Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This is a difficult subject, especially if you've never had a premonition that altered the course of your life. Even fewer will alter the lives of others.

The etymology suggests that the key underlying feature seems to be a warning received in an atypical way, outside the normal experience of the observer. The interpretation of which, takes place after the forewarned event unfolds, by the receiver; and who altered his path as a result.

Not only is retroactive clairvoyance allowed, but self-determined interpretation by the receiver, because the premonition is usually very personal. The receiver sometimes won't know he's even had a premonition until the events unfold, but he's suspicious enough to alter his course.

I'm looking for premonitions and the events surrounding these, that have already affected or which could affect others. Our belief may be immaterial, because our lives are affected regardless. I could even go so far as to speculate that the entire stage is set, just for these individuals.

I would like to start with a quote from the Book of Revelation. The subject matter might surprise you, because the warning is far ahead of its time.

For this reason, I consider it a premonition first, and a then a moral argument.

Rev. 11:18

The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

Two thousand years ago, no one was capable of destroying the earth. Most people couldn't read or write, much less control or alter their environment.

So why list a punishment, which would have been far beyond the experience of the writer? The industrial revolution and the nuclear age are centuries away.

This book rightly has its critics, but I've always felt that it contained glimpses of future technology.

Other examples I'm suspicious of, are:

1) Fire from heaven, performed in full view of men.

2) A number will come to represent your name, and you will be unable to buy or sell without it.

3) A talking idol image will appear, which will deceive many.

If I told you that all three of these things appeared on earth, at roughly the same time, and in the same nation, would it surprise you?

These are the hinted at, fingerprints, of an entity known as the "False Prophet," and they appear to be a premonition.

The Bomb, Social Security Number, and the television all appeared together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line here is, if you experience a premonition; past, present, or future, please post it here.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Two thousand years ago, no one was capable of destroying the earth. Most people couldn't read or write, much less control or alter their environment.

Two thousand years later, no one is capable of destroying the earth.
  • Like 7

This is a difficult subject, especially if you've never had a premonition that altered the course of your life. Even fewer will alter the lives of others.

The etymology suggests that the key underlying feature seems to be a warning received in an atypical way, outside the normal experience of the observer. The interpretation of which, takes place after the forewarned event unfolds, by the receiver; and who altered his path as a result.

Not only is retroactive clairvoyance allowed, but self-determined interpretation by the receiver, because the premonition is usually very personal. The receiver sometimes won't know he's even had a premonition until the events unfold, but he's suspicious enough to alter his course.

I'm looking for premonitions and the events surrounding these, that have already affected or which could affect others. Our belief may be immaterial, because our lives are affected regardless. I could even go so far as to speculate that the entire stage is set, just for these individuals.

Sorry, I must be having another blonde moment....I couldn't understand one word :wacko:
  • Like 5

One could interpret "destroying the earth" as being "salting the earth so nothing will grow".

• Like 5

For how long now has each generation thought that the prophecies in the book of Revelations applied to their time? Every one of them? We human beings seem to have a fascination with scary end of the world stories. Revelations, the end of the Mayan calendar, "scientific" predictions about the end of the world which turn out to be science fiction, and others I can't think of.

• Like 4

My belief in the power of dreams as they relate to premonitions.

Most of my dreams can be easily related to life's journey.

They're part of the mechanism by which we store memories.

By far the most useful dreams are where the unexpected results occur, where I'm actually surprised by what I'm seeing inside the dream.

They reveal hidden truths that escape our conscious mind's eye.

The power of the human mind to assist in our survival should not be underestimated. Approximately 75,000 ago, the earth's temperature fell by 5 to 15 degrees, suddenly and globally. An estimated 75% of all plant life is believed to have disappeared from the Northern Hemisphere for around 1,000 years.

Those who survived, were part of a genetic bottleneck, which is clearly visible today in the human genome.

It is estimated that only 5,000 of us made it.

So I seriously doubt that it was just the skeptics that had a leg up. My better guess is, those who paid attention to their subconscious mind, would have had a much better chance at survival.

Recognizing the power of our brain during sleep is another level of intelligence.

• Like 1

His arrogance was unmatched.

Of all the Republican leadership, I disliked him the most.

It's becoming clearer that the earth despises the conservative right; now even more, and longs to take another miraculous position against their strain of madness, as we saw with well-timed hurricane's Isaac and Sandy.

If you'll recall, hurricane Isaac destroyed their convention message, then hurricane Sandy finished them off at the finish line, by elevating President Obama through a clear contrast with former President Bush, who was AWOL following hurricane Katrina.

The earth has many enemies, but they are by far the greatest, politically.

As California cracks and withers this summer, so too shall the party of pollution.

For how long now has each generation thought that the prophecies in the book of Revelations applied to their time? Every one of them? We human beings seem to have a fascination with scary end of the world stories. Revelations, the end of the Mayan calendar, "scientific" predictions about the end of the world which turn out to be science fiction, and others I can't think of.

Shooting arrows and using catapults with flaming pitch were as close as they got, at the time the technological premonitions of Revelation were written. Falling cannon balls are not visible to all men, nor was there a way to transmit the "full view," at the time of their invention.

Nothing like what is described by the writer had ever been seen until nuclear weaponry arrived, or the means to deliver it. The best example of "fire from heaven" that he would have had; would likely have been what was described as occurring at Sodom and Gomorrah. Yet, even that wouldn't have been in "full view" of mankind, as he describes. The whole idea of performing a "false miracle" in this case, was to impress everyone on earth. It's "false," in the sense that it's not what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah. It's a bad copy.

"Full view" is the real key, because both of these inventions appeared at roughly the same time on earth. The writer also suggests that they are scheduled together.

I think that this is likely the "talking idol image," he was referring to, as one of the other three, key, false miracles. It's how you can attain "full view."

His description comes with the limitations of his own experiences and understanding, but this provides a clue, in and of itself.

These are technological inventions, with the power to alter the perceptions of not just a village, not just a town, not just a city, not just a county, not just a state, but the entire world.

14234406118_1df7552a2f_o.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

There was a time when I believed that the Christian bible was merely a book of fanciful tales for aiding the understanding of ethics however; now-a-days I’m left wondering if there actually is more to the stories.

Regarding dreams! That’s what initially tweaked my interest over some excerpts / themes from the biblical material…I’ve experienced a few odd dreams which have defied an explanation for, for example there was one dream where I heard about the Holy Sepulchre…I’d never heard about such a thing before until the dream so I was fairly taken aback when a google search revealed what it actually is.

I still prefer to remain ignorant about religious material… I’m quite a lazy person and I honestly can’t be bothered to delve into all those pages of too many words…I so hate reading books.

Yet! My curiosity niggles me when I have dreams like the ones which tell me the identity of who Satan is in present times and such…Dreams like that tend to arouse my thoughts about current world-wide events and I find it mildly interesting to believe that I’m probably one of those whose brain or genetics is tuned into deceiving itself about the end time events or maybe, there could actually be a possibility that the final days are being played out right now.

There was a time when I believed that the Christian bible was merely a book of fanciful tales for aiding the understanding of ethics however; now-a-days I’m left wondering if there actually is more to the stories.

Regarding dreams! That’s what initially tweaked my interest over some excerpts / themes from the biblical material…I’ve experienced a few odd dreams which have defied an explanation for, for example there was one dream where I heard about the Holy Sepulchre…I’d never heard about such a thing before until the dream so I was fairly taken aback when a google search revealed what it actually is.

I still prefer to remain ignorant about religious material… I’m quite a lazy person and I honestly can’t be bothered to delve into all those pages of too many words…I so hate reading books.

Yet! My curiosity niggles me when I have dreams like the ones which tell me the identity of who Satan is in present times and such…Dreams like that tend to arouse my thoughts about current world-wide events and I find it mildly interesting to believe that I’m probably one of those whose brain or genetics is tuned into deceiving itself about the end time events or maybe, there could actually be a possibility that the final days are being played out right now.

You've hit the nail on the head with regard to the dreams I pay close attention to. If you're left wondering "why," when you wake up, because it's a subject or something you're not at all interested in, or are dramatically surprised by, then pay attention.

We often hear from science that our brains are more complex and powerful than we can now imagine, yet rarely do we hear anyone go out on a limb, as to what degree this might be considered supernatural.

For me, anything that exists beyond our conscious mind's eye is the realm of the supernatural. It's that simple.

I'm far more interested in the technology of the "end," than the end itself, because I believe if we can recognize that we were warned we might be able to stop where it likely leads.

However, as my signature underlines, it takes faith to believe in the warning, and that is hard to find these days.

People are bored with the church, and rightly so. It is, as Jesus so aptly describes in the Book I reference, like drinking something that is "lukewarm." It makes Him want to vomit.

Isn't retroactive clairvoyance just hindsight?

No doubt that it can be, but if you change your path as a result of the premonition, that's more than hindsight.

But changing your path means you were aware of the premonition before hand and chose a different path because of it.

Retroactive premonition would indicate you didn't realize you knew what was coming till after it happened.

I'm splitting hairs I guess as I don't believe in this stuff. But the term stood out

• Like 4

so let me understand this -

you aren't really wanting to discuss premonitions in general, you want to talk about revelation and the bible.

• Like 4

so let me understand this -

you aren't really wanting to discuss premonitions in general, you want to talk about revelation and the bible.

No, I simply used part of the Book as an example of what I believe to be a very powerful premonition. It's a reference.

Last year, I used a another example to kick things off. It didn't mean I wanted to discuss American history.

Perilous Premonitions for 2013

If you believe you've had a premonition that could extend beyond your life experience, and which may help others, place it here.

There are many examples of this phenomena occurring in the lives of ordinary people, who believe they were saved from death by a warning or diversion, or who were led to believe they had special protection; arguably from a higher power. The event would lay a foundation of confidence, making the ordinary become extra ordinary.

At Valley Forge, George Washington is said to have received a detailed vision, a portion of which is recounted below:

"A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look at learn.' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them."

Before this, he is said to have wept in despair for days over the condition of his weary and poorly equipped soldiers.

This premonition would later extend to the lives of millions.

Adolf Hitler is said to have experienced one of these during World War I. As the story goes, he "recalled how a mysterious voice had told him to leave a crowded dugout during a minor barrage. Within minutes of walking out into the trenches an incoming shell flattened the bunker killing all of its occupants."

This premonition would later extend to the lives of millions.

Best of the year, so far ...

Given the current atmosphere, I now call upon the earth to manufacture her own special effects, for she has more than enough good cause.

Special effects - definition

noun Movies, Television.

unusual visual and sound effects beyond the range of normal photography or recording, as simulated fires or earthquakes, explosions, thunder and lightning, miniaturized or enlarged images, or other optical or electronic distortions.

Origin:

1940–45

-------------------------------------------------------

"Given the current atmosphere," it's hard to imagine a better "special effect," the very next day on live national television.

I wonder how many Moses moments I'm allowed before the NSA asks for a warrant to place an implant in my brain.

Regarding the "dark arts".... Mr. Snowden, I would simply repeat, “fear not,” because the earth is capable of protecting her ears and her mouth.

The kind of encryption I'm using, is not accessible by the state of confusion, by any material means.

14441027082_951cddfd6e_o.jpg

Snowden References Very Obscure Comparison - May 30, 2014 - Post 1

“Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.” Acts 2:2

The Bomb, Social Security Number, and the television all appeared together.

The Bomb - I assume you mean the atom bomb - 1945

Social Security Number - 1935 , but it's not required to buy or sell so doesn't fit the biblical text.

Television - 1925 in London

So they didn't appear at the same time nor were they all in the same nation, unless you think London is located within the U.S.

• Like 2

The Bomb - I assume you mean the atom bomb - 1945

Social Security Number - 1935 , but it's not required to buy or sell so doesn't fit the biblical text.

Television - 1925 in London

So they didn't appear at the same time nor were they all in the same nation, unless you think London is located within the U.S.

In terms of the technological advances of mankind up until that point, the range of development of those three things is the equivalent of a blink of the eye.

There are many firsts, but the one I'm interested in arose from mass production that drove the Golden Age of Television, which in turn drove down the price for everyone else on earth.

Europe was decimated following World War II, only the Americans had the disposable income to drive the engine required for the phenomena below.

This is the appearance I'm most interested in, which leads to "full view."

Sep 4, 1951:

President Truman makes first transcontinental television broadcast

On this day in 1951, President Harry S. Truman's opening speech before a conference in San Francisco is broadcast across the nation, marking the first time a television program was broadcast from coast to coast. The speech focused on Truman's acceptance of a treaty that officially ended America's post-World War II occupation of Japan.

The broadcast, via then-state-of-the-art microwave technology, was picked up by 87 stations in 47 cities, according to CBS.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I was woken around 1:00 am this morning by a really annoying dream…I saw what appeared to be a page of twitter tweets (I don’t actually use twitter etc. but that’s what it looked like) and every message had Barack Obama’s name on it…Got to wonder if something big is about to happen soon.

So why list a punishment, which would have been far beyond the experience of the writer? The industrial revolution and the nuclear age are centuries away.

Why do we have stories about teleporters,time travel, cute little creatures that become monsters when you feed them, or giant radioactive dinosaurs? Because we are able to create and imagine things that are not real. Without this ability we would have never invented anything or solved any problems etc.

Also, you do realise the bible has been translated numerous times, and with any translation you never manage to get across the exact literal meaning.

• Like 2

I was woken around 1:00 am this morning by a really annoying dream…I saw what appeared to be a page of twitter tweets (I don’t actually use twitter etc. but that’s what it looked like) and every message had Barack Obama’s name on it…Got to wonder if something big is about to happen soon.

You're in love in Obama?
  • Like 1

You're in love in Obama?

Shudders at the thought of your suggestion… :cry:

If dreaming about a person means that I’m in love with them then I’m in big trouble because the list of names which have featured in my dreams are as follows:-

Chuck Norris. Tom Baker. Tom Jones. Frank Bruno. Elias Koteas. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Patrick Stewart. Brent Spinner. Danny DeVito. Bobby-Vinton (Blue Velvet song). Scott Baccula. David Duchovny. John Corbett. Jim Carrey. George Michael. William Shatner. Deanna Williams. George Donikian. Charlie Sheen. Patrick Moore. Ryan Maloney. David Hyde Pierce. Richard Branson. Burt Lancaster. Michael Jackson. Elizabeth Taylor. Harrison Ford. Patrick Swayze. Brendan Fehr. Eric Idle / Monty Python …(Song -Always Look on the Bright side of life). Rock Hudson. Sandra Bullock. George Takei. Daryl Hannah. Jason Donovan. David Letterman. Shiri Appleby. Fred Astaire…(song Cheek to Cheek). DeForest Kelley. Humphrey Bogart. Jon Voight. Charles Bronson. John Ritter. Emlyn Hughes. David Bowie. Jonathan Frakes. Jack Nicholson. Susan Sarandon. Jackie Collins. Cliff Richards. Elvis Impersonator. Henry Winkler. Allison Dubois. The Bee Gee brothers. Rove McManus. Frankie Valli …(song-Can’t take my eyes of You). Jon Bon Jovi. Levar Burton. Marlon Brando. Richard Thomas. Nelson Aspen. Nicholas Cage. Betty White. Bill Cosby. Liberace. George Burns Ennis Cosby. Chris Tarrant. Ian Dickson. Nichelle Nichols. Mel Gibson. Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Mel and Kochie. Nicholas Farrell. Hugh Laurie. Shane Withington.Chazz Palminteri. Nicholas Bufalo. Lee Kernaghan…(song Boys in the Bush). Tim Allen. (+Grey alien from Galaxy quest). Paul Newman. Shirley McLain. Isaiah Washington (look-a-like). Don Lane. Leonardo DiCaprio. John Wayne. David Tennant. Ben E King…(song Stand by Me). Shakespeare’s Sister…(song Stay with Me). Robbie Williams. Jensen Ackles. Veterinarian / Dr. Chris Brown. Graham Norton. Burn Gorman. Richard Jenkins. Jeff Rense. Robert Powell. Judy Garland…(song Over the Rainbow). Lisa Bonet. ELO. Elton John. Terence McKenna. Aretha Franklin. Barbra Streisand…(song Memories). Seth Gabel. Timothy Olyphant. Robert Carlyle. Maria Shriver. Michael Ironside. Angelina Jolie (Look-a-Like). Queen…(song I want to break free). Jeri Ryan. Christian Slater. Saint Germane. King Richard 3rd. Boudicca. Queen Elizabeth 2nd. Prince Philip. Princess Anne. Sophie Rhys-Jones. Queen Nefertiti. Ramses 2nd. Ex-U.K Prime Minister - Tony Blair. Ex-Australian Prime Minister - John Howard. Ex-Australian Prime Minister - Julia Gillard. Ex-U.S.A President - G.W Bush. Ex-U.S.A President - Bill Clinton. Ex-U.S.A President - George Washington. U.S.A President – Barack Obama. Pope John Paul 2nd. Pope Benedict 16th. Vladimir Lenin. Osama Bin Laden. Genghis Khan.

Other names unknown or mythological:- Princess Nefertini. Ma-at. Horus. Set. Apollo. Noah. God named O*****. Jesus Christ. Gabriel. Michael. Mabus Atkins. Xena. Mona Lisa. Meridian Ophera. Diane Keith.Wayne Green. Gazza. Opollo. Elle or Eli. Don. Brian. Alex. Jake Withington. Mathew Cook. Linda Holmes. Talantha. Reef. Benjamin Martin. Jintu. Bouvelle. Jerome. Samuel. Mervin. Abutan. Caroline Anne-James. Charlotte Vincent. Anne Frou-Frou. Vrillion. Zed. Mustafa. Ethel Birdman. Dereck Falcon.

Shudders at the thought of your suggestion… :cry:

If dreaming about a person means that I’m in love with them then I’m in big trouble because the list of names which have featured in my dreams are as follows:-

More likely than your suggestion.