Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Lets Count to a Million (Game)

• Please log in to reply
2790 replies to this topic

#1081    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 4,739 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

1081. Proclamation 1081 was the declaration of Martial Law in the Philippines by President Marcos.  It came into effect in September 1972 and was only lifted in 1981.

#1082    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

AD 1082 Rochester Cathedral is completed.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#1083    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,759 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

AD1083 Bishop Odo, the Earl of Kent was suddenly disgraced and imprisoned by William I for having planned a military expedition to Italy. Some historians think that he wanted to invade Rome and declare himself Pope. Others, (myself included) are of the opinion that the good Bishop was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#1084    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

*munches on one of the good Bishop's sandwiches as she searches for something interesting that happened in 1084*

Sadly, most of it has to do with the power struggles between Rome and the Holy Roman Empire.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#1085    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,759 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

1085 - the Domesday survey is commissioned by William I

View PostKasey2601, on 23 April 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

*munches on one of the good Bishop's sandwiches as she searches for something interesting that happened in 1084*

Sadly, most of it has to do with the power struggles between Rome and the Holy Roman Empire.

Kasey! Nothing happened in 1084? I can't believe you missed the death of Wulfwold, Abbot of Chertsey in April of that year! Tut tut!!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#1086    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

AD 1086... the Domesday book is completed.

And ealdwita... I said nothing interesting happened in 1084. Clearly I don't consider Wulfwold's death interesting. :P

Edited by Kasey2601, 23 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#1087    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,759 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

AD 1087 William I (the Conqueror, the B***ard - whichever you prefer) died from complications of a wound he received in a siege on the town of Mantes.

View PostKasey2601, on 23 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

AD 1086... the Domesday book is completed.

And ealdwita... I said nothing interesting happened in 1084. Clearly I don't consider Wulfwold's death interesting. :P

Well, I'll bet it concerned him more than just a tad!

#1088    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

AD 1088, the year after ol' Willie's death, a rebellion took place which concerned the division of his lands in England and in Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose.

#1089    Titanicneversank

Titanicneversank

Alien Abducter

• 4,739 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

1089 Noodle House is a Chinese restaurant in Stony Brook, Long Island. It's too early in the morning to go checking if Ethelred of Westchester married a goat or whether the Vice Bishop of Marseille fell off a boat in 1089. :D

#1090    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

1090 or 10% on top, 90% in the rear....

Better known as: "The Mullet."

To say that "The Mullet" is merely a hairstyle, barely even scratches the surface of the issue. The mullet is a way of life, it is a state of mind, it is every person who wears it.

Physical Description: The Mullet, or, 1090, is characterized by short hair on the top, front, and sides of the head, followed by a long drape of hair on the back.

Typical accessories to the mullet include moustaches, scraggly beards and/or goatees, and sunglasses.

Research on the mullet phenomena, at this stage, is still in its infancy. However it is suggested by many top laboratories that the mullet, as it slowly reaches maturity, begins to grow tentacles into the brain of the victim which affect several areas of the brain and fundamentally alter the candidate's actions and behavioural responses.

Said behavioural changes mainly include extreme agression, the proclivity to consume large amounts of alcohol, pedophilia, lack of hygeine, dramatic reduction in inhibitions (often bolstered by the consumption of alcohol), sense of paranoia and distrust towards authority/governmental figures, and most importantly - steadily decreasing IQ levels.

Thanks to the Urban Dictionary for this enlightening explanation. :w00t:

#1091    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,759 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Friday 17th.October 1091, a tornado destroyed London Bridge and various other parts of the city.

View PostKasey2601, on 24 April 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

AD 1088, the year after ol' Willie's death, a rebellion took place which concerned the division of his lands in England and in Normandy between his two sons William Rufus and Robert Curthose.

William Rufus...now there's fertile tillage for the Conspiracy Theory crowd!

#1092    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

AD 1092... King William II of England annexes Cumbria from the Scottish Celtic kingdom of Strathclyde and builds Carlisle Castle. That same month Lincoln Cathedral is consecrated.

#1093    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

1093- Thomas Edison held a record of 1093 patents in his lifetime.

#1094    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,881 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

United Airlines flight #1094 runs between San Francisco, CA and Washington Dulles International.

#1095    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

AD 1095 the First Crusade begins. Called by Pope Urban II and led by Peter the Hermit, Walter the Penniless, Godfrey of Bouillon, Baldwin and Eustace of Flanders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users