Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are angels real?

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Poll: Are angels real? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Are angels real?

1. Yes (55 votes [67.07%])

Percentage of vote: 67.07%

2. No (27 votes [32.93%])

Percentage of vote: 32.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 13,430 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

You're good at making up your mind and sticking with it lol

lol   What I mean is that I don't buy the whole Biblical perspective of Angels.  I tend to think of Scripture as 'somewhat truthful'.  But not the Word of God to be taken literally.   But, stories come from peoples experiences...those experiences are handed down from generation to generation...eventually finding their way into the written word.   Are those experiences really the naivety of man to understand his environment...or are they something else?  I think they are something both.   We tend to see only the Chemistry, the Physics, the 'known' reality as Humans.  That is because we have been conditioned to that end.  But...before that conditioning, mysteries were experienced that man couldn't explain.  Maybe with all of our egotistical prowess, we simply miss those things that are always all around us...like angels.   We think of Light as a Frequency....how do we know that Light is not also a life form?  Just silly questions to think about.

Edited by joc, 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#47    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

They exist as much as the Flying Spaghetti monster exists.
Why do people continue to bring up this superstitious nonsense.

#48    joc

joc

• 13,430 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 January 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

So, explain to me the beginnings of the myth of Godzilla....

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#49    papadad

papadad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• Imagine...???

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Me,yeah I believe.Never had a personal encounter,but in my life it maybe wasnt necessary . Just too many unexplained,mysterious incidents throughout history to ignore.Some could be explained away,but as a whole I think not.Call them Angels or whatever a human would classify them,its much too frequent to easily dismiss these encounters.

#50    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postjoc, on 12 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

So, explain to me the beginnings of the myth of Godzilla....

Godzilla was created by Japanese movie studios.
Angels are as "real" as godzilla is.
Your point?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#51    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

(Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postpapadad, on 12 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Me,yeah I believe.Never had a personal encounter,but in my life it maybe wasnt necessary . Just too many unexplained,mysterious incidents throughout history to ignore.Some could be explained away,but as a whole I think not.Call them Angels or whatever a human would classify them,its much too frequent to easily dismiss these encounters.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster explains your "unexplained mysterious incidents" as well as angels do. So does Godzilla for that matter.
Good grief.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#52    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,993 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postjoc, on 12 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't know that angels exist.  I don't believe that angels exist.   But....and....

...it also seems to me quite naive to think that in a Universe that is infinite,   Humans are the Top Life Form.   We are carbon based life forms, but I see no reason why there couldn't be for instance Silicon Based life forms...or Life Forms that exist as a Gas or Solid depending on their environment.  There is just so much we don't know and aren't able to know about this marvelous universe.  So, I think Angels probably do exist.
Information based life forms  that live within the context of the multidimensionality and syntax of existance with a conciousness evolved enough to not need a medium or ocupy and/or create one.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#53    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostKing Cobra 1408, on 11 January 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

..... i believe in spirits and etc i do but not demons...

Demons are spiritual life-forms, think of them as creatures that might have evolved from physical bodies into spiritual beings, or don't you believe in evolution?
They're "mind-parasites" that seek to implant themselves in human minds so that they can begin taking over (possessing) the victim to bend his/her will to their own.

Every time we give in to their prompting, they tighten their grip on us, hence the warnings-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

They're attracted by nasty human thoughts like moths to a flame, hence another warning not to radiate bad vibes so they won't home in on you-
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" {Philp 4:8)

Unlike Ripley's alien parasite, demons don't show up on x-rays but we can tell if somebody's hosting one because we can hear it swearing and talking sh**  through their mouths-

Posted Image

Edited by Crikey, 12 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#54    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,385 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 January 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

The difference is that the origins of the Flying Spaghetti Monster can be easily traced to atheists inventing a popular internet meme. By contrast, the origin of angels hails back through the mists of time.

As such, we know the origin of the FSM to be a fabrication. With an absolute saturation of oral and written lore we cannot so easily do the same for angels and it is therefore fallacious (perhaps even fraudulent) to compare them.

~ Regards,

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#55    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,993 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 12 January 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

The difference is that the origins of the Flying Spaghetti Monster can be easily traced to atheists inventing a popular internet meme. By contrast, the origin of angels hails back through the mists of time.

As such, we know the origin of the FSM to be a fabrication. With an absolute saturation of oral and written lore we cannot so easily do the same for angels and it is therefore fallacious (perhaps even fraudulent) to compare them.

~ Regards,
Not only that. People have seen angels, though you don't have to believe them, but I don't know of anyone who honestly claims to have seen an FSM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#56    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,993 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostCrikey, on 12 January 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Demons are spiritual life-forms, think of them as creatures that might have evolved from physical bodies into spiritual beings, or don't you believe in evolution?
They're "mind-parasites" that seek to implant themselves in human minds so that they can begin taking over (possessing) the victim to bend his/her will to their own.

Every time we give in to their prompting, they tighten their grip on us, hence the warnings-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

They're attracted by nasty human thoughts like moths to a flame, hence another warning not to radiate bad vibes so they won't home in on you-
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" {Philp 4:8)

Unlike Ripley's alien parasite, demons don't show up on x-rays but we can tell if somebody's hosting one because we can hear it swearing and talking sh**  through their mouths-

Posted Image
Is there not a possibility at all that demons could be manifestations of said negative emotions instead of being attracted to them?

Bruce Lee-

#57    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yes, they exist. I've seen two in two separate incidents myself in my short lifetime, and know of one more from a family member who had a visit herself. So beyond my own religious belief, yes, I know they exist.

#58    joc

joc

• 13,430 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I will give you a Biblical Example of Angels:  or were they?
When Lot is told to leave to avoid the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah...Angels appeared to warn them...but the people wanted to rape the Angels...and Lot told them to take his daughters but leave them alone...then suddenly...there was a bright flash of light and the Angels were gone.

Were these really Angels?  I think they were not.  I think they were men (or women) from Asia.  After all, wasn't it the Chinese who invented gun powder?  What would make a sudden flash?  Gun Powder being set off...Flash Powder if you will...and in the smoke and confusion the 'angels' were gone.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#59    AngelEmbrace

AngelEmbrace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• no matter what life throws at you keep your head held high and believe in yourself and learn to love yourself.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

OH THIS ONE IS EASY!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE & LIGHT

Angel Embrace x

#60    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster explains your "unexplained mysterious incidents" as well as angels do.

So, angels and flying pasta both can do the same things ?    What if you don't like pasta, would it not answer your prayer? Or is eating pasta considered blasphemous ?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users