit convenient? Crossing space, only to crash here, right in the tiny corner of the galaxy where the military just happens to be experimenting with a project that utilises materials that happen to match the crafts alleged construction visually exactly?

Why on earth would you do that. You are barely starting to ask questions.

Edited by psyche101, 24 April 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#22    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Easy.
To distract people from anything genuine.
Basically, the armed forces/government did it all. Either something geuinely human made crashed or was made to crash. They get "a reliable witness" to say "it weren't anything like I'd seen before!" and then debunk it in such a way as for it to look poorly handled. People will then pick at it like a scab and ignore any new scars (ie potentially genuine alien crashes).
You get the bonus of saying "look at Roswell, that was misidentification, just like now" for any future events.

It's not out of this world, after all it's what I'd do if I was asked to come up with a "plausible denial" routine.

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 24 April 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#23    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostScudbuster, on 24 April 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

I checked that link - seems like its the usual "let me grab this piece of info and attach it to this tidbit and maybe it'll fly" type of investigation.

Scudbuster,

It wasnt an investigation. That ATS thread is so old! I posted that within 48 hours of contiplating the hypothesis. everything you see there is information that was known I just put it together in a new  way that makes sense.

I have investigated it in the years since and I can't falsify  that hypothesis I proposed all those years ago. It has been  discussed here on UM for years, it is just not all laid out in one place.  The hypothesis itself has been public  for years; but as psyche points out it is not going to help either camp if my hypothesis is true.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I checked that link - seems like its the usual "let me grab this piece of info and attach it to this tidbit and maybe it'll fly" type of investigation.

Actually, YouTube has come along at a great time,  a terrific way to capture testimony before these people are long gone. I wish we had more. Imagine if video capture technology had of existed in say, 1880? Just think of the additional knowledge we would now have of the Cival War period -  quite tantalizing eh?

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#25    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

To me it seems rather obvious that this is a military clean-up of something that they didn't want  found out at the time. LS's hypothesis is, from what I read, not bad at all. Also there are a multitude of things this could have been, a prototype plane, plane recuperated from Nazi research, like the Horten 229, new spy gear balloon test...etc.

Hell for all we know it was a Horten 229 that crashed there. God knows it was a shape that could have been confusing for people at the time and looked exactly like what Kenneth Arnold was describing as well. And yes I'm aware I'm probably not the only one that has had that idea.

Posted Image

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#26    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,771 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I know what you mean....but psyche gets all excited about it.....lol

There wasn't much interest on ATS about it, except for a couple of posters encouraging Lost_Shaman.

It only made it to page 2.

But it was a decent bit of creative speculation.... :D

Actually, YouTube has come along at a great time,  a terrific way to capture testimony before these people are long gone. I wish we had more. Imagine if video capture technology had of existed in say, 1880? Just think of the additional knowledge we would now have of the Cival War period -  quite tantalizing eh?

I agree..... :tu:

ps....thanks for the OP video

#27    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Just a reminder, I started this thread to discuss the video recollections of Lt. Jack Trowbridge...........and others like him for that matter.

#28    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

MAn I want a Horten 229 ! :tu:
Maybe It was four of these that  Happy Arnold saw?

This is a Work in Progress!

#29    Caledonianwarrior

Caledonianwarrior

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostScudbuster, on 24 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Just a reminder, I started this thread to discuss the video recollections of Lt. Jack Trowbridge...........and others like him for that matter.
Fair comment.

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor." -- Sholom Aleichem

#30    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Roswell is as muddy as it possibly can get.

The Roswell campfire legend is a cool fantasy, but as possible evidence of ET its DEAD.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users