Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly Action Caught On Security Camera

jjphere

This happened recently at a store when the business operator, at home, saw

on the security camera a man walking about in the empty and locked up shop.

The color and type of clothing was noted as were the areas where he walked.

Who was it? There was soon afterwards an armed response to the intrusion, but no one

was found nor was anything found suspicious or out of the normal. The store operator

and others say that nothing was stolen, but no normal person would have been able to

enter and leave without leaving some clue. The conclusion was that it was a ghost or

something else supernatural.

Employees before this often said that they did not wish to be in the building alone because

of feelings that they had about the store. Now, no one wants to be there alone at all.

Can you blame them?

A ghost shopper. Maybe something happen in that building long ago.

I have a feeling the footage is unavailable.... surprisingly.

It is a hit to the 'ghost research' folks that I hear about places that are so haunted but never continuously researched. One visit and it is proclaimed haunted and then it is left. EVP's are recorded and then they leave. Videos of shadows, silly orbs, or other seemingly odd phenomena is recorded, once. Never mind the fact that the some of the tools used are unproven to boot, psychics for example.

I have a friend that bought a house that was reputed to be haunted (not sure if he still owns it or not). On the web page for the house it lists things that apparently happen on a very regular basis. I have to wonder why if there is a locations that is SO haunted that there isn't consistent ongoing investigation? One of the gripes of science is the inconsistency of these phenomena, if they exist at all. There are so many, apparently, locations that are so haunted this should not be an issue.

It would be amazing if the whole ghost/haunting thing were real but I do not buy it. Too many things that can be shown to exist but like most paranormal/supernatural things they seem impossible to. This is not due to technological limitations I believe. It is due to a lack of desire to give up on the idea. Seems it is a hardwired human desire to show an afterlife when it comes to ghosts. JMO of course.

• Like 4

I will ask about the photo footage, but I doubt it will be released.

The building contains antiques and collectibles and perhaps this

is why there is something attached to them. They have in many cases a long

history.

Tour leaders like to be able to say a property is haunted but usually

not owners and store operators.

• Like 1

Without footage it's hard to comment really but I have definitely heard of objects having energies attached to them and causing poltergesit like disturbances and uneasy feelings and smells etc. Each case is to be taken on its own merit though as there are myriad possibilities if merely one or two things happen. There have been compelling cases nevertheless. Another possibility is the history of the building, if it didn't used to be a shop, the extra activity and constant bustle may have had an impact on the previous occupants who visit or linger. It isn't likely one would imagine a person walking around on footage of the store, we can only take their word on the no way in or out. Information on former uses and folks experiences would also be useful.

Edited by DancingCorpse
  • Like 1

I will ask about the photo footage, but I doubt it will be released.

The building contains antiques and collectibles and perhaps this

is why there is something attached to them. They have in many cases a long

history.

Tour leaders like to be able to say a property is haunted but usually

not owners and store operators.

Fine, forget about the footage.

Name of store. Where is it located. Police department that responded. News articles about the incident. etc. etc.

• Like 8

I'm not a skeptic, I've seen a ghost but really need the footage or at least the name of the place and the city/state its located in so I can look it up.

Do you think you can ask for footage? It would really help. Without it we're left to guess and infer about things.

I question jjphere as few others have stated on this topic. It's a sense of deja vu with people coming here and throwing claims with out posting the evidence they are talking about and ironically only their friend or relative have it.

"Hey guys, My friend and I have this awesome video footage of this alien that landed at our house and played the Xbox with us! My friend has it on his iphone, any one else has that experience? Wait, you want to see it... well.... i have to ask my... friend... he has it... *Ninja smoke vanish and never see poster again trick".

• Like 1

Sorry, I have not seen the footage myself, and only know of it because of one of

the employees. I have zero legal proof, but the person who runs the store is the one

who saw the footage at home and is duly impressed. Maybe it is not a ghost, but

from what I have been told it may be, and is for sure something very mysterious and difficult to explain.

If I can get the footage I will tell you all.

When there was a poltergeist in the family of my father-in-law many years ago, he told

us that it could be from a piece of furniture in the house which had supposedly

been in a house with a lurid past. Sometimes spirits attach to objects, is what he

was trying to say.

Edited by jjphere

Sorry, I have not seen the footage myself, and only know of it because of one of

the employees. I have zero legal proof, but the person who runs the store is the one

who saw the footage at home and is duly impressed. Maybe it is not a ghost, but

from what I have been told it may be, and is for sure something very mysterious and difficult to explain.

If I can get the footage I will tell you all.

When there was a poltergeist in the family of my father-in-law many years ago, he told

us that it could be from a piece of furniture in the house which had supposedly

been in a house with a lurid past. Sometimes spirits attach to objects, is what he

was trying to say.

Unfortunately, without any details or footage, this thread is simply a "cool story bro".

• Like 4

the employees.

Wait *rubs my temples on my forehead*,

You hear this "too good to be true" story from some bloke that worked at some place and take his or her word on it, You did not see this video and you tell us..

The conclusion was that it was a ghost or something else supernatural.

Ever heard the saying "Look before you leap?". The conclusion is, that you have no clue if this is true except some story a friend told you.

I highly doubt we will see this video, I will vanish into the mists from this thread waiting for this thread to die or He acutally presents his friend's video.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

Any true believer must approach each story as a skeptic. This is unfortunate in most cases, because even if something is there, there must be good evidence, also. Great story! I just wish there was some footage that we could see. Or even a news article so we knew it wasn't an urban legend or something.

• Like 2

So no video then, just a good story...

• Like 1

So no video then, just a good story...

It wasnt even a good story in my opinion

• Like 2

So, you heard about this from someone and had not seen the footage. What made you want to share it with this board? Do you even know if this guy is telling the truth?

Well, guess we just have to wait and see if we get the footage or not.

Tell your friend this:

ducttape.png

• Like 4

The person who told me the story is a very close relative, and I know it is true.

Exactly what it means, I do not know, except if his clothes were seen then

it sounds like he was seen clearly, but do ghosts wear clothes? Don't ask me me,

I have never seen one. I apologize again for the tantalizing story. The person who saw

it on the monitor probably has no idea how important it may be to some of us,

to lend proof to something.

The person who told me the story is a very close relative, and I know it is true.

Exactly what it means, I do not know, except if his clothes were seen then

it sounds like he was seen clearly, but do ghosts wear clothes? Don't ask me me,

I have never seen one. I apologize again for the tantalizing story. The person who saw

it on the monitor probably has no idea how important it may be to some of us,

to lend proof to something.

How do you know for certain it's true if you haven't seen the footage? Is it just a very strong gut feeling?

• Like 2

I know the people involved and I know they told the truth as they saw it.

To me it is very interesting, even if it does not 100% prove something.