Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Chronicles of Narnia

Mad Manfred

The first of (hopefully) many Narnia books has been under production for six months and is almost done.

Due for mid-2005 release.

Can't wait! w00t.gif

PS. Amy Lee is rumored to be involved...vocals most likely though possibly within the movie also.

*runs in circles*

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feenix Fire

• Mad Manfred

• TheCrow

• Raistlin Majere

OMG! I lvoed the Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe!

I cannot WAIT until the movie!!!!!! It's gonna be totally awesome!!!!!!!!

I read the first book and plan on reading the rest!!!!!!! w00t.gif

These are some of my favourite books of all time, I've read them all and I think they are all equally awesome, although perhaps the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe does have that little something extra that makes it even more magical.

Ames x

Sideshow WETA (the folks behind the Lord of the Rings movies) is involved with the special effects and creature make-up. I've seen some behind the scenes footage of it presented by Richard Taylor (who is the head of WETA) and honestly the creatures look great. There are very obvious similarities to LOTR, especially in the trolls and such. But they showed several pieces on some Minotaur warriors, and it was just really fantastic.

Here's a link to the film:

http://narnia.com/movie/

Oh, here's the link to the footage I was talking about. I was at the BNAT in Austin, and happily Aint It Cool put it online, too.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18980

Edited by JennRose

OMG! My cousin and I CANNOT stop talking about how great this movie is going to be! I remember the cartoon and there was a movie. well anyway. i'm excited w00t.gif *dances with joy*

• 2 months later...

i was wondering if we have any Narnia fans here at UM.

I've read "The Magicians Nephew" and I read "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" when I was little. They were totally cool books. I can't wait til the movie comes out. Its supposed to come out this December. Brian Cox does the voice of Aslan. He played Stryker on X-men 2.

I'm so excited!

I've read some when I was younger, I really, really liked it. Wait..they're making movies!?

ohmy.gif !

Edited by Janiel

I love the Chronicles of Narnia. I have the complete set. So they are making an animated movie?

Animated? No!!!

I love all the Narnia books. Read them all grin2.gif Hope they make a good movie thumbsup.gif

Thank you Moe!!!!!! w00t.gif

I've seen the cartoon version The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe(TLWW)

made in 1979.

And they made a movie some time ago but I'm not sure when. I've seen tiny bits before but I found the DVD at a video store by my home.

Edited by Feenix Fire

i have all the books. ive only read The Magicians Nephew and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. TLWW was such an amazing book. i love it. i hope the movie is gonna be good.

It better be good! It was so cool how they found Narnia in Magicians Nephew! WOW! What an adventure it would have been to explore ALL those other worlds!

I hope the movie doesn't demolish the point of the books like Hollywood movies have the tendidcy to do... looks like itll be good

I feel I've definitely graduated to far more mature books, and I'd probably hate these if I had read them now, but when I was about 9, "The Horse and his Boy" was probably my favorite book.

any1 got the tape series. i think i lost all of mine.

564886[/snapback]

I have TLWW on VHS somewhere grin2.gif it was one of my sick videos as a kid (you know, one of several things you always watch when your off school sick... others included Alice in Wonderland and The Goofy Movie)

I first read TLWW when I was about 11 and then several years later I saw a boxed collection of all the books and my mum bought it for me. The Horse and His Boy would probably be my favourite although TLWW is really good too.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this movie (although I have to say, not as much as Goblet of Fire - Voldermort is gonna rule!) but am unsure how well it will do at the BO. It could quite easily do Harry Potter figures or maybe even more because it is a great story but the stories aren't as popular or well known in the US as they are in Europe and neither are they as well known today as they use to be. I think at one point, TLWW was part of the curriculum at English schools but now it's bloody Romeo and Juliet or something rubbish like that.

I can see it doing pretty well though because it is a classic tale of good vs. evil and a family movie which often do well in the run up to and around Christmas. Although King Kong is getting released a week later which will no doubt damage it's chances.

If the movie is good, I think it'll do really good on the BO. grin2.gif

Jack Bauer said:

I hope the movie doesn't demolish the point of the books like Hollywood movies have the tendidcy to do... looks like itll be good

Well, I'm hoping the same thing thumbsup.gif

Ditto...looking forward to it. And, as jpalz said, I hope Hollywood doesn't dismantle it rolleyes.gif

Anyone know when the trailer is due?